Converting Non Imm "O" from single to multy entry

- I just got a single multy entry "O" visa based on the fact I have the legal custody of my 2 Thai children abroad (I'm not legally married).

Can it be converted to a multiple visa here in Bangkok and should I wait for the single entry to get closer to the expiration date to do so or i can do it anytime?

Is that true that its also possibly to convert it at the airport?

Thanks

No

You can, perhaps , obtain a multi entry visa from Savannakhet with the correct documentation

Are the children actually with you?

Yes, they are both living with me.

No way to be converted in Bangkok providing the right documentation?

You cannot covert a single entry visa to a multiple entry one anywhere. You can apply for a new visa at an embassy or consulate.

If you are the legal father of your children by way of legitimization you could a apply for a one year extension of stay based upon being their parent. You would need to show 400k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 40k baht income. After getting the extension you could apply for a multiple re-entry permit.

You could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your children with just your name on their birth certificates.

• Like 1

You cannot covert a single entry visa to a multiple entry one anywhere. You can apply for a new visa at an embassy or consulate.

If you are the legal father of your children by way of legitimization you could a apply for a one year extension of stay based upon being their parent. You would need to show 400k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 40k baht income. After getting the extension you could apply for a multiple re-entry permit.

You could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your children with just your name on their birth certificates.

Many thanks.

How to apply for a one year extension and where? Can that be done in Bangkok? would that be multi entry?

You could apply in Bangkok it that is where your lining.

It would not be a multiple entry until you paid 3800 baht for the re-entry permit I mentioned.

You would have to complete a TM7 application form.

There are not enough reports of applying for an extension based upon being a parent to give you a complete list of what supporting documents they will require to apply for the extension at immigration. It would be best to confirm what they want at the office where you will be applying.

The most important to start with is the financial proof.

You certainly will need their birth certificates. legitimization and custody documents plus copies. And copies of their house book registry.

• Like 1

You could apply in Bangkok it that is where your lining.

It would not be a multiple entry until you paid 3800 baht for the re-entry permit I mentioned.

You would have to complete a TM7 application form.

There are not enough reports of applying for an extension based upon being a parent to give you a complete list of what supporting documents they will require to apply for the extension at immigration. It would be best to confirm what they want at the office where you will be applying.

The most important to start with is the financial proof.

You certainly will need their birth certificates. legitimization and custody documents plus copies. And copies of their house book registry.

At least now I know where to start from.

Thank you very much, you've been very useful indeed.

I just got a single multy entry "O" visa based on the fact I have the legal custody of my 2 Thai children abroad (I'm not legally married).

If you only have legal documents from another country I doubt that Immigration would accept them even if translated and legalized, but you can certainly try.

I think you must be prepared to the need of having the same process, including fatherhood legalization, done again in a Thai court. If a child are 7 or older the fatherhood legalization can be done directly at the amphoe, no court needed.

A Thai and a foreigner marriage done abroad must be registered at an Amphoe to get a Kor Ror 22 in order to get an extension of stay based upon marriage.

It might be possible to a register a legitimization and custody done abroad done at an Amphoe but I am not confident it can be done.

• Like 1