AMAZING STEAKS, SAUSAGES, BACON & MORE DELIVERED ANYWHERE IN THAILAND.

PassionDelivery

Coincidentally a few days ago the chief Food critic for the NY Times published this article. He served the 1 kg ribeye for 4 persons. I would have to eat ribeye for a few days by myself:

The Pleasure of Steak At Home

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/16/magazine/the-pleasure-of-a-steak-at-home.html

Edited by JLCrab

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always good to have such services for those who live rurally.

I however pity the person trying to get ahead and promote their business amongst the online farang community. My God, you mean we will have to pay actual money for your goods and services? My word Sir, perish the thought of it.

coffee1.gif

well outside you get excellent pork and beef on the market, from the neighbor, etc. OF course no sausage.....But the problem is when you are in Bangkok...you never know where the product comes from and how old it is.

I usually have pork, packed on the same day that smells after 2 days in the fridge. So it was either not fresh at all or it was deep frozen before.

The usual supermarket sausage is often loaded with MSG=low quality.

All our meat comes either direct from the farm or from trusted and well known sources. Our pork we buy directly from Betagro which is well known for producing high quality and hygenic pork. We buy the best quality as long as the price is reasonable so that we can offer good quality and reasonable prices to our customers. Our beef comes from a farm in Eastern Thailand or from the famed Accidental Butcher in Ekkamai who buy direct from farmers in Tasmania, Australia.

Our sausages and bacon comes from Sloane's who are also famous for their excellent quality. Sloane's bacon for example is cured with no additives or phosphates (that is why the size of the rashes doesn't shrink during cooking cos it is not pumped full of water, other brands of bacon shrink to sometimes half the size during cooking and then you have a pan full of water).

Everything is vacuum packed with clear labeling so that you can rest assured that we are only supplying freshly made, good quality meat and other products.

Yes Betagro produces good quality.

On the country side there are also free range pigs, often half natural (long black hair) available. But I doubt that it is easy to use that commercial, as there so many small problems to get always the same quality and keep the thing hygienic. But it might be an idea to contact with some farmer and offer such only when it is available.

The meat of a traditional style pig, that finds most of its food itself is far better than any commercial one, but of course there is more fat as well and a lot difficult to sell byproducts.

Don't listen to the usual jealous people here...great business idea though keep it clean,be honest and good luck...

Thanks a lot. It is our policy to always be transparent with our products and pricing to our customers. We will continue to add more great products to our website for nationwide delivery with PassionBox.

It is not an easy service to offer from a logistical point of view but we are happy to do so and we believe it will be a big benefit to customers who live outside of Bangkok and miss good quality food at reasonable prices.

Don't listen to the usual jealous people here...great business idea though keep it clean,be honest and good luck...

Thanks a lot. It is our policy to always be transparent with our products and pricing to our customers. We will continue to add more great products to our website for nationwide delivery with PassionBox.

It is not an easy service to offer from a logistical point of view but we are happy to do so and we believe it will be a big benefit to customers who live outside of Bangkok and miss good quality food at reasonable prices.

yes it is a great concept! Transparency is sometimes missing in food business.....

Do you give the ingredients on your sausages? (I wonder for phosphates or other water binding substances and about MSG).

I wish you good luck!

Edited by h90

it is a good idea ill give you that and i wish you luck,

but having our own pig farm i make my own sausage and pork pies,, you cant beat lincolnshire, cumberland and old english there the ones i make

as for beef i just get it from macro,

but your site does look good

post-32351-0-47929000-1439811627_thumb.j

yes it is a great concept! Transparency is sometimes missing in food business.....

Do you give the ingredients on your sausages? (I wonder for phosphates or other water binding substances and about MSG).

I wish you good luck!

Thanks. The ingredients are on our website but no printed on the vacuum packs.

You don't need to worry about phosphates or any other kind of artificial additives. This is because Sloane's is famous for quality and the pork used is from free range pigs ... "Sloane’s uses only natural sausage casings and our own recipes to avoid the use of unnecessary chemicals, no artificial flavorings or colourings are used".

He used to work for Gordan Ramsay in London. More details about the founder Joe Sloane and his philosophy can be found here http://www.passiondelivery.com/collections/sloanes.

Once you try these sausages you will never want to eat any other kind!

but having our own pig farm i make my own sausage and pork pies,, you cant beat lincolnshire, cumberland and old english there the ones i make

No offence, but I'd rather have Sloanes.

Thanks for the nice comments about our website. It is impressive you make your own sausages. I'd be interested if you ordered some of Sloane's (from us of course!) and compared them with yours. You can't beat a good sausage with a nice English breakfast!

What, you haven't gotten use to eating the local beef?

We're talking about sausages.

We're talking about sausages.

What, you haven't gotten use to the eating the local sausage?

I wish you good luck!

Thanks. The ingredients are on our website but no printed on the vacuum packs.

You don't need to worry about phosphates or any other kind of artificial additives. This is because Sloane's is famous for quality and the pork used is from free range pigs ... "Sloane’s uses only natural sausage casings and our own recipes to avoid the use of unnecessary chemicals, no artificial flavorings or colourings are used".

He used to work for Gordan Ramsay in London. More details about the founder Joe Sloane and his philosophy can be found here http://www.passiondelivery.com/collections/sloanes.

Once you try these sausages you will never want to eat any other kind!

No it is not: http://www.passiondelivery.com/collections/passionbox-dry-delivered-nationwide/products/sloanes-butifarra-sausages-500g

(I am a bit difficult on that because I studied Food- and Biotechnology and worked to make the ingredients sound nice, but in German language "natural identical" sounds way better than "artificial" so everything not written clear usually means fraud.

Don't take that as attack......Take it as hint, there are many other paranoid people looking. So if you don't use it, ALWAYS write not artificial color, no MSG used (a big point for many customer) no this no that used.....

Have a look in German sausages, they are worldwide the best (I am not German), there are a few quality producer in Pattaya. Recently I was in Austria: If you buy the same sausage in Austria or from Thai-German in Thailand there is a huge difference.

Nice selection, thank you. Will order soon.

Great, we look forward to receiving your order.

In the next week or so we will have some amazing new products online including:

New Sloane's sausages. Maple & bacon, Bratwurst, and Boerewores.

Thai wagyu beef (available exclusively with PassionDelivery, usually there is no available supply in Thailand as it all gets exported to Japan).

Smoked mussels and fish from NZ including deep sea cod

An amazing range of jams from Stonewall (USA)

All will be available for nationwide delivery in our PassionBox section. Stay tuned.

You can easily be kept up to date with our latest promotions / news / new products by liking us on FB, click here if interested https://www.facebook.com/passiondeliverybangkok.

Best regards

Ian

If you can stock Waitrose tea bags (available at Tops markets all over BKK) then i'd order a shed load. Can't get them where I am and I get to BKK rarely.

Happy to pay whatever it costs to deliver.

We can certainly take a look to see what is possible. I'll let you know if we are able to offer them.

I have nothing to do with the OP but use their service and can highly recommend it. Sloanes sausages and ribs in particular.

Glad you are enjoying our service. If you like Sloane's sausages we have 3 new ones coming online in the next week or so, as well as many other delicious products...

New Sloane's sausages. Maple & bacon, Bratwurst, and Boerewores.

Thai wagyu beef (available exclusively with PassionDelivery, usually there is no available supply in Thailand as it all gets exported to Japan).

Smoked mussels and fish from NZ including deep sea cod

An amazing range of jams from Stonewall (USA)

All will be available for nationwide delivery in our PassionBox section. Stay tuned.

You can easily be kept up to date with our latest promotions / news / new products by liking us on FB, click here if interested https://www.facebook.com/passiondeliverybangkok.

I can import bacon from Norway. 1st class much cheaper. Very expensive everything on this menu, but if you are hi-class, maybe its ok. I will stay with the excellent Thai chicken and pork. I can buy Norwegian Salmon and Mackerel in Makro. Mackerel 89 thb a kilo. Fresh Salmon 280 bath per kilo.

I think I just stay with the excellent Thai pork and the excellent Thai chicken. i can bu my American streak bacon in macro. 50% of the weight is the oil you have to throw down the drain, but still its tasting good. I can run my truck on the excess oil to the shop and back.

I can import bacon from Norway. 1st class much cheaper. Very expensive everything on this menu, but if you are hi-class, maybe its ok. I will stay with the excellent Thai chicken and pork. I can buy Norwegian Salmon and Mackerel in Makro. Mackerel 89 thb a kilo. Fresh Salmon 280 bath per kilo.

No body asked you to buy anything and everyone on here knows where to buy local produce.

Rather than spout off about the price,why not congratulate the people running this operation and wish them luck for the future.

I take my hat off to anyone attempting to operate any sort or business venture here especially one which has the odds stacked firmly against it due over taxation of goods that most natives wouldn't give a second glance to.

A fantastic opportunity for people in remoter parts of the nation to indulge in a little bit of the taste of home.

Not wishing to usurp PassionDelivery in any way, but those who find the options agreeable may also wish to try Bunters Foods (google it), who offer a similar service. No, I am NOT an employee of Bunters, but a happy and contented customer.

KS

Congrats to PassionDelivery for offering a new service. Hope you will persevere and not be disheartened by unhelpful sceptics (who would not be in your target market anyway).

As I am in BKK and eat out at various quality restaurants/hotels anyway, I am unlikely to be a customer, but I am not jaded enough to disparage an honest fellow-farang service provider who has done his homework and has a very professional website.

Bonne chance.

Not wishing to usurp PassionDelivery in any way, but those who find the options agreeable may also wish to try Bunters Foods (google it), who offer a similar service. No, I am NOT an employee of Bunters, but a happy and contented customer.

KS

I am soo hungry now.....

No body asked you to buy anything and everyone on here knows where to buy local produce.

Rather than spout off about the price,why not congratulate the people running this operation and wish them luck for the future.

I take my hat off to anyone attempting to operate any sort or business venture here especially one which has the odds stacked firmly against it due over taxation of goods that most natives wouldn't give a second glance to.

A fantastic opportunity for people in remoter parts of the nation to indulge in a little bit of the taste of home.

There are a couple of guys in Buriram who have been offering this kind of service successfully for quite a few years now. I believe they deliver to many places around Thailand. Good luck to the OP but it is hardly a new thing Edited by puchooay

I was actually considering ordering some steaks and ground beef from them until I saw their delivery prices. I was heartened by this sentence on their website:

We try hard to keep our delivery charges down and only charge what it costs us to send

That's a good sign I thought. So how much for delivery you may ask? 590 baht!!!!

I have just one thing to say. TRY HARDER, because you've failed. A box is under 10 baht. Dry ice is no more than 20 baht (buy a machine on eBay). A motorcycle to the Thai Post is 30 baht. And EMS delivery fees anywhere in Thailand for 1 kg are on the order of 100 baht. If 590 baht is really your cost, I suggest you find yourself a new logistics service.

Anyway, while I was almost willing to pay the high prices for a good quality steak, I am not willing to pay way over the odds for delivery. Sorry PassionBox, you lost a potential sale. I would recommend you reconsider your distribution model.