shipping household items

streboris

First question - has anyone here ever shipped their stuff to Thailand from Saudi and if so who did you use?

Next question - 1 moving/shipping company here have told me they will fly my stuff to Swampy airport and I will need to arrange collection from there... has anyone done this before? Where does the shipment sit for collection and how long can it sit waiting for collection?

Last question - how strict will they be on this 12 month rule, where the returning thai must live outside thailand longer than 12 months to qualify for tax free allowance of used houshold items?

The missus will have been here 11 and a half months when we leave... we've been back to thailand twice during that time so it's not so easy to see from the stamps in her passport.

Not so much... a few small kitchen appliances, kitchen wares, couple of PlayStations, PC monitor and printer, some clothes and bedding. Small bag of tools... Biggest item is 60 inch TV.

Finding a company here who ship to thailand is not easy and the one who will fly the stuff don't do to the door there.

There's a big political issues between saudi and thailand so businesses don't trade between the two

Edited by streboris

Company say they will pay for shipping... but even if they don't..

the tv is worth about 20,000 baht in saudi, but would cost 40,000 + baht to replace in Thailand. The coffee machine is worth maybe 10,000 baht in Saudi, but I saw the same machine for sale in Bangkok for 90,000 baht!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

You can contact this import agent in BKK his name is Krit Wong - 0813153350 he handled imports for us. The problem is that the duties and costs maybe higher than the price differences. Maybe you must do the calculations after you know the full costs of bringing the stuff into Thailand. When goods arrive at the airport it must go through customs. If you use an import agent he will do the clearance for you at customs. As you have a company that can bring it to Swampy there will be no problem to get someone to clear it for you.

Another tip that helped me was to ship over in your wife's name as though everything belongs to her, a Thai can send stuff personal effects without charge customs here seem to go easier on a Thai, than a farrang, not only that she can do all the negotiating with customs etc.when she is here.in Thai

There is an official Thai custom's leaflet online which outlines everything you need to know,maybe some other poster can help you there.

I sent 6 tea chest size cartons containing computer stuff PC printer laptop etc.and household stuff in wifes name from UK and there was no import duty charged at all, had it been in my name there would have been charges for electronic equipment. also as an after thought check your TV will work here UK TV's have problems so i've heard

Maxc