Compassion proves weak link for Thai man chained to motorcycle

webfact

Compassion Proves Weak Link for Man Chained to Moto
By Khaosod English

1439799401_201508171039244-2004101918564
A rescue worker cuts a chain taken from Pichai Angpasi's moto and used to tie his neck to it this morning by a couple he'd stopped to help on a road in Prachinburi province.

PRACHINBURI — Pichai Angpasi was just being a good Samaritan when he saw a man and woman walking their motorcycle along the side of the road early this morning.

Assuming they’d run out of gas and needed a hand, the 42-year-old Prachinburi man stopped his bike to put the question to them, according to the tale he would later tell of his early morning encounter.

“Have you run out of gas?” he asked them, helpfully.

The pair responded by whipping out long, sharp blades, at which point Pichai realized he was the one in need of rescue. Pichai said they grabbed him, dragged him into the woods, and stole his cash and phone before leaving the scene.

But not before they’d removed the drive chain from his scooter and wrapped it around Pichai’s neck and moto, possibly incensed he had tossed the key to it upon realizing he was being robbed.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1439799745

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-08-17

Honda Scoopy doesn't have a drive chain, it has a drive belt.

Probably lost all his money gambling or at the local

I think it would have been a chain to secure his motor bike,it would not be easy to take

drive chain of motor bike and you could not use a lock with it,Thai reporters you never

get the full story.

regards worgeordie

I think it would have been a chain to secure his motor bike,it would not be easy to take

drive chain of motor bike and you could not use a lock with it,Thai reporters you never

get the full story.

regards worgeordie

It's clearly a drive chain in the pictures, but I am not sure how they 'locked' it, you can't see that in the pics.

Thainess at its best. Poor guy will never stop to help someone ever again. I hope that couple is found and prosecuted.

"Thainess at its best."

Can you elaborate on that please?

Are you saying that most Thai people would stop to help or that most Thai people would have robbed him?

get the full story.

regards worgeordie

Oy cannie lad, how true and thus it shall ever be with most reporters worldwide. Amen.

As usual with stories like this, there is sure to be much more to this story.

It sounds a lot like that story from Phuket a few weeks back where the lady was allegedly transporting some big money and was allegedly robbed.

Others have suggested possible scenarios on this one. The moto driver may be the only one who knows the whole story.

Thainess at its best. Give it a break.. you're like a broken record.

no, vinyl has its redeeming qualities.

sadly, the posts on this thread that have garnered the most likes seem to be the ones that show the most disdain for thailand and thais in general.

thaivisa gets harder to stomach daily.

Amazing that when something like this happens to a Thai, there are all sorts of suggestions that it is a 'hoax', but when a farang is a victim, there is nothing but sympathy for the victim.

according to 'Khaosod' it was a hoax, the man had a 3,000 Baht debt that he couldn't repay and admitted to police that he staged the whole thing to gain sympathy, police are considering charging him for making a false statement.

Amazing that when something like this happens to a Thai, there are all sorts of suggestions that it is a 'hoax', but when a farang is a victim, there is nothing but sympathy for the victim.

according to 'Khaosod' it was a hoax, the man had a 3,000 Baht debt that he couldn't repay and admitted to police that he staged the whole thing to gain sympathy, police are considering charging him for making a false statement.

Right you are. But that doesn't change the fact that we're far more likely to call hoax on a Thai ... and slower to do so when a farang (like the big-legged German) is in the spotlight.

Right you are. But that doesn't change the fact that we're far more likely to call hoax on a Thai ... and slower to do so when a farang (like the big-legged German) is in the spotlight.

Experience perhaps. Hoaxing farangs are few and far between, at least i like to think so. We are a moaning bunch but in general we are honest and do our best to get through life without unduly hurting anyone, maybe because we have the means to do so. I personally feel sorry for this man, he must have been really desperate to stage this and all for 3,000 Baht

far and few between? i wonder how many police reports filed by travelers in the kingdom are simply attempts to have insurance pay for a portion of the holiday.

Edited by HooHaa

far and few between? i wonder how many police reports filed by travelers in the kingdom are simply attempts to have insurance pay for a portion of the holiday.

I don't know, how many ? do tell.

And they have arrested a lot of foreigners for false reports too. Gone round to the hotel and found the camera that was claimed.

And they have arrested a lot of foreigners for false reports too. Gone round to the hotel and found the camera that was claimed.

That camera must have got around a bit, a communal thing was it, 'Give the camera to Bill it's his turn to claim for it''. Be fair, i bet nobody claimed for the STD's that they shared out.

That camera must have got around a bit, a communal thing was it, 'Give the camera to Bill it's his turn to claim for it''. Be fair, i bet nobody claimed for the STD's that they shared out.

Jun 7, 2015 ... PHUKET: Tourist Police, in cooperation with Phuket City Police have ... he confessed to filing a false police report that personal items had been ...
news.thaivisa.com/phuket/south-african...police-report.../94996/
Page 1 of 2 - South African arrested for falsifying police report in ... after he confessed to filing a false police report that personal items had been ...
www.thaivisa.com/.../831014-south-african-arrested-for-falsifying-police- report-in-failed-insurance-fraud-claim/
Feb 10, 2015 ... AIex Gorgees, 19, went to Karon police station and filed a report... Gorgees himself was arrested on charge of filing a false complaint with the ...
news.thaivisa.com/thailand/australian-man...for...false.../4197/
Up to 6 months for a false crime report? Good to know. Better not to call thePolice. Even in a emergency situation. Who knows...they could it ...
www.thaivisa.com/.../757479-briton-makes-false-robbery-report-seeking- insurance-claim-pattaya/
PHUKET: -- A19-year-old Australian man is in hot water after filing a false policereport about a robbery that he said occurred whilst he was ...
www.thaivisa.com/.../798878-19-year-old-aussie-lied-to-phuket-police/

Probably lost all his money gambling or at the local karaoke.

spent all the night with another woman, spent all his money, need some probable explanation for his wife.

......and than they chained me to the motorbike. "and why is a condom in your pocket? The bad guy put it in after he took out the money.....