In waiting for the new 6-month multiple entry

Read the news about the multiple entry 6-month visa to be available soon. In 1 or 2 months?

I will probably return to Thailand before this visa will be available, end of September or beginning of October. And i would like to stay up to 6 months, as a tourist. I'm a road cyclist and go to Thailand every year for training.

I guess my option would be to fly in and get a 30-day visa and then go to Laos or Cambodia and hope that this 6-month multiple entry visa will be available then. Or is there any problems already having a 30-day visa to be able to get a 6-month one immediately after?

I think waiting for that 6 month visa would be like waiting for a tree to grow and bear fruit.

Best to apply for a 2 or 3 entry tourist visa at the embassy in London. You can apply for it by mail. Info can be found here: http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/4

The Nation article seems to suggest that the new visa will be coming into effect in about 2 months, or is this just poorly reported as a proposal rather than something concrete?

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Plan-to-grant-multiple-entry-visas-to-tourists-fro-30266029.html

The first news about it said it would be available by Chinese New years which was about 6 months ago.

Until it is approved it is just a proposal..

Hi UJ , I have 2 entry tourist visa, I just got an extension of 30 days after 60 at Rayong, btw it took minutes, I need to go back USA for 1 month, but my 30 day extension is gonna be 3 days short, I don't want to overstay 3 days, can I go and get 3 day extension at immigration and then come back Thai.for 2nd entry in 30 days Thanks so much...

The first news about it said it would be available by Chinese New years which was about 6 months ago.

Hi UJ , I have 2 entry tourist visa, I just got an extension of 30 days after 60 at Rayong, btw it took minutes, I need to go back USA for 1 month, but my 30 day extension is gonna be 3 days short, I don't want to overstay 3 days, can I go and get 3 day extension at immigration and then come back Thai.for 2nd entry in 30 days Thanks so much...

You can get 7 days there are no 3 day extensions .....................1900 bht

Overstay is 500 bht/day

• Like 1

Overstay is 500 bht/day

better to not overstay, correct? Thx

Overstay is 500 bht/day

I did not say or imply that !

I merely provided the information

Overstay is 500 bht/day

I did not say or imply that !

I merely provided the information

99% know it's 500 baht a day,why mention it then.if no implication, I kinda of read it, I would save 400 baht, jus sayin ,not to be rude.

Get a double entry tourist visa before flying here. Good for 6 months with one border hop and two extensions in-country. (60+30+60+30)

Yeah, i did this last time I went to Thailand. It worked out fine, but I would like to be able to go in and out of the Thailand more than once every three month but still get my full six months. But i guess this is the best option for me until the new 6 month multiple entry will be available (if it will at all).

If you want to leave during the 60 day entry and/or the 30 day extension you can get a single re-entry permit (1000 baht) to keep your entry valid. It does not give any extra days. You will get the same permit to stay date you had when you left when you re-enter the country.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Can anyone help?

I have one entry left on my current tourist visa which allows me to stay for 60 days which I can extend for 30 days from immigration in Jomtien. My holiday is planned for 75 days which isn't a problem if I was staying in Thailand. After 2 weeks in Thailand I have booked a trip to Cambodia (travelling by air). Does this mean my visa tourist visa will now be void and I will only get 30 days on a landing card on my return from one week in Cambodia? If so, does this mean I have to apply for a multiple entry visa at £125 from the Embassy in London? This would appear to be crazy!!!! Ordinarily, under the old scheme, I would only need to apply for a new double entry visa at £50...is that now going to cost me £125 or are the single double and triple entries still available? The visa form still ask if 1,2 or 3 entries

PLEASE HELP!!!

Can anyone help?

I have one entry left on my current tourist visa which allows me to stay for 60 days which I can extend for 30 days from immigration in Jomtien. My holiday is planned for 75 days which isn't a problem if I was staying in Thailand. After 2 weeks in Thailand I have booked a trip to Cambodia (travelling by air). Does this mean my visa tourist visa will now be void and I will only get 30 days on a landing card on my return from one week in Cambodia? If so, does this mean I have to apply for a multiple entry visa at £125 from the Embassy in London? This would appear to be crazy!!!! Ordinarily, under the old scheme, I would only need to apply for a new double entry visa at £50...is that now going to cost me £125 or are the single double and triple entries still available? The visa form still ask if 1,2 or 3 entries

PLEASE HELP!!!

Buy a re-entry permit (1000 bht) from the immigration office.

When you return from Cambodia you will be "stamped" with the remainder of your original 60 days intact.

The 30 day extension can still be applied for.

I wonder why London are making a point of showing the NEW price if they aren't going to follow very soon?

http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/4

No sign anymore of double or triple's.

Visa Fees

Visa Type Fee (£)

1. Transit (3 months validity/Single Entry) 20

2. Tourist (3 months validity/Up to 60 days/Single) 25

3. Tourist (6 months validity/Up to 60 days/Multiple Entries) 125

4. Non-Immigrant (3 months validity/Single Entry/up to 90 days) 50

5. Non-Immigrant (1 year validity/ Multiple Entries) 125

6. Non-Immigrant (3 year validity/ Multiple Entries) 250

7. Non-Immigrant O-A (3 months validity/ Single Entry/Up to 1 year) 50

8. Non-Immigrant O-A (1 year validity/ Multiple Entries/Up to 1 year)

Visa fees are payable in pound sterling and in cash only.

http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/76

Edited by uptheos