Urgently Seeking Advice Regarding A Brother Printer.....

lostinisaan

Hello and Sawasdee khrap,

Goshhh. Got all machines running on W 10, MS office 2013 and other programs running. Everything works well with MS office 2013, except printing.

When I want to print out an office word, or other office file, it just starts hanging until the end of the world.

Either task manager and tilt it, or waiting for Godot...........

Dear knowledgeable folks out there, please share your experience with printers. It's a DCP J 125. Old but good.

I've just upgraded to Windows 10 and there're so many still unknown technical difficulties , that I better ask guys like you.

I've tried to update the driver, but it show that the newest is already installed. Should I delete the driver and play it on again, or what?

I really have no idea. Sounds like a joke after getting so many other things running well now. Thanks a lot in advance. wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

I had the exact same problem. I resolved it by going to the Brother web site and downloading two executables; dcp=j-inst-B1-usa.exe and delinf_10230.exe. Use the latter to uninstall your Brother driver and reinstall using the first one.

I had the exact same problem. I resolved it by going to the Brother web site and downloading two executables; dcp=j-inst-B1-usa.exe and delinf_10230.exe. Use the latter to uninstall your Brother driver and reinstall using the first one.

^^ LOL. You already said that once, so how did it work out? wai2.gif

Cheers.

I have to apologize. Was using the new Windows 10 browser, replied and didn't see my written post?

Thanks a lot to Utley for his great advice. I was using my Uninstaller to delete the whole Brother driver package/program, then tried to install the exe file, yesterday evening about five times.

It always stopped at the end and I gave it another try this morning. I was positively surprised that the set-up was fast and successful.

I've got no idea why the new browser didn't show my replies?

Thanks a lot, great to have the printer working. Cheers-wai2.gif

Edit: Utley no need I found it for mine

Utley do you have a link to the file downloads on Brother site? I have an HL-1430 that stopped working on one PC as described by the OP and am wondering if yours is also my solution.

Edited by mokwit

Edit: Utley no need I found it for mine

Utley do you have a link to the file downloads on Brother site? I have an HL-1430 that stopped working on one PC as described by the OP and am wondering if yours is also my solution.

The link he provided is for Brother J series printer. But if I were you, just uninstall your driver completely, look for the newest driver for your model and re install it.

That should do the fix. If it stopped on one PC,it can only be a driver issue. Please go to Brother's website to uninstall here:

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqlist.aspx?c=gb〈=en∏=hl1430_eu&ftype3=2035

New driver here: http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadtop.aspx?c=gb〈=en∏=hl1430_eu

Best of luck. Cheers. coffee1.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

had 2 brother printers in 3 years. piece of junk.

went with epson, what a difference

I've got my Brother J 125 now for four years and it still runs like a Swiss watch. Even copying loads of worksheets on it.

Never had a problem with it, what happened here was a driver issue through a system upgrade.