Bike transporters

recom273

There hasn't been a request for a reliable method to move bikes for some time.

Here's something that popped up on my Facebook feed last nights, the rest of the pics look good, he has an electric lift on the back, seems really organized. I wonder what the price is for the service ?

post-78877-14399459701252_thumb.jpg

Search "heng superbike" on Facebook if you need further info and numbers.

I also heard of a similar operation in the north.

Edited by recom273

Thailand Post also have this kind of service at quite reasonable prices. Check their website for more info.

They sure do lol

So do the National train service, very competitive price but Google experiences and you will find out the issues

Basically, they treat a bike like any other cardboard shipping containers, so if they get stacked on top of each other, or tied up with ropes etc that's your hard luck..... Unless as in one case I've read

.. Somebodys insurance paid out for a bent handle bar and new paint job etc

If these van delivery services prove to be affordable I think they will easily win out over the post or the trains because of cost alone

I have ridden 2nd hand bikes nearly

1k a day because I didn't want my newly purchased bike to get trashed in transit etc...

I knew this was going to pop up.

The train is OK for your 3rd hand CBR 250. A lot of stations don't have ramps so your bike is literally manhandled off the train.

How about a day down at Buriram ? No green book on your track day bike ? the post office or train won't touch your bike without a green book.

I saw an old KLR 650 at the post office the other day - but are you really going to send a 1200GS or a KTM adventure through the postal system ?

This service exists in Europe and the U.S. - this is a service for Thai people, it isn't aimed at westerners, probably not that cheap - I'm shocked sometimes of the number of Thais that will spend a lot of money on their hobby and why not ?

• 3 weeks later...