Dirty water

DinoSabanovic

Looks like a delicious cup of tea ;).

The only time I see what like that is when we had a water outage ( even if it is a few seconds or minutes ), the first two or three seconds is really dirty...just like in the picture you posted. After that it comes out clean...at least in appearance.

Many rain seasons ago we were forced in our relative small village in the North East to switch over from a defect in-house water filtering system to a relative more cheap delivery system of large bottles and crates of smaller bottles of water run by humans. No idea whether or not such a system is available in your city.

We get this from time to time when they are doing work on the lines. My wife's village near Khorat gets this when the reservoir gets low. Seems they are sucking up dirt from the bottom.

It may be the rainy season, but not much rain so far!

Looks like a delicious cup of tea wink.png.

The only time I see what like that is when we had a water outage ( even if it is a few seconds or minutes ), the first two or three seconds is really dirty...just like in the picture you posted. After that it comes out clean...at least in appearance.

"......at least in appearance". Good thing that we don't know what else is in it. Probably the same as is in "Fresh Market Vegetables". = Full of pesticides, herbicides and fungicides. Makes for a nice cup of tea, doesn't it ?

Cheers.

I live in Chokchai, south of Korat.

This happened her almost all day yesterday and it was the first time I have seen it.

I did notice that the large klong near by was very full ( almost over flowing) and running with very muddy water. ( yes, we have been getting a lot of rain here )

I thought maybe the muddy water from the klong was leaching into the system??

Have you checked out the levels in the big reservior just outside of Korat? Sirindhorn Dam. Its amazing you do not have some bits of reeds in that cup. Basically only has water down the city end of that huge dam. Most of the floor is covered in reeds now. thumbsup.gif

Reading some of the comments here has got me wondering....

Are there areas in Thailand where people drink or cook with city,or what I would call "tap water".?

I have never lived in a part of Thailand where it was considered a safe thing to do.

Reading some of the comments here has got me wondering....

Are there areas in Thailand where people drink or cook with city,or what I would call "tap water".?

I have never lived in a part of Thailand where it was considered a safe thing to do.

I've yet to meet a local that drinks tap water. They at least use charcoal filters before drinking. Not that does a lot of good.

I have some friends who live in the Sierra Nevada mountains in California, at 7,000 feet. They get their water right out of the mountain from snow melt. A few years ago, a bunch of them got sick as some sort of bacteria got into the water supply. Not sure how that happened as the water comes right out of the side of the mountain with no rivers or lakes above.

Goes to show, no matter how good your water supply, there is always a potential issue. And here in Thailand, it's pretty bad. Unfortunately.

Boiling your water will kill the bacteria, but does nothing for the chemicals. The short term effects of this are minimal, but the long term effects could be pretty bad.

This kalong is located about 100 meters from my home.

So, I just walked out and took this photo to show on this thread.

It is about 5 meters wide and 5 meters deep.

It has been bone dry for months,

but about a week ago it started running full, and it happened over night.

Could they be releasing water from one of the dams??

In the past it has always run with semi clear water when it flows, but you can see from the photo, it is very muddy now.

My "tap water" has been pretty murky for the past couple days and I wonder if this is seeping into the water system in town here.

We have seen some good rain over the last month, almost every day.

You can see from the clouds in the photo, we will probably get more this afternoon

.post-147745-0-02652100-1440148292_thumb.

Archived