Suvarnabhumi Airport

wanjini05

I thought the taxis couldn't pick up at the Terminal - only drop off. Didn't the newspaper report that there was some kind of shuttle bus to take arriving passengers from the terminal to a taxi queue some 8 K away. Has this changed? Can they pick up right outside the door now?

Taxis will indeed pick-up at arrivals ... but not many will be allowed to stand there .... (and the main taxi staging area is 2-3km's away by free shuttle. The same shuttle that takes passengers to the bus center) The whole loop is only 6km .... 3 out and 3 back

Edited by jdinasia

Taxis will indeed pick-up at arrivals ... but not many will be allowed to stand there .... (and the main taxi staging area is 2-3km's away by free shuttle. The same shuttle that takes passengers to the bus center) The whole loop is only 6km .... 3 out and 3 back

I don't understand this. So you mean you have two choices. Wait for a taxi at the Arrivals curb, or get on a bus that will take you to other taxis? Will there be a stationary taxi rank then at Arrivals too? Or are these drivers just circling waiting for a flag?

I wish to know about the taxi fare from the arrival hall level 2 of the airport to Pratunam wether they use flat rate or have to negotiate with the driver..thank you

So 100 bath + the meter roughly the total cost is how much or cheaper at the transport center.

It is not 100B + Metre.

I landed at the new airport on monday morning. I got a taxi from outside the arrivals hall. The airport surcharge is 50B (same as DM), then you pay Metre on top of that. I came to Asoke area, which is an additional 25B for the tollway.

So, base charge is 50 + metre, from outside arrivals.

BTW, the "airport limos" we've all heard about? their desks are right by where you get into the arrivals area from customs. Out of interest, I asked price - it took them *10 mins* to figure it out, I kid you not. And then they wanted 900B to Asoke.

Ha, I just laughed at them and got a cab.