Bangkok bombings now believed to be internal conflict rather than international terrorism

webfact

At some point the righteous one will have to address the world media. This will be unavoidable. At this time he will need to make sure the i's are dotted and the tee's crossed. Otherwise he will be in a bit of a pickle.

Doesn't sit right with me. He has tried so hard to promote tourism. To me, it looks like some one, or some group is trying to make him look bad.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Koh Tao murders are currently tying to be swept under the carpet, the Siam BTS and Samui bomb investigations went precisely no where. This case however is a whole other ball game. The death toll of so many natives and foreigners means Prayuth HAS to act. A man comes in, drops off a bomb that murders 20 people and maims another 150 and then just walks off into the night? No dice, the world is watching General, no beating around the bush on this one.

Round up a couple of poor sods wearing Man u shirts, the mainland equivalent of Burmese, plenty of "Thaksin did it... " innuendo, a bit of finger pointing, job done, we never hear form them again. Problem here is that even more than the Ko Tao murder the eyes of the world will be on the trial and they need something more substantial.

I really hope it doesn't go this way, but it wouldn't surprise me...

Our fearless leader brings to mind a lyric from someone called Bob Dylan:

"Idiot wind, blowing every time you move your mouth".

Why don't they simply pick up the phone and call one of 100 competent countries police forces to help.

Face trumps everything...

Even when face makes you look like a <deleted>.

The job was too sophisticated for Uighurs or disaffected southern insurgents to have carried out. Experts discount the suggestion there is an IS connection. If you listen closely to the Thai language interviews with senior officials, you can pick up that the government has a chief suspect although they might not have the evidence to name them just yet. The bomber could have been anyone hired for a price but my guess is the person ordering the job was almost certainly Thai.

Your expert opinion being based on what?

I have my suspicions that the guy didn't even know he was placing a bomb...

He may just be a drug addict told to drop off a bag, told that he's taking part in a narcotics transaction . Pay off his debts...earn a ticket back home etc.

Probably dead within the hour.

At some point the righteous one will have to address the world media. This will be unavoidable. At this time he will need to make sure the i's are dotted and the tee's crossed. Otherwise he will be in a bit of a pickle.

Doesn't sit right with me. He has tried so hard to promote tourism. To me, it looks like some one, or some group is trying to make him look bad.

"An attack on tourism"... what a crock of $hit. If they wanted to "attack" tourism they would attack a tourist hotspot. The Erawan shrine, as holy and as righteous as it may be, is certainly not high on the list of tourist attractions. It is simply more deflection, along with the economy line... my god, the economy is murdering itself, it needs no help.

First off no one has claimed responsibility so whoever did this obviously don't want to be found out... so it stands to reason if the culprits are Thai and do not want to be blamed they would more than likely hire a foreigner to do their dirty work!

Plus he specifically states "he was most worried about the bombing was that the bomb suspect might be silenced by his payer" again indicating the true culprits would go to great lengths to cover their true identity and since the bombers identity has been compromised they will more than likely get rid of him to cover their tracks.

Think before you speak next time!

Let's recap:

1) The main suspect is a foreigner

2) He had help, maybe Thais

3) It was well organized

Which leads us to conclude

4) The motivation is internal affairs

Well, I for one am totally convinced by this iron clad reasoning.

as I said on another thread, this attack was quite sophisticated and a team may have been hired to carry it out

I have my suspicions that the guy didn't even know he was placing a bomb...

He may just be a drug addict told to drop off a bag, told that he's taking part in a narcotics transaction . Pay off his debts...earn a ticket back home etc.

Probably dead within the hour.

yeh leave this bag at this location then get at least 300m away from it and dial this number on your phone, I don't think so

Every minute that passed, the perp has a greater chance of never being caught.

It has been three days now and the authorities are no closer to catching anyone than they were on Monday evening.

I am starting to think that the public will never know what happeded or who did it.

First off no one has claimed responsibility so whoever did this obviously don't want to be found out... so it stands to reason if the culprits are Thai and do not want to be blamed they would more than likely hire a foreigner to do their dirty work!

Plus he specifically states "he was most worried about the bombing was that the bomb suspect might be silenced by his payer" again indicating the true culprits would go to great lengths to cover their true identity and since the bombers identity has been compromised they will more than likely get rid of him to cover their tracks.

Think before you speak next time!

I am surprised ISIS did not claim it, they claim everything else just to make them look better in the eyes of the world.

The job was too sophisticated for Uighurs or disaffected southern insurgents to have carried out. Experts discount the suggestion there is an IS connection. If you listen closely to the Thai language interviews with senior officials, you can pick up that the government has a chief suspect although they might not have the evidence to name them just yet. The bomber could have been anyone hired for a price but my guess is the person ordering the job was almost certainly Thai.

Your expert opinion being based on what?

Not an expert opinion at all. Just listen to the Thai PBS news report when fearless leader is speaking (in Thai language of course) and you'll get a sense for it. Now red shirt leaders having said too much already are being forced to deny their involvement. Laughable!

"An attack on tourism"... what a crock of $hit. If they wanted to "attack" tourism they would attack a tourist hotspot. The Erawan shrine, as holy and as righteous as it may be, is certainly not high on the list of tourist attractions. It is simply more deflection, along with the economy line... my god, the economy is murdering itself, it needs no help.

Well, I was in May with my Wife in Bangkok, and we almost got off daily at chit lom bts to walk around central world, Big-C etc etc. Never knew there was a shrine there, but it could have easily affected us if the timing was right since we must have walked near there. I don't know any more than any one else, but to me at least, it really seams like some group, in the most cowardly and hurtful way, wanted to hurt the economy, whilst the group in power is trying to build the economy.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Thailand was having some serious security issues, especially in Bangkok, before the Junta took over, and when they did take over, things calmed down. Why would they want to all of a sudden change all this, for what? Like I said before, the only thing that doesn't make sense to me is how quick the site was re-opened again.

Edited by steve654

First blame it on someone else.

It can't be Thai bomber.

It's definitely foreigner within one or two hours.

Then they couldn't catch the bomber or they didn't have a clue about the bomber.

Now they're telling us it's internal conflict.

Hint: Thai man will be arrested soon to save face and to show.

Let me recap what is released to the public so far, I hope I can make it without violating any board rules this time.

Suspect search: Foreigner with shaggy hair and glasses, 1,80-1,85m.

The released CCTV footage suggests that the bomber is much smaller when comparing to other visitors and when passing the gate leaving the shrine. Days later, the taxi driver who picked up the bomber remembered that the man was less than 170cm.

Three more suspects have been identified: a white shirt man, a red shirt man, and a black shirt woman “shielding” the suspect. Again, the released CCTV suggests that the woman with black shirt is accompanied by 3 teenage girls. The group of 6 is leaving the shrine together. These suspects have been identified as tourists with their guide days later.

The National Police Chief Somyot Pumpanmuang suspect "an unnamed male foreigner," according to an arrest warrant issued Wednesday by a Thai court. However, he also states: "The criminal could be someone from inside the country but was disguised to make himself appear a foreigner."

Thai police have said a yellow-shirted suspect caught on CCTV footage planting Monday's bomb was heard speaking English and another non-Thai language and that his appearance suggested he might be from Europe or the Middle East “light-skinned Arab.” I remember another taxi driver stating he spoke Thai as well but can't find the source.

Police spokesman Prawuth Thawornsiri: “If the suspect disguised himself, wore a wig, put on fake nose and spoke Arabic, we wouldn’t know if he’s really a foreigner anyway.”

“I am confident that the perpetrator disguised his face with a wig before he committed the crime, to hide his identity, and I believe there is more than one perpetrator. Somyot said, adding, “Foreigners couldn’t commit this act alone. There has to be Thai people, who are not Thais at heart, lending assistance to the crime.”
"I am confident that there are Thais involved but I am not saying it is just Thais or that there are foreigners."

Meanwhile PM Prayuth suggests: “Police investigators, especially the national police chiefs, should watch the American crime series Blue Bloods for leads. They will get tips, ideas and insights into their case.” Furthermore, Prayuth said he feared the suspect "might be silenced by killing": "I would like to tell the bomber that if he wants to be safe, then he should turn himself in to officials and they will find a way to protect him."

On Wednesday night, police spokesman Prawut led dozens of officers on a confidence-boosting inspection of Bangkok's Soi Cowboy nightlife area, popular with foreign visitors. He told reporters there that he was "completely" confident that police can ensure security in Thai capital.

A BBC team found ball bearings and shrapnel embedded in the wall of the Krung Thai Bank on the other side of Ratchadamri Road, about 45 meters from where the bomb went off after the area has been reopened to the public. When trying to hand in the evidence to the Royal Thai Police Headquarters, officers at the entrance refused him entry, saying “the office is closed”. A day after, Police chief Somyot Pumpanmuang told reporters: “I am not sure if that reporter has adequate knowledge about explosives. Police have spent enough time collecting the evidence.” On Wednesday morning after the site was reopened to the public, human remains fell down from a tree.

First blame it on someone else.

It can't be Thai bomber.

It's definitely foreigner within one or two hours.

Then they couldn't catch the bomber or they didn't have a clue about the bomber.

Now they're telling us it's internal conflict.

Hint: Thai man will be arrested soon to save face and to show.

The wanted man is called Mohammed Museyin, at least 10 more thought to be involved. As I suspected Islam and almost certainly part of the international jihad pestilence that blights the whole world.

'One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter' - terrorists have an agenda or a cause and use terror as blackmail or leverage... what do they gain if they don't claim it?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Revenge for whatever reason can be its own reward. Enough for you?