Favourite Football Grounds Past And Present

stoneyboy

Reading the post from Santisuk earlier about West Ham leaving Upton Park next year it made me think has the charm and character gone from our beloved game with the advent of new stadia.

With the ever increasing sponsorship deals and football grounds being named after airlines and sports shops etc do you recall any great memories from grounds of yesteryear or even present ones.

They can be anywhere in the world that you may have visited.

I will start with London Road,Peterborough United's home ground,West Ham often played pre season friendlies here and I always enjoyed visiting this ground,some great memories with the lads.

post-118612-1440037308892_thumb.jpg

Edited by stoneyboy

Personally I used to love going to craven cottage 25 odd years ago when they were a lower league side. I was just a teenager but remember some fans used to run along the terrace in unison with the team attacking/defending haha.. Was nice to sit out in a beer garden on the river to. Good memories

Personally I used to love going to craven cottage 25 odd years ago when they were a lower league side. I was just a teenager but remember some fans used to run along the terrace in unison with the team attacking/defending haha.. Was nice to sit out in a beer garden on the river to. Good memories

As a West Ham fan I enjoyed many an away day there,as you say happy memories.

Craven Cottage is one of the best away fixtures there is. Great pubs on the Thames, nice stroll through Bishops Park and a small family club. Great day out.