Thai police identify 2 more Bangkok blast suspects

webfact

Thai police identify 2 more Bangkok blast suspects
By Coconuts Bangkok

suspect_2.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thai police spokesman Prawut Thawornsiri said Wednesday that investigators are now seeking two more Bangkok bombing suspects, in addition to the man in the yellow shirt seen on CCTV leaving a backpack at Erawan Shrine before the blast.

Prawut said investigators were now convinced two other men seen on the grainy video footage were accomplices.

At least 20 people were killed in Monday's blast in the heart of the Thai capital. The government says the unprecedented attack on the city was designed to wreck the country's economy, which depends heavily on tourism.

No one has claimed responsibility for the evening rush-hour bombing, in which 11 foreigners from several Asian countries died and more than 120 were wounded.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/08/20/thai-police-identify-2-more-bangkok-blast-suspects

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-08-20

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This was already obvious yesterday. They have been slow to announce this.

They do seem to be involved. The fact that these two have clearly not disguised themselves implies that yellow shirt is not in disguise either.

These two are almost definitely Asian. All three might pass for Indonesian. My theory is still on international jihadists.

When I watch the video, it seems equally plausible that they were waiting for the two women at the shrine, and are not involved in the bombing. Seems like they are chatting with the women rather than looking at the main suspect.

Very grainy, blurred pictures. Maybe they ought to be using the motorway cameras that catch speeding motorists in Bangkok? My last fine included a pic of my registration plate that was so clear, I could count the minor dents and dead flies on it. wink.png

Cooperation sought from public to hunt bomb suspect

12-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Royal Thai Police today reiterated its call for cooperation from the people to send photographic evidence of the wanted bomb suspect to the police if they happened to capture views of the area with the suspect appearing in their cameras or smartphones.

The call for public cooperation came as the police still have no clearer images of the wanted bomb suspect rather than from video footage of CCTV cameras.

The Royal Thai Police will stand by its Emergency 1599 to receive call from the people of the information, and allows access to its website to get the images of the suspect, either from smartphones or their car video cameras.

The police are also suspecting two more persons who appeared in the video footage along with the bomb suspect before the explosion.

One dressed in red T-shirt and another in white shirt.

Royal Thai Police spokesman Pol Lt Gen Prawut Thawornsiri said the man in white seemed to give seat to the bomb suspect when he came with the shoulder bag while the man in red also acted as if to provide cover for the bomb suspect to loose the bag from the shoulders.

Earlier the police have said the bomb attack was a well organised work with more than one, and aided by some Thais.

Moreover components used in the pipe bomb were locally available such as pellets, thus convincing the police to believe the bombing was cooperated locally.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/cooperation-sought-from-public-to-hunt-bomb-suspect-2

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-08-20

Great images........!

After the scam in 2011 when the BMA recieved a massive budget to install thousands of CCTV cameras throughout BKK...and instead installed fakes......then when discovered....installed real units....(probably with a further budget).....they obviously got cheap crap from Pantip, as these images show!

Again a disgrace!...........These images have been shown globally........:))

From the Concise Oxford Dictionary...

identify

· v. (identifies, identified)
1 establish the identity of.
2 recognize or select by analysis.
3 (identify someone/thing with) associate someone or something closely with.
(identify with) regard oneself as sharing the same characteristics or thinking as (someone else).

Things are getting more and more interesting. The plot thickens once again.

Thai Police: At Least 10 Involved In Bombing

sky_174244.gifSky News – 13 minutes ago

Thailand's police chief says at least 10 people were involved in the Bangkok bomb attack that killed 20 people.

He also said the attack had been planned at least one month in advance.

"It is a big network. There was preparation using many people," police chief Somyot Poompanmuang said.

"This includes those who looked out on the streets, prepared the bomb and those at the site and ... those who knew the escape route," he said.

"There must have been at least 10 people involved."

Police had already said they were looking for three suspects , including a young man in a yellow T-shirt seen on grainy video footage apparently planting the bomb.

That man could be foreign, according to authorities, who also released a sketch of the suspect.

Edited by Mackie

Thailand's police chief says at least 10 people were involved in the Bangkok bomb attack that killed 20 people.

"It is a big network. There was preparation using many people," police chief Somyot Poompanmuang said.

"This includes those who looked out on the streets, prepared the bomb and those at the site and ... those who knew the escape route," he said.

Police had already said they were looking for three suspects , including a young man in a yellow T-shirt seen on grainy video footage apparently planting the bomb.

That man could be foreign, according to authorities, who also released a sketch of the suspect.

The BIB are grasping at straws yet again.

Edited by Scott

This was already obvious yesterday. They have been slow to announce this.

They do seem to be involved. The fact that these two have clearly not disguised themselves implies that yellow shirt is not in disguise either.

These two are almost definitely Asian. All three might pass for Indonesian. My theory is still on international jihadists.

Your are Spot on +1 - They very much look like Indonesians or possible Malays. According to reports over a thousand Malays and Indonesian are fighting for ISIS in both Iraq and Syria. The government in those countries know who they are and they might not be able to return to both Malaysia and Indonesia. I am afraid that international terrorists have setup bases in Thailand already and their might be more to come as Thailand has such a large number of soft targets.

I think the BIB should look in the deep south on the plantations if those bombers are still in Thailand. Latest news reports say their are 10 people involved. I don't believe it as even the bomber took a motorbike taxi back to Silom Soi 9. My whole guess is that we are talking about an Asian Branch of ISIS or PMM and the Thais that support them might be a splinter group of the Southern insurgents.

Very grainy, blurred pictures. Maybe they ought to be using the motorway cameras that catch speeding motorists in Bangkok? My last fine included a pic of my registration plate that was so clear, I could count the minor dents and dead flies on it. wink.png

There's only like one fixed speed camera in all of Thailand and while it caught you, apart from one time back in 2011 I have never been caught again despite my regular speeding.

I find it hard to believe the camera that caught you was so accurate - I've been told if you drive too fast the camera has no way of catching you because the image will be blurred.

But yeah, maybe they should install some higher resolution cameras in tourist areas as these grainy images are about as useful as a 3.25 inch floppy disk is right now.

The girl with shortish hair in black looks pretty suspicious as well. She blocks the view next to the guy in white and leaves at the same time as yellow. She almost seems to hang around a second at the end to make sure he's finished and walking out

Edited by ha55ha

I hope these incompetent policeofficers realize that looking at a CCTV and see 2 Guys is not the same as identifying them ...

I hope some incompetent posters understand what "identify" means

i·den·ti·fy
īˈden(t)əˌfī/
verb
  1. 1.
    establish or indicate who or what (someone or something) is.
    "the judge ordered that the girl not be identified"
    synonyms: recognize, single out, pick out, spot, point out,pinpoint, put one's finger on, put a name to,name, know; More

The BIB are grasping at straws yet again.

I would say that he has recieved potential information and he is using it as if it is his own.

What has not been mentioned so far is the location of where he left the bag in relation to the location of the crater the bomb left in the ground. If they are one in the same place then the chances are that he is the bomber but if they're not in the same place then they must be barking up the wrong tree.

Since every announcement coming from Thailand contradicts the previous announcement, who knows what's really happening?

I guess my definition of "identified" is you know the name of the suspect already.

I wonder how we define splitting hairs to impress everyone with an astounding command of the English language to prove that an education is not indicative of intelligence.

Why stop at 10? Why not 100 - or a 1,000. That's the beauty of opinionizing on the basis of zip data - you cannot be called on it (yet)

There's only like one fixed speed camera in all of Thailand and while it caught you, apart from one time back in 2011 I have never been caught again despite my regular speeding.

I find it hard to believe the camera that caught you was so accurate - I've been told if you drive too fast the camera has no way of catching you because the image will be blurred.

But yeah, maybe they should install some higher resolution cameras in tourist areas as these grainy images are about as useful as a 3.25 inch floppy disk is right now.

.............."I've been told if you drive too fast the camera has no way of catching you because the image will be blurred.".................

I think a lot of Thais have been told the same urban myth, which explains their unnecessary hurry to get anywhere/everywhere. biggrin.png

I'd put my money on a terrorist network, but one that is not necessarily well established or an established one that is branching out and is 'testing the waters' so to speak. I think the fact that one wore a yellow shirt and another a red shirt would pretty much point to it not being Thai politics at play. They would have been around long enough to know the significance.

Thailand offers a multitude of soft-targets and it is a terrorists Mecca, with lots of targets, non-Muslim country with a large non-Muslim tourist population, a tourist destination which gets a lot of international coverage and a country which has been less than generous to some groups of Muslims, including the Uighurs and Rohyingas.

These groups don't need a lot of justification for what they do.

20 is a lot of people, but they may have a target of greater importance before going public.

The big problem for them, and the rest of us, is the military is government is quite capable of bringing the country to a near halt, if need be. So, I would wait to see what the suspects next move is.

Terrorists, don't just quit. They have to be stopped.

Edited by Credo

Great images........!

After the scam in 2011 when the BMA recieved a massive budget to install thousands of CCTV cameras throughout BKK...and instead installed fakes......then when discovered....installed real units....(probably with a further budget).....they obviously got cheap crap from Pantip, as these images show!

Again a disgrace!...........These images have been shown globally........smile.png)

So why would all that be surprising in Thailand. Always put yourself first before the Country!