Buying a new freezer.

rutteketuut

Hi guys,

In Makro I see there is a glass sliding top freezer on promotion discounted 2000 thb, from 10990 to 8990 thb. The brand is Natural. It is a 9.2 q. Are they any good? What about the energy consumption and warranty? Is it a Thai brand?

Makro don't say on their website and on Google I can't find it either.

Anybody can help me?

Thanks.

Confusing.

The headline of the Makro site says 9.2Q and the description shows 14.8Q (Thai version).

But quite sure it is a 9.2Q.

https://www.makroclick.com/th/product/product_detail/2850

The company seems to be "Cleo Natural Group" in Bangkok.

(I guess it is just a trading company importing from China)

Their website is creepingly slow:

http://www.cleonaturalgroup.com/website/product_detail.php?ref=6

Tried to download their "Product Catalog".

Failed.

Giving up.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Wifey's cousin works at Makro where there is a large display of Natural chest freezers. I asked her about returns or problems with them and she said they seemed to be reliable.

Another friend at Tesco says the Natural ac's are quite good value too.

I saw all the freezers at Makro and decided to go to Numchai and purchased a Panasonic for approximately the same amount as the no name at Makro.

Had it delivered for free and have the confidence that if anything should go wrong with it, Numchai will take care of it, something that I would never have with Makro

I saw all the freezers at Makro and decided to go to Numchai and purchased a Panasonic for approximately the same amount as the no name at Makro.

Had it delivered for free and have the confidence that if anything should go wrong with it, Numchai will take care of it, something that I would never have with Makro

Hi, Makro give free delivery too. I think if you make a claim while the appliance is under warranty, you'll be dealing with the manufacturer, not the retailer. Whenever I've purchased any appliance in Thailand, the assistant has given me the warranty card that I've had to mail off myself. If anything goes wrong, I contact the company, not the retailer. I agree with you though, if you can find a brand name appliance for the same price, that's a smart move!

Up to you but i would never buy a brand like that.

I bought a Samsung with extra warranty. When the icemachine stopped working (after 2 months) i tried to call the number on the sticker which didn't work anymore!thumbsup.gif

Then i found another number of Samsung helpdesk and they had nobody there who could speak proper english to have a conversation.

Then i let my thai friend call them and they told him we had to defrost the whole freezer first.

I fixed it myself though but won't buy a Samsung again. The waterline was jammed which goes into the icemachine.

Panasonic sounds good to me.

Hi, Makro give free delivery too. I think if you make a claim while the appliance is under warranty, you'll be dealing with the manufacturer, not the retailer. Whenever I've purchased any appliance in Thailand, the assistant has given me the warranty card that I've had to mail off myself. If anything goes wrong, I contact the company, not the retailer. I agree with you though, if you can find a brand name appliance for the same price, that's a smart move!

I am guessing that you have never had the pleasure of dealing with Numchai, they have their own service centres and will send people out to deal with problems.

I bought a Samsung with extra warranty. When the icemachine stopped working (after 2 months) i tried to call the number on the sticker which didn't work anymore!thumbsup.gif

Then i found another number of Samsung helpdesk and they had nobody there who could speak proper english to have a conversation.

Then i let my thai friend call them and they told him we had to defrost the whole freezer first.

I fixed it myself though but won't buy a Samsung again. The waterline was jammed which goes into the icemachine.

You would never buy a "brand like that" but the brand you did buy (big smart man that you are) crapped out on you....lmao. Sounds like the OP has as good a chance of being right as you, if not more so.

You would never buy a "brand like that" but the brand you did buy (big smart man that you are) crapped out on you....lmao. Sounds like the OP has as good a chance of being right as you, if not more so.

Yup Samsung gives very bad service, for that reason they lost me as customer. I only buy japanese brands from now on.

The Samsung is 5 years old now but still works perfect. It even has been in the flooding and underwater for the lowest part.

I m still happy with it though, icemaker and waterdispenser. Perfect to get a very cold glass of water without even opening the door for 30.000 , the best investment i ever made.