Private Tutor to teach my 3 year old son english

I've looked at the classifieds but can't see any tutors offering services. Is there a website I could go on? It would be in pathum thani about 20 mins from Don Muang airport, how much is a good hourly rate to pay? Where would I check on a teachers qualifications, i guess they would do it after hours so I could contact their existing employer?

Not trying to tell you your business mate, but could you not do it yourself. Your son will learn better from those closest to him.

+ 1. God, there's so much stuff online. Please check youtube "English learning cartoons", Google and you'll find plenty of stuff.

The best method is to show him cartoons in English on daily basis. You'll be surprised how much kids will pick up.

I do have a lot of educational cartoons, covering almost all. Page me if you want them, can burn a DVD and send it to you, or through a file sharing program.

I'm only in Thailand 6 month's a year, but I have made it my business to expose my son to ALL english cartoons I was able to download. Plus I taught him how to use the computer etc, which he was capable of within 2 days (at age 3). Mind you, I'm talking about clicking and pointing here.

End of the road: He' s 6 years old now, and although I (and my Cambodian wife) are the only " english" influences (we live in a very small town) he sometimes surprises me with the language he's picked up! (especially mr. Toad).

Recommended viewing: Young EINSTEIN, Winny the Pooh, Bob the Builder, and, above all: Thomas the train (in proper english, not this american goobledegook)

Furthermoe: don't mind the accent too much. He'll soon enough pick it up when he comes to Europe (at a young enough age!).

Hi thanks for the responses, I am away for 6 months of the year and when I get back he has lost a lot of his english vocabulary, I see him everyday when I skype but it is difficult keeping a child entertained on skype! I will try and ensure he watches English cartoons all the time thank for the recommendations.

Being exposed to English as much as possible does the trick I think. We’ve (legally) adopted the daughter of my wife’s sister and raised her,

she’s 8 now and is an adorable little girl.

Since my wife had no experience in raising kids and I have three grown-ups she accepted my ‘rule’ of no-thai-spoken-tv in our home.

The in-laws live across the street and there’s all the Thai tv you want. Furthermore we only have spoken/speak English to her.

I’m not a native English speaker but something is better than nothing. And we exposed her to English spoken cartoons (True satellite),

day after day,week after week she started to speak a little, understand a little and that went better and better.

We took her to a private school with a couple of teachers from the Philippines. As soon as she started to read we brought her

to the library where English children books are available.

And, I have setup a home server with cartoons & tv-shows, cancelled True, bought her an iPad so she could connect to the server and

watch her favourite (strictly English spoken) stuff. Installed AppleTV’s at home and one of them is in her bedroom, again with her own section

of movies/cartoons. Overkill? Maybe..

Fast forward to today; three weeks ago there was an English speaking contest in Mukdahan and of all private schools in the region she won, first prize.

She has to battle the best from the government schools next month and if she wins again she can enter the contest in Khon Kaen.

My wife teaches kids English on Saturdays & Sundays and our daughter helps her. Without bragging I can say that she can communicate (and read & write)

in English very, very well (and better than me!). In December we go for a short holiday to Europe and I'm 100% sure that she will have no problem communicating.

Looking back it’s all a matter of being exposed to a foreign language as much as possible. Private tutoring does not do the trick, school only isn’t the solution,

you have to create an all English environment. Speak to your kid in English, choose a school where they teach proper English and expose your kid to

English spoken cartoons/movies & books if possible.

Just my 2 satang...

Being exposed to English as much as possible does the trick I think. We’ve (legally) adopted the daughter of my wife’s sister and raised her,

she’s 8 now and is an adorable little girl.

Since my wife had no experience in raising kids and I have three grown-ups she accepted my ‘rule’ of no-thai-spoken-tv in our home.

The in-laws live across the street and there’s all the Thai tv you want. Furthermore we only have spoken/speak English to her.

I’m not a native English speaker but something is better than nothing. And we exposed her to English spoken cartoons (True satellite),

day after day,week after week she started to speak a little, understand a little and that went better and better.

We took her to a private school with a couple of teachers from the Philippines. As soon as she started to read we brought her

to the library where English children books are available.

And, I have setup a home server with cartoons & tv-shows, cancelled True, bought her an iPad so she could connect to the server and

watch her favourite (strictly English spoken) stuff. Installed AppleTV’s at home and one of them is in her bedroom, again with her own section

of movies/cartoons. Overkill? Maybe..

Fast forward to today; three weeks ago there was an English speaking contest in Mukdahan and of all private schools in the region she won, first prize.

She has to battle the best from the government schools next month and if she wins again she can enter the contest in Khon Kaen.

My wife teaches kids English on Saturdays & Sundays and our daughter helps her. Without bragging I can say that she can communicate (and read & write)

in English very, very well (and better than me!). In December we go for a short holiday to Europe and I'm 100% sure that she will have no problem communicating.

Looking back it’s all a matter of being exposed to a foreign language as much as possible. Private tutoring does not do the trick, school only isn’t the solution,

you have to create an all English environment. Speak to your kid in English, choose a school where they teach proper English and expose your kid to

English spoken cartoons/movies & books if possible.

Just my 2 satang...

I agree but you can't turn the clock back.

Both of my Thai granddaughters speak Thai and English at the same level. The 10 year old is equivalent to English native speaker for her age.

Neither have studied outside of Thailand:

- When the first was born (now 10) my Thai son asked me to never speak to his daughter in Thai, just carefully immerse her in English.

- She's lucky that her Thai father speaks perfect Thai and English and every day from berth she heard her father and me talking in perfect English, She also heard me talking every day to her Thai mother in English.

- Our plan also included that she hear her parents talking Thai all day.

- We tried hard to discipline ourselves to never speak broken English of Tinglish to her.

- I worked hard to push her a lot to pronounce words correctly and to not let her drop sounds from the ends of words, we invented games to do this so that it wasn't boring for a kid.

- She also been to Singapore for many one week trips and we've pushed her carefully to communicate with S'pore hotel staff, taxi drivers etc etc., in English.

Additionally she's been lucky to have well qualified caring native speaker English teachers to teach correct grammar and construction, using excellent course books. Same to learn writing.

It all helps, but the immersion is definitely the key factor.