Leaked Bangkok police report tracks lead suspect before, after bombing

webfact

Leaked Police Report Tracks Lead Suspect Before, After Bombing
By Khaosod English

14400714621440071544l.jpg
An image from the police report compiled yesterday to track the suspect's movements before and after Monday's attack, which was obtained today by Khaosod English.

BANGKOK — A police report compiling information about the suspected Bangkok bomber’s movements has been obtained by Khaosod English.

The document was compiled by a police investigation team for an internal briefing among police officers during a meeting yesterday.

In images taken from security cameras at locations throughout Bangkok, the so-called “yellow shirt man” is tracked for 21 minutes before and after the deadly blast which killed at 20 people and wounded more than 150, beginning from 6:37 pm until he is last shown three minutes after the blast at 6:58 pm.

The 32-page report consists mostly of images indexed by time and location to create a trail of the prime suspect’s movement since the moment he arrived near the crime scene on a tuk-tuk to the last known image of him leaving the area on a motorcycle taxi.

Bangkok Shrine Bombing: Those Who Died

The CCTV footage contains what appears to be a crucial moment in the bombing. At 18.51 the yellow shirt man is seen entering the shrine. He then proceeds to the bench, sits down, and puts down his backpack. While the yellow shirt man does this, three persons – a white shirt man, a red shirt man, and a black shirt woman – stand close together as though they are shielding the yellow shirt man from suspicious eyes.

Following rumors police had further suspects, those three were identified today as possible accomplices.

After the bag was laid down, the suspected 'screeners' quickly left the scene. The yellow shirt man picks up a phone, takes a photo, and – still looking down on his phone – walks away from the shrine.

Here are the significant pages from the report: [read more...]

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1440071462&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-08-21

Good work .. Seems the RTP are gathering as much evidence as possible ... I believe they will get their culprit soon.

took them more than 3 days to do that.............clap2.gifclap2.gif

you think they are going to tell TV members all they know ?? I don't think so ....

MaxLee post # 4

took them more than 3 days to do that.............clap2.gif clap2.gif

3 days, yes.

A fine effort to actually put together a sequence of events concerning those who were possibly involved, hopefully someone somewhere will have a memory jog about who or what they saw or heard.

Called ''investigation.''

Having been involved in such matters for many a year it often produces results, painstaking it may be but often it is rewarding.

Edited by arfurcrown

There is nothing in this that could be considered of value in respect of 'holding back' information, so there was no need for it to be "leaked" , a version of it could have been released in order to try to stimulate those in these areas to come forward with any information.

Good work .. Seems the RTP are gathering as much evidence as possible ... I believe they will get their culprit soon.

took them more than 3 days to do that.............clap2.gifclap2.gif

you think they are going to tell TV members all they know ?? I don't think so ....

Quite right. The RTP usually tells the press a lot more than they actually know.

There is nothing in this that could be considered of value in respect of 'holding back' information, so there was no need for it to be "leaked" , a version of it could have been released in order to try to stimulate those in these areas to come forward with any information.

sen·sa·tion·al·ism
senˈsāSHənlˌizəm/
noun
noun: sensationalism
(especially in journalism) the use of exciting or shocking stories or language at the expense of accuracy, in order to provoke public interest or excitement.

I believe these guys can be efficient, when they want to, and also if they don't get too close stepping on the toes of anyone very big, when they near their target.

I don't know if the investigation is going well or not well - 3 days good or bad..... really it is hard to tell from the outside.

Where they do fail horribly is all the different scenarios that they are putting Reds did it; southern connection ruled out; foreigner involved; not foreign plot.....

When an investigation is ongoing - the police should say nothing, rule out nothing, just indicate that they are or are not making progress and absolutely NO SPECULATION based on one's own bias or what the politicians want you to say for politics sake..... Doing so taints the investigation, corrupts the process and makes any eventual arrest suspect because they have so tainted the process as to their own motives.

Another thing that is irritating is the reluctance to ask outsiders for any help. I can tell you even the US asks for outside help when they don't have the intelligence related to foreigners that may have committed an act. Reluctance to do so only makes those leaders seem weak.

But still no clear facial image. Unbelievable ! So what is the purpose of Bangkoks' CCTV ?

they are just to catch a figure or shadow ... like if an elephant walks past they can eliminate it as being a thai man or woman ..... facepalm.gif

Edited by steven100

Now that they have a route they should be launching a mass appeal for anyone along that route during that time who may have taken photos or video or any vehicals who were along that route with a dash cam to come forward and subit the pics or video. They just may get lucky and get a better pic of his face.

I don't know if the investigation is going well or not well - 3 days good or bad..... really it is hard to tell from the outside.

Where they do fail horribly is all the different scenarios that they are putting Reds did it; southern connection ruled out; foreigner involved; not foreign plot.....

When an investigation is ongoing - the police should say nothing, rule out nothing, just indicate that they are or are not making progress and absolutely NO SPECULATION based on one's own bias or what the politicians want you to say for politics sake..... Doing so taints the investigation, corrupts the process and makes any eventual arrest suspect because they have so tainted the process as to their own motives.

Another thing that is irritating is the reluctance to ask outsiders for any help. I can tell you even the US asks for outside help when they don't have the intelligence related to foreigners that may have committed an act. Reluctance to do so only makes those leaders seem weak.

Could it possibly be that they do not wish to seek outside help or accept help offered because it would reveal how incompetent they are.

Actually in respect of the last statement Australia and I suspect a lot of Nations have quite a large Police presence here. They always work in the background but provide international liaison and intelligence assistance as happens in all our home nations.

Now that they have a route they should be launching a mass appeal for anyone along that route during that time who may have taken photos or video or any vehicals who were along that route with a dash cam to come forward and subit the pics or video. They just may get lucky and get a better pic of his face.

I would say they are already looking at cameras along that route ..... whistling.gif

Someone mentioned 'it took them 3 days' to peace the video together.

But did you know that the 9/11 commission took off after a year and by then all the evidence was destroyed and sold for scrap.

Now we are talking about the most famous buro's in the world, for the sake of it!

So fairly quick peaecing together i think!

Actually in respect of the last statement Australia and I suspect a lot of Nations have quite a large Police presence here. They always work in the background but provide international liaison and intelligence assistance as happens in all our home nations.

My statement is directly related to the reluctance that they only reluctantly passed on the photo and the operational details of the attack to Interpol for information they might have about "the foreigner" involved. The fact that they rebuffed the UKs offer with a slap-down. There is a difference between saying... This is a Thai investigation but we are open to help from outside sources if they know anything about people involved etc. .... and "we don't need no outside help". One comes from strength in using all resources available but letting everyone know who is in charge, the other is a demonstration of weakness lest someone think they are not up to the task.

Just a thought but in the ' logic ' that the BIB employ is this what's known in some quarters as a ' controlled leak ' where information which should be classified gets into the public domain to suit a purpose. So without giving the report out directly it's leaked to make them look good by all the effort that's gone into compilation of the document..

Of course it could just be a good old fashioned leak possibly for a ' consideration '.

Just how many officers would have had access to this report and my betting is they would have senior rank ?

Edited by NongKhaiKid

I would say they are already looking at cameras along that route ..... whistling.gif

Yes, that is obvious from the op, try reading my post again

I truly hope they catch all involved ASAP too, but the BIB are useless and I would be surprised if they catch this guy. Look how much CCTV they had from the last 2 bombers that set off explosives near BTS and Siam.

It has been months now and not a word from the BIB. They just wait till people forget then move on with collecting their tea money.

Edited by ALLSEEINGEYE

Somyot and his boys don't have a clue. Backpack man has already slipped across the border. This investigation, like hundreds of others led by Somyot, is going nowhere. Now, they're hunting for black shirt woman. They have admitted that their theory about redshirt and whiteshirt man was a dead-end. "They were shielding backpack man." What nonsense!

The investigation has already been marred by a number of contradictory statements, such as Somyot's latest: "Police chief Somyot Pumpanmuang said no direct connection had been established between Monday's deadly blast and a small explosive thrown from a bridge toward a river pier in Bangkok on Tuesday." I thought they said the bombs had the same construction? Foreigner did this, Thais involved, at least 10 people in the network. Stop feeding garbage to the media. Admit, you don't have a clue, don't know how to conduct a proper investigation, and any investigation you do conduct will be tainted and faulty due to incompetence, laziness, corruption and payment of bribes.

I would love to see RTP catch anyone involved in this attack, for everyone's safety, but it's not going to happen. Somyot will soon quietly retire, and no one is going to want to pick up this mess, or any of his messes, that he left behind.