Door speakers for vehicle

GavinK

I need to replace the 6" door speakers to 4 x 50W units. Mainly for listening to sound streamed from iphone/internet radio. I had a listen at a car audio shop but didn't recognise any of the brands and really couldn't tell much difference between them - I'm not an audiophile ! Could anyone recommend a decent brand available here, or any to avoid. The guy in the shop mentioned a Thai brand as being a decent one, but I don't recall the name.

Thanks.

Headunit specs says "Built-in Amplifier MOSFET 50W x 4" so I was assuming I needed 4 x 50W speakers vs the 4x15W OEM that are in there now.

I was looking for component speakers since the markings on the front door panels indicated there were tweeters in there. When I took the panels off I discovered there were no tweeters in place, although the wiring for them was there (terminating in a plug).

But it seems coaxials may be good enough.

Try a few local shops and see what they have to offer, and the price.

The size of the existing hole should be your dictating factor

I doubt that actual sound will be that different

If the amp say 4 x 50

then you need speakers capable of handling 50W, or more

certainly NOT less

• 3 weeks later...

I've just done the same with my car, and demoed speakers from 10,000-38,000 baht from Focal, Morel, Pioneer, Eton, JL audio. I didn't expect it, but JL Audio were clearly the best in their price categories (I listened to some at 10,000, 18,000 and 38,000). I bought the middle pair and I'm very happy.