Fear of Accidents Number One Stress for Thai Drivers, New Study Finds

FarangMoto

Driving_Stress_infographic.jpg

• Accidents, congested traffic and fuel prices are the top three causes of stress for Thai drivers

BANGKOK, Thailand, 21 August 2015 - Whether it’s traffic congestion, rising fuel prices or the nightmare of looking for a parking spot, there are a lot of things that can stress out Thai drivers.

A new survey commissioned by Ford Motor Company polled drivers in Thailand and asked them about some common causes of stress on the roads. Fear of getting into an accident came out on top with 69 percent of Thai drivers admitting the idea caused them stress and anxiety. Traffic congestion was the second most common cause of stress on Thai roads, followed by fuel prices, the hassle of finding a parking spot and then driving in the rain.

Here’s how those numbers break down:

• Accidents (69 percent)
  • Congested traffic (64 percent)
  • Fuel prices (59 percent)
  • Looking for parking (54 percent)
  • Rain (51 percent)

Ford’s survey also found that 21 percent of Thai drivers find parallel parking stressful once they (eventually) find a free parking place. Flooded roads were a headache for 42 percent of Thai drivers, while driving at night caused worry for 46 percent of those asked.

http://www.farangmoto.com/thailand/index.php/84-ford/363-thai-drivers-fear

I don't even know where to start with this...

And why the fear? They have the same 'driver training' - none, as everyone around them. I can surmise each driver is equally bad and they are jut as likely to cause an accident as to have someone run into them.

Takes a lot of time, police to arrive, insurance people to show up usually hours.

In most countries if there are no injuries, take photos of the scene, move disabled vehicles out of traffic lane.

Some one needs to investigate the insurance companies, they don't want to pay no matter who is at fault, payments are delayed for a long time. Who controls the Insurance Companies here in Thailand?

Minor accidents, never reported due to the problems with the police and insurance companies.

Get and install a car camera, Right or Wrong it will usually show who is fault.

We all have the greatest witness available our phone cameras and in vehicle recorders, install them use them.

Know how to use them.

Saved my A*% several times especially in Scam Accidents with motor cycles.

Takes a lot of time, police to arrive, insurance people to show up usually hours.

In most countries if there are no injuries, take photos of the scene, move disabled vehicles out of traffic lane.

Some one needs to investigate the insurance companies, they don't want to pay no matter who is at fault, payments are delayed for a long time. Who controls the Insurance Companies here in Thailand?

Minor accidents, never reported due to the problems with the police and insurance companies.

Get and install a car camera, Right or Wrong it will usually show who is fault.

We all have the greatest witness available our phone cameras and in vehicle recorders, install them use them.

Know how to use them.

Saved my A*% several times especially in Scam Accidents with motor cycles.

Interesting comments, more cameras in my car than Hollywood, but what use were they the other day when wife parked car legitimately outside a shop and went in to buy something, some rat bag ran their car down the outside of my wife's and did the decent thing by running off, ignition off, cameras off. Lost the car for nine days while the car was being repaired [insurance job], just got it back, perfect job if you exclude the fact that the mirror mounted camera no longer works and the two front running lights appeared to be missing, upon a search I found they removed them and tucked them up behind the radiator. Hang on a minute while I check to see if the spare is still in the boot, yes it is indeed there and while I was at it I took the opportunity of counting the wheels. I have taken the camera in to many places here in Chiang Mai to see if anyone can repair it but it appears no one knows anything about them other than how to sell you a new one. Does anyone have any recommendations? Amorn was one of those that could do nothing.