Mini-Ice Age Coming?

movieplay

as far as up2u2 nitpicking of the GreatGloabal Warming swindle movie, i encourage anyone to watch it and to read the wiki page that covers its errors, like the irrelevant error that volcanoes create more co2 than humans.. but the fundamentals of the argument against co2 being the main cause of global warming are strong especially that the greenhouse gasses are a basket of gasses, h20(water) is 95% of them, co2 is >1%, cows produce more greenhouse gasses than all the cars and factories because methane is a more powerful greenhouse gas than the minor greenhouse gas co2 (actually i got that from another source).

and remember that co2 is NOT that black stuff coming out of a big smoke stack, it's not 'smog', it is a colorless, odorless gas that is necessary for life on earth.

lol nitpicking The Great Global Warming Swindle was an absolute fraud from start to finish. Peter Sinclair just nailed it.

"cows produce more greenhouse gasses than all the cars and factories because methane is a more powerful greenhouse gas than the minor greenhouse gas co2 (actually i got that from another source)." and what 'source' did you get this from? My BS meter is redlining lol

Yep CO2 is colourless and odourless. So?

Edited by up2u2

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also wanna remind everyone that on most issues i tend to be on the left, including the environment, i don't want smog and i want clean water, i want bigger nature and protected area's and I don't want to see deforestation; i don't want lower taxes if it means i have to live in a polluted environment.. BUT the ends don't justify the means.. these global warming climate change industry tools are FRAUDS, skepticalscience is a FRAUD and that's why they won't let me post on their blog. DONT paypal them.

Well on this issue you seem to be well and truly aligned with the lunatic far right and the fossil fuel funded Climate Denial echo chamber. SS deleted your posts because you were flogging ancient Climate Denial rhetoric without any peer reviewed scientific evidence to support your view and you got shown the door. Trust me if you post a dissenting view that is supported by peer reviewed scientific research your post will stand and be discussed.

Look at this post other some vague references to some snow you have presented absolutely no scientific evidence that the Earth is cooling or that shows an Ice Age. Zero.

Sorry but I'm marking you a D- on this post. Just no scientific research that underpins your position. Harsh but fair I think.

as far as the cows, the point is we have all heard in the media and from environmentalist who have the video on you tube where i got that from, that vegitarianism is good because cows create so much greenhousegasses..

So no peer reviewed scientific evidence to underpin your statement?

I think the D- is generous.

as far as the cows, the point is we have all heard in the media and from environmentalist who have the video on you tube where i got that from, that vegitarianism is good because cows create so much greenhousegasses..

so vegetarians don't emit greenhouse gasses?

I think your way to obsessed with 'peer reviewed' research, considering as a layman of the arts&crafts industry your not qualified to analyses the data... My suspicion is that you don't understand the data so you run to the video game maker so that he can tell you that he understands so therefore you understand.. he then reassures you that the temperature will still continue to rise at the current rate of less than 1' since the 1800s while breaking into a sweat, rambling on how it's just pause, 'pollution' is make it colder.."

my biggest fear right is that the temperature will not only pause, BUT actually go down as canuckamuks chart seems to show, then the whole lot of computerized-psuedo-science-religionists will go coolaid and be found dead lying in the grass somewhere, hundreds of them led by sinclair and the videogame programmer.. then when they check ipads their gonna see this thread and i'm gonna get accused of cyber-bullying like that college room-mate who made fun of his gay roomate and the game roomate offed himself.

the media will probably just ignor the fact that they were in a psudo-science cult and went psycho, they'll blame me for making fun of them and pushing them over the edge, i'll probably get tried in that same court

Edited by movieplay

I think it is becoming clear that movieplay isn't a "denier" he's simply a "gainsayer"

Up2U2- I like your clear and concise arguments and I've picked up a lot of useful tips from your posts....it's great to watch MP wallow in a vat of his own ignorance, but one thing that is a sure as climate change is that even if he is standing tippy-toe on the last remaining iceberg, Movieplay will still be arguing that it is the beginning of an ice-age and global warming is a scam.

i'm tempted to suggest you give up - after all as the saying goes “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”, but I confess that i really do enjoy reading the b-slapping MP is getting..........

Yes Methane and also exhale CO2.

So?

Also as predicted, up2u2 the arts and crafts professional has called the Scientists at Berne University 'Frauds'

What does that tell you? this group apparently from ss calls out anyone who doesn't buy into their psuedo-science frauds. The definition of extremist.

http://business.fina...oling-consensus
Lawrence Solomon: A global cooling consensus

Scientists at the Climate and Environmental Physics and Oeschger Centre for Climate Change Research at the University of Berne in Switzerland back up theories that support the Sun’s importance in determining the climate on Earth. In a paper published this month by the American Meteorological Society, the authors demolish the claims by IPCC scientists that the Sun couldn’t be responsible for major shifts in climate. In a post on her website this month, Judith Curry, Chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology, all-but mocked the IPCC assertions that solar variations don’t matter. Among the many studies and authorities she cited: the National Research Council’s recent report, “The Effects of Solar Variability on Earth’s Climate,” and NASA, former home of global warming guru James Hansen.

I think your way to obsessed with 'peer reviewed' research, considering as a layman of the arts&crafts industry your not qualified to analyses the data... My suspicion is that you don't understand the data so you run to the video game maker so that he can tell you that he understands so therefore you understand.. he then reassures you that the temperature will still continue to rise at the current rate of less than 1' since the 1800s while breaking into a sweat, rambling on how it's just pause, 'pollution' is make it colder.."

my biggest fear right is that the temperature will not only pause, BUT actually go down as canuckamuks chart seems to show, then the whole lot of computerized-psuedo-science-religionists will go coolaid and be found dead lying in the grass somewhere, hundreds of them led by sinclair and the videogame programmer.. then when they check ipads their gonna see this thread and i'm gonna get accused of cyber-bullying like that college room-mate who made fun of his gay roomate and the game roomate offed himself.

the media will probably just ignor the fact that they were in a psudo-science cult and went psycho, they'll blame me for making fun of them and pushing them over the edge, i'll probably get tried in that same court

I rely TOTALLY on peer reviewed scientific research, evidence and data to form my view on GW / CC. I have dabbled in arts and craft it isn't my area of expertise or educational qualifications. I can weave a cane basket though. Learnt it when I was 7. There was the great 'Cane Caper' fracas but no need to go into that now. I understand the data perfectly. I recommend Peter Sinclair for people who don't want to get too bogged down in complex science and prefer a presentation that uses peer reviewed science to quickly isolate the fraud of Climate Deniers.

There has been no pause in GW. That is simply not true. Your fear is unfounded.

I think the scientific community can sleep soundly I doubt they would even engage you in debate.

Canuks graph is a squiggle nothing to do with science. No data or methodology was used. Finger painting. If you think that is science I cannot see you making much headway on the issue of GW / CC.

Also as predicted, up2u2 the arts and crafts professional has called the Scientists at Berne University 'Frauds'

What does that tell you? this group apparently from ss calls out anyone who doesn't buy into their psuedo-science frauds. The definition of extremist.

http://business.fina...oling-consensus

Lawrence Solomon: A global cooling consensus

Scientists at the Climate and Environmental Physics and Oeschger Centre for Climate Change Research at the University of Berne in Switzerland back up theories that support the Sun’s importance in determining the climate on Earth. In a paper published this month by the American Meteorological Society, the authors demolish the claims by IPCC scientists that the Sun couldn’t be responsible for major shifts in climate. In a post on her website this month, Judith Curry, Chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology, all-but mocked the IPCC assertions that solar variations don’t matter. Among the many studies and authorities she cited: the National Research Council’s recent report, “The Effects of Solar Variability on Earth’s Climate,” and NASA, former home of global warming guru James Hansen.

I didn't call out Solomon the science did. He was clearly wrong. The actual peer reviewed science demonstrated it.

Yes Methane and also exhale CO2.

So?

so less cows, (vegetarians) = more human vegetarians - so maybe the emissions will equal out? (attempt at humour!) - something to ruminate upon?

Solar Activity Influences Climate Change:

"Changes in the sun’s energy output may have led to marked natural climate change in Europe over the last 1000 years, according to researchers at Cardiff University."

"The results of these analyses revealed large and abrupt temperature and salinity changes in the north-flowing warm current on time-scales of several decades to centuries. Cold ocean conditions were found to match periods of low solar energy output, corresponding to intervals of low sunspot activity observed on the surface of the sun. Using a physics-based climate model, the authors were able to test the response of the ocean to changes in the solar output and found similar results to the data." - See more at: http://www.astrobio.net/topic/solar-system/earth/spaceship-earth/solar-activity-influences-climate-change/#sthash.Y2AmhCYh.dpuf

I await Upu2's next chart. Please can you find a new one. you have posted some of those so often they should be your avatar.

And I do apologize for not being more involved. Can't be helped. Busy times. Maybe next week.

Solar Activity Influences Climate Change:

"Changes in the sun’s energy output may have led to marked natural climate change in Europe over the last 1000 years, according to researchers at Cardiff University."

"The results of these analyses revealed large and abrupt temperature and salinity changes in the north-flowing warm current on time-scales of several decades to centuries. Cold ocean conditions were found to match periods of low solar energy output, corresponding to intervals of low sunspot activity observed on the surface of the sun. Using a physics-based climate model, the authors were able to test the response of the ocean to changes in the solar output and found similar results to the data." - See more at: http://www.astrobio.net/topic/solar-system/earth/spaceship-earth/solar-activity-influences-climate-change/#sthash.Y2AmhCYh.dpuf

I await Upu2's next chart. Please can you find a new one. you have posted some of those so often they should be your avatar.

And I do apologize for not being more involved. Can't be helped. Busy times. Maybe next week.

"Predictions suggest a prolonged period of low sun activity over the next few decades, but any associated natural temperature changes will be much smaller than those created by human carbon dioxide emissions, say researchers."

post-166188-0-97593400-1441535398_thumb.

Move on nothing to see here. Next

You keep serving em up and I'll keep knocking em out of the park

Edited by up2u2

You're a legend in your own mind.

So you accede that solar activity has an effect on temperature and influences climate change? Because that is what the science part of the article was articulating..

It has a very slight effect as the researchers told you in the article and as Feulner and Ramhstorf 2010 outlines and how Solar activity has decreased and temperatures have increased over the past 6 years. Would not influence Climate Change it isn't enough forcing to have an effect. Once Solar radiation enters the lower troposphere Greenhouse gases take over and are the powerful driving forcings that dictate GW / CC not Solar Radiation.

So you accede that solar activity has an effect on temperature and influences climate change? Because that is what the science part of the article was articulating..

It has a very slight effect as the researchers told you in the article and as Feulner and Ramhstorf 2010 outlines and how Solar activity has decreased and temperatures have increased over the past 6 years. Would not influence Climate Change it isn't enough forcing to have an effect. Once Solar radiation enters the lower troposphere Greenhouse gases take over and are the powerful driving forcings that dictate GW / CC not Solar Radiation.

So your answer is yes?

So your answer is yes?

My answer to what is 'yes'?

That solar activity influences temperature and has an effect on climate change.

Short answer, NO!

Long answer, NO!

There is absolutely no scientific evidence that low Solar Activity would have any significant effect on Global Warming let alone influence Climate Change in any significant way. Even the researchers in the article you posted made that quite clear:

"Predictions suggest a prolonged period of low sun activity over the next few decades, but any associated natural temperature changes will be much smaller than those created by human carbon dioxide emissions, say researchers."

Did you actually read the article?

Well you can't very well agree with the opinion portion of that article and at the same time disagree with the scientific portion of it

They made a study and found a clear link between historical climate changes and solar activity. This is a published scientific study.

Short answer, NO!

Long answer, NO!

There is absolutely no scientific evidence that low Solar Activity would have any significant effect on Global Warming let alone influence Climate Change in any significant way. Even the researchers in the article you posted made that quite clear:

so if we turned off the sun nothing would happen ehlaugh.png

Just read an old newspaper report of the Maldive islands going underwater..............dated.............1869!!! Hey theyr'e still there

Well you can't very well agree with the opinion portion of that article and at the same time disagree with the scientific portion of it

They made a study and found a clear link between historical climate changes and solar activity. This is a published scientific study.

This reminds me of the time I tried to teach my pet budgies Lowry and Bronsted Latin. Very frustrating for me and them they just couldn't get their little beaks around it.

Small regional climate NOT Global climate. Same as Maunder Minimum only effected a small region of Europe and North America.

Short answer, NO!

Long answer, NO!

so if we turned off the sun nothing would happen ehlaugh.png

Just read an old newspaper report of the Maldive islands going underwater..............dated.............1869!!! Hey theyr'e still there

If the Sun switched off in 8.4 minutes we would all be dead. A low Solar minimum similar to the Muander Minimum would be the same as reducing an oven temperature by 0.02OC your cake would be just fine.

This reminds me of the time I tried to teach my pet budgies Lowry and Bronsted Latin. Very frustrating for me and them they just couldn't get their little beaks around it.

Small regional climate NOT Global climate. Same as Maunder Minimum only effected a small region of Europe and North America.

Well, now we have introduced the word global into the argument because you needed a little straw man to cover your retreat. And a little bit of calling me a bird brain just to make yourself feel a bit better. You Ok now?

I asked you a clear and easily understood question and you answered it in a way that explains you are not here to tell the truth.

Let me ask you this. Do you believe then that changes in solar activity only creates climate change in the Atlantic?

Reduce the population, reduce man's impact- seems simple to me.

Are you offering? Do you have a short list of family members you would like 'reduced' to lessen the impact on the global environment?

Are you saying that I should kill my family?

I haven't had any children and my sister hasn't had any children. My wife hasn't any children. I think I and my family are doing our bit to reduce the population.

Cultures that believe it is OK to have 7 or more children per woman need to be educated that it's not a good thing to do anymore.

"

the report in no wat refutes any of the science that supports climate change.

"The study concludes that although the temperature changes expected from future solar activity are much smaller than the warming from human carbon dioxide emissions, regional climate variability associated with the effects of solar output on the ocean and atmosphere should be taken into account when making future climate projections. - See more at: http://www.astrobio.net/topic/solar-system/earth/spaceship-earth/solar-activity-influences-climate-change/#sthash.Y2AmhCYh.0OQCrP6c.dpuf"

why is MP using this - it argues AGAINST his position....quite the opposite of what he was arguing earlier.......something about a mini ice-age?

Edited by cumgranosalum