Best way to learn Thai locked in my house for 1 year?

Grawburg

Hey everyone. I will be taking a job in a corner of the world where I will not be able to leave my office compound due to safety issues - for 1 year. Since I'll need a hobby, I want to get my Thai up to the next level.

Right now with my Thai skills, I can get around town, order food, give basic directions, a read a street sign or two, but I want to improve.

I will have an internet conenction so any talking with people in Thai will have to be done via skype or the like.

I've tried Rosetta Stone, but I don't like the format. Any suggestions on what method/company I could use for the year?

I got most of my Thai talking to bar girls would you believe, those days I had the stemma and vigour

to go all night and still learn pigeon Thai, today, all I have left with is the Thai, which by now,

it has improved quite good....

Thanks folks...long-haired dictionary is not an option. Not sure that would go over too well with the wife and kids.rolleyes.gif

Looking into glossika. Skype is possible depending on internet speed. Only a 4 hour time difference b/w work and LOS so if the speed works that could be an option.

Luckily, I'm back to BKK in 2 weeks for 15 days of Thai practice and Thai food!!! biggrin.png

eeya - good chuwit avatar!

Edited by Grawburg