Visa run by air to kl what to do in kl

I'm out of options tomorrow u fly kl and back next day to get a visa exemption which I will extend for further 30 days. So I have from noon tomorrow until noon the next day. What c an I do and see in this time on small budget. Where should I stay. Ideas. Thankd

I suggest the Petronas Twin Towers tour. Not cheap...about US$23...but the building is impressive and the views from the crossover bridge and the 86th floor observation deck are quite spectacular. The areas outside and shopping center center inside the building are nice too.

I stayed at Geo Hotel which is in a very good location with LRT Pasar Seni train station next door. From Geo, there is a the National Mosque and other attractions nearby. If you intend to visit the mosque, first check on non-prayer times when you can actually get in.

You can take the Ekspress train from the airport to KL Sentral station and catch another train to the Pasar Seni station (or a taxi at the metered taxi stand outside...get your ticket first inside KL Sentral) and then a short walk to Geo.

Edited by morpho

BTW I assumed that you are non-Muslim but if I am incorrect and you are Muslim, you can enter the National Mosque any time.

I'm not Muslim but visited the National Mosque many years ago. Sorry just read the post again. It was of course outside prayer times.

Edited by nitpicker

Find a hotel at booking.com It usually always cheaper to prebook than walk-in.

You will e able to choose the location, and prices within the hotel.

The view from the towers is expensive, whereas it is free to view the towers from anywhere outside.

KL also has some good art galleries.

It's quite easy to pass the day around Bukit Bintang. from there it's only 2 minutes to windowshop at the huge Pavilion Mall (which has a "cheap" food hall in the basement). From there, it's a 10-minute walk to the Petronas Towers/KLCC area.

The Towers are staggering/mindblowing when you stand at the base, but I wouldn't pay 23 Dollars for the tour. You cannot go to the top anyway--but you can join the large queue to walk across the 86th floor bridge for 23 $. Once again, if you like shopping, the KLCC Mall is under the towers.

On a budget, I would stay at the Imperial Hotel (next to KFC in BBintang). It's an economy hotel at about 1000b, maybe a bit less, but it's at the top of Jalan Alor which is the main dining street for CHEAP chinese food and beer. There is also a very cheap Indian curry shop about 50 m from the hotel door.

A few meters away you also have the big malls of Lot 10 and Low Yat. Low Yat has plenty of gadgets and computers and mobiles. Sometimes the newest new models.

The monorail (like BTS) is pretty large too. The airport train from Central Station is quick and cheap, or else (slower) are the bus companies (Air Asia runs a bus every 30 minutes, cheap). Beware of the older red/white taxis who will haggle and not use meters. The newer BLUE metered taxis are like small MPVs but can be expensive if you get stuck in the lunchtime traffic around KLCC or BBintang.

Right now, the Ringit is weak, so you get quite a lot of ringits to a dollar or a GBP.

Eddy

• Like 2