25th Motor Show Thailand

englishoak

Chingy,

###### that silver Mustang looks sweet. Although I've been an M3 man for quite awhile. I always notice the Mustang GTs and Cobras around town.

You get quite the bang for your buck one of with those. :o

Guest chingy
you would think that a country with such an aptitude for producing things mechanical and technical would be able to produce a decent car.

but their cars are the worlds worst, surpassed in performance,quality,technology,value and style by cars from just about every where else in the world.

unexportable,heavy,poorly handling lumps of metal. an insult to the customers foolish enough to purchase them.

stick to jeans,hamburgers and weapons uncle sam, and leave the japanese and the germans to supply us with cars.

its all about power my friend, take any of your japanese or german car and meet me at the quarter mile track, i'll eat alive, american car is all about red light to red light, pure power. 5.0V8

what do you say to, for example the jeep, or humvee

crap and supercrap :o

the 6cyl engine used in some models of the (last) jeep range has a design fault that should have been rectified years ago. it doesnt get enough lubrication around cylinders 5 and 6, the ones nearest the bulkhead. the oil channels get clogged up.

it overheats round there and the cylinder head gaskets cant take it.

the humvee is a joke machine totally unsuitable for use on the highways. its purely a military machine.

its all about power my friend, take any of your japanese or german car and meet me at the quarter mile track, i'll eat alive, american car is all about red light to red light, pure power. 5.0V8

lots of german cars with smaller engines will beat an american 5.0 v8 from the lights,

lots of tiny little brit sports cars will also. dont know about japanese cars.

american engines(the big v8's) are great for unstressed cruising and sound wonderful . but they are low tech dinosaurs (apart from the gm northstar? engine)

u.s. cars from the 40's till the late 60's were the best looking cars...ever. but these days...they have lost the plot.

you would think that a country with such an aptitude for producing things mechanical and technical would be able to produce a decent car.

but their cars are the worlds worst, surpassed in performance,quality,technology,value and style by cars from just about every where else in the world.

unexportable,heavy,poorly handling lumps of metal. an insult to the customers foolish enough to purchase them.

stick to jeans,hamburgers and weapons uncle sam, and leave the japanese and the germans to supply us with cars.

I Tink A Skyline will whip the Musclebound lardarse car into oblivion.

but I do like the Yank mobiles.

Chingy,

You are right in many cases about power and like I said I have considered the GTs or Cobras.

Handling though, give me a break, for your dollar nothing touches an M3.

Oh and I allmost forgot the new M3 is pushing 360 horse with no turbo :o:D:D

PS The 240 hp M3 won Car and Drivers 10 best 5 years in a row. Also smoked the Ferrari F355 and Acura NSX best handling and performance shootout at a half and a third of the price. :D

Chingy,

You are right in many cases about power and like I said I have considered the GTs or Cobras.

Handling though, give me a break, for your dollar nothing touches an M3.

Oh and I allmost forgot the new M3 is pushing 360 horse with no turbo :o  :D   :D

PS   The 240 hp M3 won Car and Drivers 10 best 5 years in a row.  Also smoked the Ferrari F355 and Acura NSX best handling and performance shootout at a half and a third of the price.  :D

The UK/Euro E36 M3 EVO was one of my fave rides , 320bhp, easily tuned to 400, you can pick one up now for the price of a good massage. In Thailand they still go for 2 million baht. I wonder if Skylines would be cheap to import from Tokyo to los?...hmmmmm :D

btw I do like American cars , fantastic in a straight line.

I wonder if Skylines would be cheap to import from Tokyo to los?...hmmmmm :o

Unfortunately not... Imported cars get levied with the same taxes/duties that make other cars here so expensive. There are some second-hand Skylines in Bangkok, but they're all very dear to purchase and no doubt very dear to run.

Cheers!