Ace Condo case to be filed at Phuket court in 10 days

webfact

Ace Condo case to be filed at Phuket court in 10 days
The Phuket News

1440415209_1-org.jpg
Amphol Wongsiri, Secretary-general to the Office of the Consumer Protection Board and Col Angkul Klaikueng of Royal Thai Police Consumer Protection Division speak at today's meeting.

PHUKET: -- Those who purchased units for the Ace 1 Condominium project in Patong and have yet to file complaints with the police have been given a further 10 days to do so before the case is filed in court it was announced today (August 24).

The announcement came at at press conference held at Governorʼs House by Col Angkul Klaikueng of Royal Thai Police Consumer Protection Division and Amphol Wongsiri Secretary-general to the Office of the Consumer Protection Board.

Construction of the 196-unit Ace 1 Condominium project, on Sai Nam Yen Rd, was scheduled to begin in February 2013 with completion in April 2015. According to an officer of project because of an internal dispute within the development company, nothing has been built. (See story here)

Speaking at todayʼs press conference, Col Angkul said, “The main reason that it has taken us so long to bring this case to court is because we have been waiting for more complaints to be reported to the police.

“More than 160 units have been sold for the Ace 1 Condomenium project but around only 50 complaints have been filed.”

Mr Amphol added that the Prime Minsterʼs office has also received notification about the project and that a conference will be held with various government agencies to help put a stop to property development fraud in Thailand.

“Now fraud is the second biggest crime in Thailand with narcotics still being first.

“With cases such as the Ace Condomenium project we try to reach a solution before the case goes to court because they can take a very long time to reach a conclusion,” he said.

“We would like to use this case as a case study for property fraud in Thailand, and it will be discussed at a meeting which will be held in Bangkok tomorrow (August 25). Then on Thursday (August 27), we will hold another meeting to find the best solution for resolving these problems,” Khun Amphol added.

Didier Giesen a Belgiun businessman who paid about B1,144,000 for two units at Ace Condominium said, “I like this country very much and I want to stay here for as long as I can, but I feel very upset about what has happened. I don't know how many more case like this they have here or how they will handle it.”

Paul Schmier, 64, from Sydney, Australia who paid about B1,197,000 for a unit in January 2014 said, “I wanted to retire here in beautiful Phuket, but I do not know now. This issue will give Thailand a very bad image.”

When asked by the complainants when the case would actually be passed to the court, Col Angkul said that if it is not necessary to wait for more complaints to be filed then it can be passed on very soon.

“I think we already have enough evidence to take it to court. However, the reason we were waiting for more complaints purely for court hearing reasons. But letʼs say now that we will give it 10 more days. September 3, 2015 is d-day, Col Angkul said.

When asked if those who had not filed complaints with the police would receive their money back, Col Chaiwat Ui-Kam from Patong Police said that everyone who had put money into the Ace Condominium project would get their money back.

“Of course everyone will get there settlement if the court orders that it be paid. However, sooner or later they will have to bring themselves and their evidence to the police to claim their money,” Col Chaiwat said.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/ace-condo-case-to-be-filed-at-phuket-court-in-10-days-53798.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-08-25

Jail the owners of the company until the internal dispute is resolved and the condos are built.

Send a clear message to these scammers. If the project is never completed, the scammers

are never released from jail. That is my solution anyway.

Blood out of a stone comes to mind. I can't see why this project will be any different than the other projects that have taken the money and not delivered the goods. With the courts being held up for years to get a judgment, good luck to these Ace punters.

I wish you good luck as well. They will run you down an endless rabbit hole with no exit or end. I would sooner pick the trifecta in a horse race than pick your chance of winning. If I was a bookie my odds of winning would be 2% for and 98% against. You can not get blood from a stone. The money they collected is in hiding. They will stand in court and turn their pockets inside out.

Blood out of a stone comes to mind. I can't see why this project will be any different than the other projects that have taken the money and not delivered the goods. With the courts being held up for years to get a judgment, good luck to these Ace punters.

I agree.

Getting "a judgement" is one thing, getting the Condo built, or the money back, is another thing.