What actions reset the 90 day report clock?

No they are not, the wording is slightly different and the address report has 2 names on it, the 90 day report has only one. I am not going to bother scanning them, believe what you want.

The purpose of a 90 day report is to report that you have stayed in the country for 90 days and to report your address (TM47).

When you did your first extension Sandy, you have to notify your address (TM28).

You are given two receipts, one confirming that you have notified address, one next report date.

Thereafter you must report that you have stayed in the Country for 90 days and confirm your address.

If you want proof that you are also reporting your address every 90 days, then look no further than your Extension Stamp.

'Notification of Residence must be made every 90 Days' (Last line before the issue number).

Immigration would expect you to confirm the same address as notified on the original TM28.

If you completed a TM47 with a different address, then bells would ring because you have notified change of address (TM28).

Why the compulsion to lecture.

I know the difference between a 90 day slip and an address slip, its other people that don't.

Address reporting slip.

attachicon.gifaddr slip 001.jpg

Yep, that's from a TM28 just as I said. It is notification of your registered address in Thailand.

You only need to complete that form once, unless you move to a new address (or stay in another province longer than 24 hours according to the form heading)

Wrong, it is from a TM 30. It has my name and my wife's name on it, a TM 28 slip would only have my name on it.

Well there it is. As you can see, the last immigration officer affixed it to my passport on 25 May, instructing me to report again on 22 Aug. As far as I'm aware, the adverb "again" means you've already done something once, and that you should do it another, subsequent time. Hopefully you can understand my confusion.

attachicon.gifIMG_4817.JPG

Hello,

I understand that having this slip in your passport means that your 90-day report was done

on May 25.

I'm afraid the immigration officer must have made a mistake or forgotten to record it in the

system then. I don't think you'd get fined 2,000B for it because I don't think it's your fault.

You should negotiate with the boss about it next time you visit the immigration office.

Good luck.

I'm afraid the immigration officer must have made a mistake or forgotten to record it in the

system then. I don't think you'd get fined 2,000B for it because I don't think it's your fault.

You should negotiate with the boss about it next time you visit the immigration office.

Funny you should say that.

The officer I was working with happened to be the supervisor of that department. When I asked about seeing a supervisor, she said "I am". I glanced at the intern sitting next to her, and he gave me a nervous nod. There was a moment of awkward silence after which I accepted that they simply weren't interested in dealing with me any more and if would I just kindly hand over 2000 baht because of their mistake, everything would be peachy.

I guess it's inevitable that at some point you're going to be screwed by the system. Luckily this was a fairly minor one and there was plenty of vaseline.

• Like 2

Address reporting slip.

attachicon.gifaddr slip 001.jpg

Yep, that's from a TM28 just as I said. It is notification of your registered address in Thailand.

You only need to complete that form once, unless you move to a new address (or stay in another province longer than 24 hours according to the form heading)

Wrong, it is from a TM 30. It has my name and my wife's name on it, a TM 28 slip would only have my name on it.

Sincere apologies Sandy. You are correct, that is the receipt from a TM30.

Notification Form for House Master, Owner or the Possessor of the Residence where Alien has Stayed.

That still doesn't alter the fact that you must report your address every 90 days.

Edited by Faz

When I did my retirement extension in July the slip that was put in was for address reporting, nothing for the 90 day report. The previous year when I did my first extension they put in 2 slips, one for address reporting and one for 90 day report.

Maybe he put the wrong slip in your passport.

A 90 day report is an address report. They are the same thing.

Sounds like you have never seen the white slip stapled in the passport for alien address reporting.

I have which is why I commented. IO's often staple a slip in the passport giving the date for the next 90 day report (address report).

You caused an unnecessary debate by wrong calling an address notification receipt an "address reporting" slip. Had you called it a receipt your comment would have made sense.

Saying that you had one slip for address reporting and one for 90 day reporting didn't make sense because it suggested you had two slips requesting the same thing.

When I did my retirement extension in July the slip that was put in was for address reporting, nothing for the 90 day report. The previous year when I did my first extension they put in 2 slips, one for address reporting and one for 90 day report.

Maybe he put the wrong slip in your passport.

A 90 day report is an address report. They are the same thing.

Sounds like you have never seen the white slip stapled in the passport for alien address reporting.

wrong calling an address notification receipt an "address reporting" slip.

Ever heard the term 'Teflon man'.

If you stay in the country more than 90 days and fail to report you won't be charged for late reporting when exiting. But if you come back they might charge you the next time you report or visit an immigration office.

When you did your first extension Sandy, you have to notify your address (TM28).

You are given two receipts, one confirming that you have notified address, one next report date.

Thereafter you must report that you have stayed in the Country for 90 days and confirm your address.

If you want proof that you are also reporting your address every 90 days, then look no further than your Extension Stamp.

'Notification of Residence must be made every 90 Days' (Last line before the issue number).

I can confirm that if your visa (extension) expires on 01 Sept 2015, and your 90 days is up on 30 August 2015. You can leave thailand on 31 August 2015, without incurring any fine next time you go to immigration or do a report.

This was confirmed by an Immigration Officer today. He also consulted his senior, and he confirmed it. He even gave me a signed note confirming this.

The "do we need to do 90 day report if we leave on the 91st day" has come up previously and there has been talk confirming "yes, it should". See:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/720359-im-leaving-thailand-on-day-91-should-i-do-a-90-day-report/#entry7716742

also, the post below confirms that there is definitely no penalty for leaving on the 91st day when exiting Thailand - again it seems her visa had not expired.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/529115-penalty-for-over-stay-than-90-days/

It's definitely worth doing it ahead of time, so you won't have to go through the nightmare I had when visiting immigration today. Visiting Immigration has always been a hit-and-miss affair for me with so many transport connections. Have to be extremely lucky, usually one of the connections let me down. (today it was the Van from Mo Chit to Immigration - ended up in an immigration office in the middle of a paddy field in the outskirts of Bangkok - don't ask me how - will explain in another post) Do it online if you can before 7 days of the due date, put reminder on phone 10 days before due date, to be safe.

Or go for the registered post method, but then if you don't receive the confirmation you still need to go in to immigration. Bit of a gamble.

Back on topic: The IO said to me "your visa expires on 01 Sept", so i explained, yes, but my 90th day is on 30 August. so if I leave on 31 August I would have stayed in Thailand 91 days consecutive and not done a report. He repeated what he said before "your visa expires 01 Sept". Then he spoke to his senior. Who confirmed "No need for a report".

From this I am pretty certain that the 2000 THB fine is levied if you overstay your tourist visa (and have not done the report). If you go to immigration to do a report with your visa expired, then that would attract BOTH the 500 bhat per day penalty and possibly the fine for not reporting 90 days of consecutive stay.

So reporting sooner rather than later is well worth it in case you happen to overstay due to some unavoidable reason. However, if you happen to read this post on the 90th consecutive day of your stay in Thailand, and you leave tomorrow, and your visa hasn't expired. Don't Fret!, No penalty.

So what actions will reset the 90 day clock?. Leaving Thailand before 90 days of consecutive stay, 90th day, 91 days and 92 days (if your visa hasn't expired). From what the IO said, pretty certain an extension will start the clock again.

Edited by meltingpot2015

SANDYF

Ever heard of a persistent PITA ?
Give it a rest .............

Hope that you have recovered.

Bottom line is that many do not understand the difference between one white slip and another.

This thread came about because the the OP does not recognise a 90 day report slip, you should enlighten him.