Ubc . . .

grtaylor

I work in Bangkok, and rent an apartment, in which I have UBC (cable). I own a place in Pattaya, and go there most weekends, and have Sophon Cable there.

I've seen a company, www.j-sat.tv, who market equipment (dish and decoder) which will receive UBC, but they say you need a UBC card to use it. So, my question is: If I get this package, will my UBC card from BKK work in the decoder in Pattaya?

Any information welcomed.

Also, does anyone have experience of www.sun-channels.com, I've seen them advertising in Pattaya.

Cheers

Graham

Your current UBC card should work anywhere in Thailand as it is just a docoder for the signal.

Easy to check out. Just take the card to Pattaya and find someone that has UBC and put it in the receiver. Many of the bars have UBC and I am sure if you ask them nicely they would check it out for you with the puchase of a couple of wet ones.

Don

Ask the company (not UBC) if they can install just the dish for you and carry the decoder and card too and fro.

Don't tell UBC. They do not like people doing this.

They will tell you you need a second subscription, which is a load of BS.

Yes, I wasn't planning on asking/telling UBC! Hence my question here.

I guessed it would work OK if it were identical installations - however it wouldn't be. In Bangkok, I get UBC through the optical cable - in Pattaya it would be through a dish. So, I'm assuming the decoder would actually be different for each system? Would UBC know my card was being used through a dish rather than my normal cable?

Anyway, the best advice is to try it and see - I'll take my card this weekend.

Cheers,

Graham

Ask the company (not UBC) if they can install just the dish for you and carry the decoder and card too and fro.

Don't tell UBC. They do not like people doing this.

They will tell you you need a second subscription, which is a load of BS.