NCPO: Tourists number remains normal after Bangkok blast

webfact

NCPO: Tourists number remains normal after Bangkok blast

BANGKOK, 25 August 2015 (NNT) – NCPO Spokesperson has disclosed that the number of tourists visiting Thailand has remained at the normal rate, despite the bombing incident in Bangkok, while many agencies are urgently checking the conditions of their CCTV.

The National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) Spokesman Col Winthai Suwaree stated in a televised broadcast regarding the progress of investigation for the bombing incident at Erawan Shrine in Bangkok, citing the number of international tourists to Thailand has remained at normal levels.

While the NCPO Spokesman revealed that the security team has deployed more officials to provide a continuous and inclusive security protection to all areas, as well as coordinating with security officers from private companies and motorcycle taxi drivers, to help in surveillance measures and to collect all clues related to the incident.

The Royal Thai Police Headquarters has asked for cooperation from government agencies, companies, and building owners to help check the functions and capabilities of their CCTV cameras to be set at an angle and possess sufficient resolution to identify suspects. He added that information received from the international operatives and intelligence units have allowed the investigation to proceed towards its proper phase.

The NCPO Spokesman has also thanked the public who have reported in useful information to the 1515 hotline, while those who have given false information and disturbed authorities' operations have been recorded for further legal prosecution.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-08-25 footer_n.gif

Obviously tourists to Thailand more resilient than tourists to London where a 12% drop was recorded in the aftermath of the 7/7 bombings. Maybe they have greater confidence in the Thai police to protect them whistling.gif

Edited by roamer

Local friend here in Indonesia cancelled her AirAsia flight leaving in three days, immediately upon hearing of the bomb. Now she has had to rebook one for early September. "Afraid of bomb". Mmm, well such kneejerk decisions I can't relate to. She knows Bangkok already, too. Big place. If anyone, the Chinese cancelling would be more understandable as I think the theory that they were the main target, sounds more likely as time goes on.

When will TAT and all of the other agencies get together and report actual accurate information instead of one agency reporting good and the other reporting bad. One hand never knows what the other is doing.

.....please don't hold your breath on that one!

"who so many people come complain???? Thailand velly velly good. No problem...only small bomb...few foreigners die....no problem.....come come to thailand ....we love your money (stupid foreigners!), come come...(we want fleece you.)...everything safe here..police will check you more often so everything safe....we have good army to protect you...come come"

Bangkok Post reporting today, quoted the Central Hotel chain i think it was, as having millions of Baht in cancellations, also their restaurant chain down 20%

They are asking for 2 or 3 month tourist visa to be introduced

I know that to be true

Bangkok Post reporting today, quoted the Central Hotel chain i think it was, as having millions of Baht in cancellations, also their restaurant chain down 20%

They are asking for 2 or 3 month tourist visa to be introduced

I know that to be true

This won't work because the number of in/out 'tourists' are counted as new visitors each time they return to Thailand. Increasing the time allowed to stay will make the number of visitors fall, not rise (on Paper I mean)

When will TAT and all of the other agencies get together and report actual accurate information instead of one agency reporting good and the other reporting bad. One hand never knows what the other is doing.

Is this a question really? TAT is doing as all of the government, esp. PM !

No tourists please do come, come! Don't be afraid of our military junta utopia. We may of actually indirectly caused the bombings due to our actions in the south or with the uihgurs but don't worry! We are heavily suppressing that information so this bombing goes unsolved! Because that after all will instill your confidence in us.

Edited by lildragon

Minister Kobkarn and the TAT have become rather quiet lately. Others are speaking for them. And contrary opinions are leaking out everywhere.

What's up with those major(Centara) hotel guys complaining in public about government inaction to bolster tourism? Those guys need to chill out at a relaxing Army Spa.

And who authorized that report on the decline of domestic tourism? Did someone not get the "memo"?

And those businesses near the bombing site. Why are they complaining about reduced business? Haven't they heard the Chinese have not cancelled any trips?

Restoring Happiness to the People is all that matters. Negative opinions are not helpful. The Thai media are irresponsible when they report negative news, as it confuses people, which could lead to unrest, and the need for more Peace and Order.

Edited by phoenixdoglover

More stories

I think I may start a novel on Asia and its soaring tourist numbers up after each blow to the heart land

People are flocking here under the caring watch of the Thai police... Please feel free to enjoy yourself and please hire a motorbike

they never will, just know the situation is bad, very bad,,