Vehicle Maintenance Check on Darkside

Orac

Anyone know of an authorised place i can get my scooters 5 year maintenance check done on the darkside rather than traipse all the way over to the LTA with it?

Edited by Orac

You dont say where on the darkside you are but if you exit soi khao noi onto Sukhumvit travel 50m and do the uturn as though you were heading to Pattaya Klang then there is a place right next door to the Bridgestone tyre shop (which you look at while doing the uturn)...............

Take the bike/car in one day with logbook, do the test and drive off......back the next day to pick up tax etc.

Just done mine for bike and pickup...................have the reciept infront of me.........the bike was 60 baht for test......380 for tax.............100 for govt tax and 150 for them to run out and get the tax for you

Sorry but what is LTA? Do you simply mean warranty major inspection?

Land Transport Authority.

Aha. I just looked that up. The LTA is in Singapore. Never been there. In Thailand it's Department of Land Transport (DLT). Anyway there's an authorized private vehicle inspection station on Sukhumvit, north of Pattaya North, after the Caltex and maybe even after the following Shell station, in the northbound lanes. Has a big green sign and open garage entrance area. Good service there.

Sorry but what is LTA? Do you simply mean warranty major inspection?

Land Transport Authority.

Aha. I just looked that up. The LTA is in Singapore. Never been there. In Thailand it's Department of Land Transport (DLT). Anyway there's an authorized private vehicle inspection station on Sukhumvit, north of Pattaya North, after the Caltex and maybe even after the following Shell station, in the northbound lanes. Has a big green sign and open garage entrance area. Good service there.

There are currently 7 of them. See map in post #4.