what would this fence cost per meter

steven100

To build a fence around the house similar to this one .. approximately 80m ( Phetchabun area )

A fair quote for this fence would be ? 1,200 / m 1,500 / m ?

Would 2.2 be too high ? 600 mm in ground , block 1.2 m Shara board 1.0 m

post-48292-0-52979200-1440568153_thumb.j

Edited by steven100

I'm a real advocate of stainless steel for a fence. If it is a proper grade you never have to paint it and it will not rust. The stainless steel cleaner is from 3M is widely available and I've had success with the Makro house brand of stainless steel cleaner. There is a thicker grade of Diamond Wood, Conwood and Sherawood for a good quality fence available at any builders merchants store.It clearly shows in the printed catalogs the use as a fence board, and not as a siding board. I've seen attractive fences done with Thai Sun resin fiber planking in Buriram Province.

• Like 1

About 6 years ago we did a wall of about 250 metres at 1.5 metres high which worked out at about 1000 baht/metre. We bought all the materials and recruited the labour which was about half and half.

I would think that now a price of around 1300 baht /metre would be reasonable.

I would suggest that you get a price for getting the job done and not as we did. In the beginning we had no problem with labour but as the job got near completion the labour disappeared to other work and we had a problem getting it finished.

About 6 years ago we did a wall of about 250 metres at 1.5 metres high which worked out at about 1000 baht/metre. We bought all the materials and recruited the labour which was about half and half.

I would suggest that you get a price for getting the job done and not as we did. In the beginning we had no problem with labour but as the job got near completion the labour disappeared to other work and we had a problem getting it finished.

correct, I think the best way is to get a quote per meter ... and they get paid on what gets done.

That way there is no issue with labour or materials .. the responsibility is on the builder.

I seriously think the stainless steel idea would be too expensive for my like although it would be nice.

I'll do the block / cement / Sherawood but I'll cover the concrete posts in a dark sandstone brick and add a sandstone figure head in the middle of each space just for enhanced looks.

Total cost will be around 100k for 80m

correct, I think the best way is to get a quote per meter ... and they get paid on what gets done.

That way there is no issue with labour or materials .. the responsibility is on the builder.

Nearing completion.

post-201813-0-20370900-1441013537_thumb.

Edited by sandyf
  • Like 2

1200/m seems about right, thats what I paid, but added extra for wrought iron style panels between the posts.

I second this

about four years ago my fence cost me about 1200 bht per m in Khon Kaen

500 bht per m for labor, I bought all the material

picture from when it was being build, sides and back are solid 2m high, front has pickets

Are the pickets real tree or Shera?

1200/m seems about right, thats what I paid, but added extra for wrought iron style panels between the posts.

I second this

picture from when it was being build, sides and back are solid 2m high, front has pickets

attachicon.gif102_0682.JPG

.attachicon.gif201.JPG

To be honest I like the picket fence at the front more ... looks good in my book. So that would probably be around 1300 baht / meter now I guess.

How deep was the concrete beams for the footings / foundations ? was it .600 mm ?

I second this

Are the pickets real tree or Shera?

It does not matter how much anyone likes real wood, it is a natural material and will dry out and warp in due course. Penalty of too much sun.

• 6 months later...

I second this

​sirineou - please PM me contact info of your fence contractor.

Anyone else who knows contractors in the Khon Kaen area with good experience in fencing, please PM me as well.

I second this

​sirineou - please PM me contact info of your fence contractor.

Anyone else who knows contractors in the Khon Kaen area with good experience in fencing, please PM me as well.

yeah, front fence looks good ......

I tell you what, most Thai "contractors" will look at the sky and think of how much money they could make on a "farang" project. For most projects, including walls, there's usually a "good" local construction worker that you can pay B400-500 per 8 hour day to just do it. Maybe a helper or two for less. You pay for material, he does the labor and most likely you will both be happy with the result.

80M of fence in stainless might cost him more than the house it surrounds wink.png

Plus it would look like a Pakistani owned the house. For some reason they love it. They think it looks classy and expensive. See lots of it in England in places like Bradford and Southall.

• 1 year later...
On 3/30/2016 at 6:17 PM, Denim said:

Plus it would look like a Pakistani owned the house. For some reason they love it. They think it looks classy and expensive. See lots of it in England in places like Bradford and Southall.

Hello i am looking to build a fence 2 meters high and about 367 meters long any experience and contact details in Kanchanaburi