Rumors start about Facebook opening Thailand office in September

webfact

Rumors start about Facebook opening Thailand office in September
By Coconuts Bangkok

mark_0.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Rumors about Facebook opening an office in Thailand spread like wildfire after the company posted another Bangkok-based job listing on Friday.

Facebook is set to reveal more about its expansion to Thailand at a private event next month.

The invitation to the event, created on event management website Splash That, has been shared on several Thai tech blogs today, with speculation that Facebook Thailand will officially open its doors on Sept. 17.

While the event claims to be extremely exclusive, the invitation looks spammy and amateurish and it doesn’t even have a Facebook logo on it.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/08/26/rumors-start-about-facebook-opening-thailand-office-september

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-08-26

BANGKOK: -- A 14-year old female student who was badly gang-assaulted by her seniors and later hospitalized since late July has succumbed to her death at her hospital bed Wednesday.

The victim, a Mathayom 2 student of a school in Phitsanuloke, was reportedly assaulted by a group of Mathayom 3 students on June 11. It was said that the senior students were angry that the victim often chatted with male students of Mathayom 3 through Facebook.

Facebook in Thailand.....NOT COOL!

Just a little bit of research shows that this is in fact FACT.

LinkedIN actually posted this last month, but have just reposted a few days ago...and have 735 applicants.

LinkedIN says I'd be in the Top 10% if I applied...so I'd be competing with 73 other people. Think I'll pass.

post-21832-0-25070100-1440590064_thumb.p

Dreamers and scammers. Google has a few pre-sales representatives in Thailand as well. It doesn't mean they are going to expand into Thailand or open any kind of operation here.

I believe Google's office is already open, not just a small one either in a newish office building in Ploenchit. Why write a response when you are clearly out of the loop?

I am still waiting for the Formula 1 GP in Bangkok.

3 years ago the Thai said they would have the F1 Thai GP in Bangkok in 2014.

They even have been selling first row seats on various internet sites, FB and eBay !!! (Nigerian or Thai Scam)

Also the start of the Tour de France would have been in Thailand in 2014...

And now FB comes next month???

Yeah sure... I stopped believing in fairytales since childhood.

And April's fools day has passed for almost 5 months.

Edited by FredNL

Dreamers and scammers. Google has a few pre-sales representatives in Thailand as well. It doesn't mean they are going to expand into Thailand or open any kind of operation here.

I guess it depends on how well they can sale their informations here. With this government maybe good.