Australian father hires former commando’s to grab his daughter in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What we have now is a distraught mother who doesn't have a group of expendables capable of bringing her back to Thailand.........quite sad really.

I get the impression the mother for some reason didn't want the father to see the child. That could be because she was afraid he would do what he now has done.

As for the child, yes!!! assuming the father is a good guy will have a better chance life being brought up in Aus than in some Thai village but it don't make it right.

QUESTION> Was this the same guy who's wife disappeared when she was supposed to have the child for 1 week?

How quick we are to side with the father. Why? Because he's not Thai? Who are we to automatically assume the girl's best interests is with the father. For all we know he could be a total controlling ass. Wives leave husbands often because of abuse or child molestation, or simply because some husbands are as*holes.

Good point, well made. As someone said earlier, there must be more to this story. There are always two sides to every story.

...why did the mother kidnap her daughter....if she did not trust Australian courts it is not a good sign for her

Well that is the point, we do not know. there may be all sorts of compelling reasons and then again, there may not. Probably best to hasten slowly to judge.

How quick we are to side with the father. Why? Because he's not Thai? Who are we to automatically assume the girl's best interests is with the father. For all we know he could be a total controlling ass. Wives leave husbands often because of abuse or child molestation, or simply because some husbands are as*holes.

THE KEY HERE which lost ALL SUPPORT for the Mother is the fact she dumped the kit at the maternal Grandmother in some shithole of a village and we all know what that means, at that point the Mother gets no cred at all.

If the child had been living with the mother in a home in a normal place then OK she may get some pity and I would question it more but to let a little girl grow up in OZ then take her and dump her with her grandparent sorry she is better off with Daddy.

Commando’s

Yet again incorrect use of the apostrophe. This is not by a contributor but in the headline written presumably by a member of TV staff. Amazing, and I wonder what it takes to join TV. A complete knowledge of the English language is clearly not a requirement.

Incorrect assumption. The headline was not written by TV staff, it is a copy of how it was written by the news source: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/australian-father-hires-former-commandos-to-grab-his-daughter-in-thailand.html, perhaps you should contact them about whether "A complete knowledge of the English language is clearly not a requirement." when posting news items.

^AGREE 100%..with D.K....The olnly doubt i have is about the age of the father .He looks in his early 60 s so may not be around too long .If he does clock it i hope that he has other family in Aus to take care of the girl. P.S,not being agest as i am 62 myself .

Edited by anto

Lots of people assume that the mother broke the law in bringing her daughter to Thailand. Yes, she didnt tell the dad, he just came home to an empty house. That is a crazy thing to do but she hasnt broken the law if she just took her own daughter to the airport and over to Thailand. The person who has broken the law is the father and his accomplice(s) who have kidnapped the child and taken her to Australia. As pointed out by some, Australia is likely to have laws in this regard. The mother may be able to go to Australia and legally get her child returned. I am a dad with a young daughter whom I adore and I do not blame him for doing what he did. But it may come back to haunt him.

I'm going to side with the child. Can you imagine the trauma the child went through on this ordeal, being taken by strangers not knowing where she was going or what was happening? The father should have done it differently, I know Thai courts aren't fareng friendly But they are filled with baht happy judges, Worst case he could have had a accident happen on ex and got his daughter back by being the father. Now he has a confused child who he stole back after two years from her mother. Yes OZ has rule of law Which the father clearly has broken and he will have to reckon with that there in Australian courts which if rule of law holds true will rule against him. Then this child will lose a father too and end up back with mother, with her being as seen in the right. Moral here two wrongs do not make a right. I'm speaking as a father of 3 daughters who raised them myself after my ex split with younger guy. Now if a stranger took my kids I would go through hell barefooted over broken glass and gut the person who took them and get my girls no matter which country they were in And god help anyone who gets in my way.

I guess if the mom wants her daughter back, she'd have to do the same - engage some ex-RTP clown shoes to 'extract' the little girl from Down Under. Oh wait... strike that off. The RTP can't find their own <deleted> with both hands and a full-length mirror. Never mind, forget it.

Just couldn't resist the opportunity to take a swipe at the Clowns in Brown cheesy.gif

Can you imagine the trauma the child went through on this ordeal, being taken by strangers not knowing where she was going or what was happening?

Read the OP - the father was present in Thailand and took his own daughter back with the help of others.

Now he has a confused child who he stole back after two years from her mother

Making a few assumptions, aren't you?

Without further facts, it is impossible to assume guilt or wrongdoing by either parent.

Edited by simon43

I spent over 2 years estranged from access to my young children so I sympathise with this guy. I/We don't yet know the full story but its heartbreaking when a partner takes child away from a loving parent. I was able to reconnect with my kids and have a great relationship because as they grew older they realised what their mother did and told them was wrong. Now they are well balanced adults and I hope this little girl will be the same. It would be difficult to imagine she could have a better education, upbringing and future life in Thailand v Australia so I hope it works out ok.

Lots of people assume that the mother broke the law in bringing her daughter to Thailand. Yes, she didnt tell the dad, he just came home to an empty house. That is a crazy thing to do but she hasnt broken the law if she just took her own daughter to the airport and over to Thailand. The person who has broken the law is the father and his accomplice(s) who have kidnapped the child and taken her to Australia. As pointed out by some, Australia is likely to have laws in this regard. The mother may be able to go to Australia and legally get her child returned. I am a dad with a young daughter whom I adore and I do not blame him for doing what he did. But it may come back to haunt him.

How do you come to that conclusion. If the mother didnt break the law by taking the child then how did the father break the law by doing the same thing?

Nowhere in that story does it say anything about a legal battle, court order, or any other citing of the law which authorized these people to abduct the child.

The whole lot of them should be charged with kidnapping in Thailand & Australia.

The poor child that had a full life ahead of her in a brilliant country, has now been forcibly kidnapped & dragged halfway across the world to a first world shit hole full of <deleted>.

Thailand would be a much better place for any child to grow up, especially a Thai. I hope the mother gets some good lawyers & prosecutes these people.

Nowhere in that story does it say anything about a legal battle, court order, or any other citing of the law which authorized these people to abduct the child.

The whole lot of them should be charged with kidnapping in Thailand & Australia.

The poor child that had a full life ahead of her in a brilliant country, has now been forcibly kidnapped & dragged halfway across the world to a first world shit hole full of <deleted>.

Thailand would be a much better place for any child to grow up, especially a Thai. I hope the mother gets some good lawyers & prosecutes these people.

Yeah would like to see her try. Bahaha

So the Thai wife does the usual by seizing the child and absconding bringing her back to la la land for its wonderful upbringing and education with no regard for the law. The father rectifies the situation and grabs her back and the numpties on here are criticizing him. For those who are siding with a Thai woman who has shown her contempt for the law and her family you should be ashamed. Good on the guy, I am sure thousands sympathies and would like to have done the same. The woman clearly has no regard for the wellbeing of her daughter pandora is your typical selfish Thai.

Where is the evidence that the Thai mother did anything more than most mothers would do if they were unhappy with their marriage and decided to leave their husband? Remember, most Western courts will give the mother custody of children.

What did she do illegally? I believe either parent in Australia has the right to travel with their child?

And, your misguided statement about, " . . . no regard for the wellbeing (sic) of her daughter," makes me wonder about your values. The child is at least half-Thai and a loving maternal family is often the way children all over the world are raised when fathers are not around.

As another said, who knows about the father? Maybe he is an abusive oaf. Maybe the Thai wife and he simply did not get along; or she could not handle it in Australia--some Thais do not do well out of their cultural norm. She may have simply wanted to return home with her daughter, as any good mother would.

Granted, it would have been better if she had gone to court to get custody. The father tried to use the courts and he failed; why? Yeah, sure government gobbledy-gook, takes a long time, but also the courts may not have agreed with him.

I see the benefit of using a covert force to right a wrong, but we are not sure a wrong was committed, are we?

Let's turn the table--what if the mother had hired someone to abduct the child from Australia? Would you be so much on the side of the abductors, especially not knowing any more of the circumstances than we do here?

Her mother dumped her with the grandmother <deleted> Granted Australia is not paradise ,but Thailand can be hell in certain situations .

I guess if the mom wants her daughter back, she'd have to do the same - engage some ex-RTP clown shoes to 'extract' the little girl from Down Under. Oh wait... strike that off. The RTP can't find their own <deleted> with both hands and a full-length mirror. Never mind, forget it.

Just couldn't resist the opportunity to take a swipe at the Clowns in Brown cheesy.gif

assuming the RTP could get to the correct country(australia) perhaps they'd have some chance. granted an overreaching assumption

So the Thai wife does the usual by seizing the child and absconding bringing her back to la la land for its wonderful upbringing and education with no regard for the law. The father rectifies the situation and grabs her back and the numpties on here are criticizing him. For those who are siding with a Thai woman who has shown her contempt for the law and her family you should be ashamed. Good on the guy, I am sure thousands sympathies and would like to have done the same. The woman clearly has no regard for the wellbeing of her daughter pandora is your typical selfish Thai.

Rightly or wrongly, the guy has committed an international crime. If some Thai, backed by hired militia abducted a child from Australia, what would your opinion be?

Did you read the story? the woman abducted the daughter from Australia. The husband tried legal channels (thai and Australia) to get her returned. who committed the original crime?

I did read it, yes. I just hope this outcome is what the daughter wants. The Mother's side of this story isn't available.

As others I would like to know the mother's side of the story. It could be interesting to know why she left without any notice, why she left the daughter with grandparents in the middle of nowhere, why she didn't respond to requests from the father to at least know where she is, why she felt that a remote village was a much better choice than e.g. access to Australian education.

I understand the father's frustrations. He has been banging his head against closed doors for a very long time - the Thai authorities didn't bother to do anything (probably no financial incentive) - so after years of legal attempts to at least find out where the daughter he resorts to this action.

Ask yourself what would you do if you were put in the same position and had the financial means to hire this group?

If the mother wants to bring it up with Australian authorities, how would an Australian court rule on this? The mother has not exactly been a star example of parenting herself, so what is in the best interest of the child (who has Australian citizenship I presume)?

"she hasnt broken the law if she just took her own daughter to the airport and over to Thailand."

just taking your own daughter to the airport and to another country with the intent of not returning is slightly different than taking a family trip. how can you not connect this?

saying;

"nothing wrong with taking your child to the airport going to another country and not returning"

is sort of like saying

" am joining thaivisa forum for intellectual development "

Where is the evidence that the Thai mother did anything more than most mothers would do if they were unhappy with their marriage and decided to leave their husband? Remember, most Western courts will give the mother custody of children.

What did she do illegally? I believe either parent in Australia has the right to travel with their child?

And, your misguided statement about, " . . . no regard for the wellbeing (sic) of her daughter," makes me wonder about your values. The child is at least half-Thai and a loving maternal family is often the way children all over the world are raised when fathers are not around.

As another said, who knows about the father? Maybe he is an abusive oaf. Maybe the Thai wife and he simply did not get along; or she could not handle it in Australia--some Thais do not do well out of their cultural norm. She may have simply wanted to return home with her daughter, as any good mother would.

Granted, it would have been better if she had gone to court to get custody. The father tried to use the courts and he failed; why? Yeah, sure government gobbledy-gook, takes a long time, but also the courts may not have agreed with him.

I see the benefit of using a covert force to right a wrong, but we are not sure a wrong was committed, are we?

Let's turn the table--what if the mother had hired someone to abduct the child from Australia? Would you be so much on the side of the abductors, especially not knowing any more of the circumstances than we do here?

Yep, I too am surprised at the overwhelming support given to the illegal actions of this father.

The mother hardly "abducted" the child. Abduct means "to carry off by force". I am fairly sure that the infant was not carried kicking and screaming out of the house, through Australian border checks, onto an plane and brought into Thailand. All of which was totally legal as she is the mother, and does not require permission of the father to travel with her child.

However, to hire band of roughnecks, who then traveled abroad with the express intention of kidnapping and abducting a child from its mother is certainly illegal.

I hope that Thailand and and Australia take legal action against this band of international vigilante kidnappers. They have proudly announced the name of one of the gang in the story, so he and the father should be easy to get hold of.

Or do TV'ers around here really want a world where paid thugs can go around taking kids from their mothers, freely announce it to the press and have it publicised as the work of heroes?

Well I don't.

The essence of the support for the action seems to be that the child would have a better life in Australia with the father than in Thailand with the mother. That is an opinion and does not justify the illegal kidnapping.

And has anybody considered how the mother must have felt when she found her daughter missing, with no clue where she was?

Really guys, you have not thought this one through.