Yingluck petitions Supreme Court

webfact

She then said that under the principles of laws and justices, the plaintiff (OAG) has no right to add additional documental evidences and witnesses in excess of what appeared in the case file of the NACC at this step of the trial, as it only was tantamount to an exploitation of the case and was unfair for her.

One must remember that this stickler for the rules, and champion of fairness, saw nothing wrong with amending the amnesty bill between readings so that her brother would be included. Must be convenient to have a flexible sense of "fairness". Ethics are for the peasants I guess.

And one should remember this is the woman that had no hesitation to play the role of puppet, fake pm, orchestrated by her convicted absconded immoral brother.

In playing the puppet she clearly displayed her own lack of moral and ethics and her own disregard and total lack of any form of respect for the natural expectations from the people of a country to have a genuine and moral and capable leader.

She had no hesitation to play puppet and failed on every count.

I guess we'll how hear - 'but I didn't know'.

Luckily this topic is not about democracy and well accepted fakes are in the West.

Indeed. It would be a short conversation as there is no democracy any longer in Thailand. Too bad for the Thais but it is what it is I guess.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alwyn while I respect your views and your right to express them, your myopic view of what was previously in place is both depressing and saddening, do you honestly believe what was previously in place in any way closely represented a fully functioning democracy?

The previous administration twisted and corrupted the basic principles of democracy to suit their own agenda, their last and incredibly expensive rort (the spectacularly failed rice scam scheme) is ample evidence of their willingness to steal from the people who entrusted them with their futures. The figures speak for themselves with the losses for this nation being well documented, it will take generations for this country to recover from the greed, nepotism and cronyism that was the accepted norm for far too long.

Their well advised and articulated arguments mean nothing to those who wish to see what was really happening here, if they put as much effort into their actions and roles as public servants as they now put into denying their culpability and guilt then this proud nation would not be facing the huge losses it is having to deal with.

Yes the present administration is neither perfect or preferred, but it is there for a reason. It is there because the country was being financially raped and pillaged by an established elite without conscience, an established elite who still see it as their right to feed at the public trough of plenty without hindrance or regret. They stepped in to take control because this country was headed for a financial precipice that would have left it bankrupt and isolated, the grand architect's continued self imposed exile from justice is ample evidence of his involvement and guilt, only the most naive or indoctrinated would see it any other way.

The present administration should not only continue with their present programmed of reform they should accelerate and extend it, there should be no tolerance for corruption, nepotism and cronyism, this country has seen enough of that to last it for several generations.

The way forward to should be only about cleansing and improvement, this country deserves no less...

Edited by Bignose

Sounds fair enough to me

Why should she get special treatment? That's the way the judicial system operates in Thailand. There's no pretrial discovery. The parties just show up with their own documents and that's what goes into evidence. She has grounds for appeal when they reform their pretrial discovery, civil and criminal procedure codes. She can wait, but those reforms will probably never come. Its an antiquated justice system - just look at the B2 trial.

“In the trial of a criminal case, the court judge must adhere to the case file of the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) as a principal evidence in proceeding the trial.”

If that is the case, well, I would have to definitely agree that it states pretty clearly what it means, if she is honestly stating the facts of the issue.

Doesn't say you can't bring in more, just at the principal at the beginning, it must proceed from the original case file.

Just saying, that if what she says is the case, what other interpretation could there be?

Alwyn while I respect your views and your right to express them, your myopic view of what was previously in place is both depressing and saddening, do you honestly believe what was previously in place in any way closely represented a fully functioning democracy?

The previous administration twisted and corrupted the basic principles of democracy to suit their own agenda, their last and incredibly expensive rort (the spectacularly failed rice scam scheme) is ample evidence of their willingness to steal from the people who entrusted them with their futures. The figures speak for themselves with the losses for this nation being well documented, it will take generations for this country to recover from the greed, nepotism and cronyism that was the accepted norm for far too long.

Their well advised and articulated arguments mean nothing to those who wish to see what was really happening here, if they put as much effort into their actions and roles as public servants as they now put into denying their culpability and guilt then this proud nation would not be facing the huge losses it is having to deal with.

Yes the present administration is neither perfect or preferred, but it is there for a reason. It is there because the country was being financially raped and pillaged by an established elite without conscience, an established elite who still see it as their right to feed at the public trough of plenty without hindrance or regret. They stepped in to take control because this country was headed for a financial precipice that would have left it bankrupt and isolated, the grand architect's continued self imposed exile from justice is ample evidence of his involvement and guilt, only the most naive or indoctrinated would see it any other way.

The present administration should not only continue with their present programmed of reform they should accelerate and extend it, there should be no tolerance for corruption, nepotism and cronyism, this country has seen enough of that to last it for several generations.

The way forward to should be only about cleansing and improvement, this country deserves no less...

The previous administration twisted and corrupted the basic principles of democracy to suit their own agenda, their last and incredibly expensive rort (the spectacularly failed rice scam scheme) is ample evidence of their willingness to steal from the people who entrusted them with their futures. The figures speak for themselves with the losses for this nation being well documented, it will take generations for this country to recover from the greed, nepotism and cronyism that was the accepted norm for far too long

It is there because the country was being financially raped and pillaged by an established elite

As yet, virtually no one in the PTP higher echelons is up for theft from the rice scheme. Surely if it was feasible to do so, they would get them all now under the Junta and get it done. If the theft is so obvious, why can't anyone pin anyone on it. Yingluck is up for dereliction of duty not corruption. As for your rant about established elites, the reds are the new money on the block, the Dems are the old money. The old established elites have been charging you 30 baht to print your bank statement and even to transfer your money within provinces for decades. They dominate every significant business in the country. The PTP/TRT bunch were new money in one generation coming to Bangkok severely threatening the established elite business groups.

You are so incredibly naive about who is who in Thailand, the business connections in politics and with whom is allied. Why perchance, did the very first protest from the PAD involve a family member from the Bangok Bank family just a few weeks after the granting of the first new banking license in decaded to Land and House Bank, stauch TRT at the time. Rumour was the L+H Bank was going to partner with Citibank to provide hi-street banking services.......These coups weren't put in place to save the country from Thaksin. They occured to save entrenched businesses from having some new boys on the block they probably couldn't have survived against.

This is not some story of the TRT boys being so incredibly evil and the others being whiter than white. They old money has been granted protected business rights years ago, and they will not let the new money boys onto their patch at any cost.

So leave it out with the reds stole the country nonsense, and the country will never return to the same for generations. Debt to GDP is under 50% and the country isn't about to collapse. That is, unless this infernal junta doesn't get its arse in gear, start trying to reform the business sectors to get them moving, actually spend its agreed budget and get on and form a constitution that is acceptable to the people and the country can get back to some form of democracy, which is infinitely better than having men in green lecturing and posturing and achieving little or nothing.

She could have chosen any career and been successful. She is attractive and charismatic, and smart enough for most lines of work. When her brother, a convicted criminal, twisted her arm into running for PM as his replacement, little jingly alarm bells should have been ringing in her head. When the emails arrived telling her to get him an amnesty and new passports and lay the preparations for his glorious comeback, she should have said no, three times.

I'm sure that if I met her in a business setting, I would like her. She should have pursued that line of work instead. I don't think she is a bad person at all, but she made some huge and snowballing mistakes because of her misplaced loyalty to her brother, an unsurpassed corrupting influence.

The only business positions she was in were those that were inconsequential figure head ones that were handed to her by her brother in his own companies. She did not excel in any of the superfluous boss positions she was handed, including the last one being Prime Minister.

Nice to see Thailand's first elected female former PM/DM back and in such fine form, showing her acute command of the principles of Thai Law influenced by her keen sense of fair play, justice, ethics and morals.

A breath of fresh air and clearly just waiting for the next election to lead her party to victory and once again lead the country in the democratic and free way she champions so well.

whistling.gif

Indeed and she's right of course and so glad you agree. Yes she champions the 30 baht health care scheme, tablets for schools and the 300 baht minimum wage not bad for Thailand's first female PM

And your wrong on all three points. Never mind the success of the schemes you mention.

Hope she has been informed the modified definition of perjury is no longer applicable.

So the breach of laws are ok as long as it dine by the people you support?

STICH UP is the term that comes to mind.

Funny how you few regular haters are so quiet when things aren't going your way such as the supreme leaders little tantrum speech yesterday that was nothing short of I'm the boss of all of you and you have no rights blabber. Wear were you few then??? All the commitment of a sponge..............

But let the rule of law be followed rather than manipulated.

People did like her, she has a soft way of speaking that appeals. I have to agree with Yunla, she had the ability to bring about a peaceful, and therefor prosperous period in Thailand. Unfortunately her brother chose and appointed her "subordinates" as well as her policies. She still had freedom of choice, she could have said no to the amnesty bill that brought about the fall of her government. A wasted opportunity for her and Thailand.

Nice to see Thailand's first elected female former PM/DM back and in such fine form, showing her acute command of the principles of Thai Law influenced by her keen sense of fair play, justice, ethics and morals.

A breath of fresh air and clearly just waiting for the next election to lead her party to victory and once again lead the country in the democratic and free way she champions so well.

whistling.gif

Indeed and she's right of course and so glad you agree. Yes she champions the 30 baht health care scheme, tablets for schools and the 300 baht minimum wage not bad for Thailand's first female PM

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif my, you missed a lot off that list.

Oh wait, you're serious ?.

What's your day job: picking cherries ?.

So mark had roughly the same time as PM so why don't ya pick a few cherries n tell us what he did for the Thai people?

Wait a sec I got a few cherries for ya man,

under marks government unemployment increased by 63%.

and the budget went into deficit for the first time since 2003.

And his government increased censorship of internet sites.

Yu'p that's quite a legacy isn't it.cheesy.gif

The present administration is there for a reason.

The most significant change is imminent at the very top of this society. Being in control when this change occurs, being in a position to manage it, ensures that the societies essential structure continues as is now, and with that control comes power, which brings access to the nation's assets, and the ability to tap into immense wealth.

That is why the previous administration HAD to be replaced. That is why the present administration is here to stay.

Sounds fair enough to me

Why should she get special treatment? That's the way the judicial system operates in Thailand. There's no pretrial discovery. The parties just show up with their own documents and that's what goes into evidence. She has grounds for appeal when they reform their pretrial discovery, civil and criminal procedure codes. She can wait, but those reforms will probably never come. Its an antiquated justice system - just look at the B2 trial.

“In the trial of a criminal case, the court judge must adhere to the case file of the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) as a principal evidence in proceeding the trial.”

If that is the case, well, I would have to definitely agree that it states pretty clearly what it means, if she is honestly stating the facts of the issue.

Doesn't say you can't bring in more, just at the principal at the beginning, it must proceed from the original case file.

Just saying, that if what she says is the case, what other interpretation could there be?

So what was the total number of pages and witnesses in the NAAC case?

I have no idea.. But let's say that there were 600,000 pages in the NAAC case...

Then it would seem that the principle evidence would have come from NAAC case

Or what if these 60,000 pages are additional information corroborating the principle evidence gathered in the NAAC case

The clause if vague, in a legal sense, so don't fault her lawyer for bringing the issue forward...

But that doesn't mean that her case has merit ...

At this stage of a trial, I am sure the idea is to file as many motions as possible to try and delay and slow down the trial

This is always the defense position... As memories and tempers fade... Witnesses die (even from natural causes or genuine accidents) or move away and can not later be located to testify

Sometimes evidence is lost, damaged or misplaced...

And sometimes if can be delayed enough... The government may change to a more favorable one or in some cases it may delay long enough that the defendant may live out the rest of their lives before the trial / appeals process is finished

Edited by CWMcMurray

She could have chosen any career and been successful. She is attractive and charismatic, and smart enough for most lines of work. When her brother, a convicted criminal, twisted her arm into running for PM as his replacement, little jingly alarm bells should have been ringing in her head. When the emails arrived telling her to get him an amnesty and new passports and lay the preparations for his glorious comeback, she should have said no, three times.

I'm sure that if I met her in a business setting, I would like her. She should have pursued that line of work instead. I don't think she is a bad person at all, but she made some huge and snowballing mistakes because of her misplaced loyalty to her brother, an unsurpassed corrupting influence.

The only business positions she was in were those that were inconsequential figure head ones that were handed to her by her brother in his own companies. She did not excel in any of the superfluous boss positions she was handed, including the last one being Prime Minister.

I wont comment on her time as PM.But as to her role in the Shin conglomerate you are plain wrong.She was thought to be very effective - not very surprising given her superb human skills.

I wont comment on her time as PM.But as to her role in the Shin conglomerate you are plain wrong.She was thought to be very effective - not very surprising given her superb human skills.

Who thought her to be very effective and what evidence do you have of her superb "human" skills, whatever you consider those to be?

The boss's little sister, his eyes and ears, puppet message carrier? Skilled in acting and an accomplished liar? Actually, probably not bad attributes for a politician in most countries.

Who thought her to be very effective and what evidence do you have of her superb "human" skills, whatever you consider those to be?

The boss's little sister, his eyes and ears, puppet message carrier? Skilled in acting and an accomplished liar? Actually, probably not bad attributes for a politician in most countries.

My knowledge of her work at Shin is based on a number of mainly Sino Thai friends experience.She was very effective and certainly not occupying a sinecure.

Her human skills are so obvious it seems unnecessary to go into detail.Some politicians have these.Some don't.if you pointed out her deficiencies of experience or application, I could understand - even agree.But to suggest the whole package is tainted is not facing the truth - namely that she remains the most popular politician in the country.That of course why the Junta is determined to annihilate her influence.

The present administration is there for a reason.

The most significant change is imminent at the very top of this society. Being in control when this change occurs, being in a position to manage it, ensures that the societies essential structure continues as is now, and with that control comes power, which brings access to the nation's assets, and the ability to tap into immense wealth.

That is why the previous administration HAD to be replaced. That is why the present administration is here to stay.

Correct. And is also why the power and controller behind the previous administration was so desperate to keep control and get back in person, free from any legal cases.

Nothing, absolutely nothing to do with democracy, representing the poor or championing the people.

If she has nothing to hide why not hand over the info the court ask for. Now i know she is as guilty as any one in prison. She just became a little to bold and

never thought she would lose her job and get caught in the rice scam and who knows what else!

What utter tosh 'misplaced loyalty to her brother', she was the only one left, all Taksin's other puppets already having been routed, and who was to fill in for him? His spotty little not-yet-of-age son? No little noodle head 'sis' was all he had left. And please don't tell me she did it out of any familial feeling, she got a LOT of shopping and free first class all expenses paid trips abroad on the back of this and a hefty top up of her bank balance to boot. Hubris got her the same as her 'brother'. Beeatch. Just because you don't like the juna (many of us who haven't completely lost the plot don't) does not a Joan of Arc make. Greedy cow.

As an impartial observer it seems that the worst of Yingluck was better than the best of some of the people in power now. A widely held view.

Come off it Prbkk, if you really were an impartial observer you would not have made that comment, and lannaguy would not have "liked" your post ! biggrin.png

As an impartial observer it seems that the worst of Yingluck was better than the best of some of the people in power now. A widely held view.

How can you be impartial with a crack like that ?? A wind up merchant for sure, A wildly held view ?? not on TVF looking at the anti Shin posters your way off your target.

The same the other way---the anti PM posters squealing every day----------on a better run government than before. forget democracy---forget elections---it is actually how it is trying to correct what was wrong.

whistling.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif my, you missed a lot off that list.

Oh wait, you're serious ?.

What's your day job: picking cherries ?.

EnglishJohn-Bearboxer---I think Lanna Guy is Yinglucks Mushroom Manager cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by ginjag

Off topic generalization posts and replies have been removed. This is what the topic is about:

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra today submitted a petition to the Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Holders of Political Offices stating that additional documents filed to the court to support charges upon her in the alleged rice-pledging scheme corruption scandal was unfair.

Come off it Prbkk, if you really were an impartial observer you would not have made that comment, and lannaguy would not have "liked" your post ! biggrin.png

Well she was apparently fairly clueless. Probably very similar or superior to the numpties running the country now.

I don't know why anyone holds any of these people in high esteem. They are rarely self made in Thailand, relying on granted monopolies to gouge the consumers.

I remember paying nearly 1000 usd for a phone when I first got to Thailand. Locked networks and a nice cushy monopoly for many years.

So many others enjoy this lack of competition in other markets. He was fuming when in 97, telecoms reform was included as part of the imf bailout.

Other markets were included too, but amazingly the Democrats never went forward and opened them up. Funny how that happened huh.

If she has nothing to hide why not hand over the info the court ask for. Now i know she is as guilty as any one in prison. She just became a little to bold and

never thought she would lose her job and get caught in the rice scam and who knows what else!

I'm afraid she 'never thought', at all...

Nearly gave you a 'like' on this one, cause you gave me a good laugh! Now that I dried my tears, seriously, you, an 'impartial observer'. Sorry, it starts again, you, and about any TS/YS/PTP/UDD related stuff? L.O.L.