What Are The Odds On Uk Visa?

Ok here's the situation.

Been with girlfriend for 2 1/2 years and expecting to marry later this year in Uk or Thailand.

My Father has dodgy heart and early this year had another op the doctor says it's not a good idea to travel.She has never met my folks although talks to them regular. I would quite simply like her to meet the folks before getting wed and also see my home country.We plan to live in Thailand after.

Don't realy want to marry without them so I want to go back to the uk and mabe do the register office thing there, then a thai wedding back here later in the year.

Have all mails, phonebills, photo's and have travelled to a number of countries in Asia together. She has also worked in Japan and Singapore in the past, Co letters available, also been to see family in Germany.

Documents for freedom to marry in order etc.

We live with her family in Bangkok, she dosn't own house or land yet. I do not work as no need to, my financial situation is stable. I am on tourist multiple visa. She has not had a salary job since 2000, before that her job was management for Robinsons.She works but cannot declare,(sells clothes in a market stall). Finances on my side no problem.

Is a fiancee visa or visitors visa a viable option ? as a lot of people here seem to be getting knocked back.

Any added suggestions guys? what are the odds ? I reckon on 50% judging by other mails. :o

Ok here's the situation.

Been with girlfriend for 2 1/2 years and expecting to marry later this year in Uk or Thailand.

My Father has dodgy heart and early this year had another op the doctor says it's not a good idea to travel.She has never met my folks although talks to them regular. I would quite simply like her to meet the folks before getting wed and also see my home country.We plan to live in Thailand after.

Don't realy want to marry without them so I want to go back to the uk and mabe do the register office thing there, then a thai wedding back here later in the year.

Have all mails, phonebills, photo's and have travelled to a number of countries in Asia together. She has also worked in Japan and Singapore in the past, Co letters available, also been to see family in Germany.

Documents for freedom to marry in order etc.

We live with her family in Bangkok, she dosn't own house or land yet. I do not work as no need to, my financial situation is stable. I am on tourist multiple visa. She has not had a salary job since 2000, before that her job was management for Robinsons.She works but cannot declare,(sells clothes in a market stall). Finances on my side no problem.

Is a fiancee visa or visitors visa a viable option ? as a lot of people here seem to be getting knocked back.

Any added suggestions guys? what are the odds ? I reckon on 50% judging by other mails. :o

2 1/2 years ... all paperwork in hand ... and evidence of the de facto relationship --- and your financial stability ... hold you in good stead. A letter from your dads doctor might help. What work did she do abroad ? Take her and go on into the Embassy and discuss your visa needs. What period of stay are you looking at ?

Go for the fiancee visa , you can't marry in the Uk on a visitors visa anymore

(AFAIK).

The success rate depends on your documentation, how convincing your gf is, the fact that she has travelled to and returned from other countries is a plus.

Basically the ECO needs to be convinced that your gf will return to Thailand ( if a visitors visa) or that the relationship is genuine if a fiancee visa. They won't be interested in your plans to return to Thailand, only hers.

G'luck :o

Thanx Conobot I was not aware of the tourist visa and unable to marry in the uk situation. Thats an eye opener for sure.

Constructive as always Dr PP thank you. A letter from fathers doc is already on it's way plus a letter from parents in way of explanation. The work in Japan was exhibition stand management and Singaore as a rep. Everything else has been short breaks with me apart from visiting family in Germany. Time period will depend on parents health realy and from what Chonobot says it seems like a fiancee visa is the only sensible option. Either that or a quickie wedding which i'd rather not do as i'm a bit old fashion.

At 19,500 bht it's not cheap but thats not a real problem. The only concern there is will they keep the money ? They say all applications are non-refundable.

It's a lot of money to just give them if they refuse and seems unreasonable at that amount. :o

englishoak

i got a visa 18 months ago with the same papers that you have.

please don,t hand over 19500 bht you don't need to.

visa applications are under 3000 bht by law at the brit embassy, the companies that guarantee visas for that money are full of shit, i obtained my girlfriends visa on the same documentation as you, also 2 other friends have also been successful.

from one englishbloke to one englishoak.

DaveThailand cheers mate :o

Mabe you got the wrong impression. The british embassy fee for settlement visa ie: fiancee or spouse is 19,500 bht and it clearly states visa applications are non refundable.

As to the companies offering visa service it's not for me.

By the way what visa did you go for?

englishoak,

sorry mate i'm a bit pissed i did'nt know the embassy charged that.

when we went back to the uk 18 months back she got a standard 1 month tourist visa valid for 6 months.

as i've heard now, because i'm now married, a friend told me, they would only give his wife a settlement visa.

i'm also confused now as when we go to england next month it would only be for 2-3 weeks as i live in pattaya now, as far as i'm concerned she does'nt need a settlement visa.

from what you've stated its sounds like you have enough for a successful application. (don't hold me to that because some of the brits in the embassy are a bit rude, and will make your partner feel like s**t, (but if they think its valid they will give it, after all its they're job, they will just try to test your relationship, if you've both got nothing to hide then you've both got nothing to be caught out on. good luck mate.

DaveThailand

I'm certain you only need a tourist visa mate, And as your wife has already been to uk and back you are almost a dead cert ( but don't quote me) for a yes. Good luck !

We have nothing to hide but it seems that the uk gov is more interested in grilling uk residents g/f spouses and blowing us off than they are dealing with real problems in the uk's immigration/asylum situation.

It pisses me off they give more help to someone hiding under a truck than they do to a geuine applicant at one of thier own embassy's. And as for the sponsor not being allowed to sit in thats just pathetic.

I have no fears as my girl speaks and write's almost perfect English. But I do think that for 19.500 bht as i'm involved and will be a key part of any support in the uk I should at least have the right to be present. :o but mabe a fellow brit present is just what they fear most ?

ahhh thats better a rant does go a long way and is second only to a good massage :D

DaveThailand

I'm certain you only need a tourist visa mate, And as your wife has already been to uk and back you are almost a dead cert ( but don't quote me) for a yes. Good luck !

We have nothing to hide but it seems that the uk gov is more interested in grilling uk residents g/f spouses and blowing us off than they are dealing with real problems in the uk's immigration/asylum situation.

It pisses me off they give more help to someone hiding under a truck than they do to a geuine applicant at one of thier own embassy's. And as for the sponsor not being allowed to sit in thats just pathetic.

I have no fears as my girl speaks and write's almost perfect English. But I do think that for 19.500 bht as i'm involved and will be a key part of any support in the uk I should at least have the right to be present. :o but mabe a fellow brit present is just what they fear most ?

ahhh thats better a rant does go a long way and is second only to a good massage :D

Oakie....the massage feels better and is a heap cheaper too. Good luck with it all. It does sound as though your preparation is on track.