Officials still not conclude responsible group behind Bangkok blast

webfact

Officials still not conclude responsible group behind Bangkok blast

BANGKOK, 27 August 2015 (NNT) – The authorities still have specified which particular group was behind the bombing incident at Ratchaprasong intersection, while the subsidy for victims will be adjusted by the MOTS, the NCPO Spokesman says.

The National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) Spokesman Col Winthai Suwaree has revealed on a televised broadcast on the current progress of investigation for the bombing incident at Ratchaprasong Intersection in Bangkok, stressing that the international community still has confidence in Thailand’s security management, and Thailand still remains a tourism destination.

He said regarding the process of capturing the suspect, that officials are proceeding this matter but still have not targeted any specific group to be behind the incident. He asked the public to follow news and information from domestic sources, as some foreign media misrepresent this issue with personal comments or with inadequate references, which could cause confusion.

On this issue, the Ministry of Tourism and Sports (MOTS) will be discussing with the related agencies tomorrow on the adjustment of the subsidy money provided to victims of this incident, to go in line with the current situation, while the payment process of the subsidy for 20 casualties have been carried out in its entirety.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-08-27 footer_n.gif

I still wouldn't be surprised if someone paid a young newbie bomb maker to do the usual scare (more bark than bite) bomb. But after this guy was a tad overzealous and killed all these people, everyone involved is in hiding and will keep quiet. I doubt anyone will claim it. If it was a real bad group like ISIS or Al Qaeda, they would have claimed it immediately with a video message.

Edited by FireMedic

I am inclined to think it is the Grey Wolves group from Turkey,linked to the Ouighour deportation...

And who are these "Ouighours" then?

Are you answer e only for the way i wrote Ouighour?

Sorry I am not english and i don t knopw the exact spelling in english ...and i don t care...

So just keep yourself together, copy and past grey wolves and Ouighour (or whatever the spelling) and look at the foreign media...

Prayouth wants so much to have a red signature that he even told the media to not take into account the deportation event....

"He asked the public to follow news and information from domestic sources, as some foreign media misrepresent this issue with personal comments or with inadequate references, which could cause confusion."

People will have to go to foreign sources for their daily humor about the police investigation, because Somyot didn't open his mouth today. As Somyot edges further towards retirement, the public will need alternatives. After all, aside from NNT's horrific English,

"Officials still not conclude responsible group behind Bangkok blast"
"The authorities still have specified which particular group was behind the bombing incident at Ratchaprasong intersection"
where's the fun if NCPO is just going to tell us every day that they don't have a clue who the bomber is.

I am inclined to think it is the Grey Wolves group from Turkey,linked to the Ouighour deportation...

Sorry I am not english and i don t knopw the exact spelling in english ...and i don t care...

So just keep yourself together, copy and past grey wolves and Ouighour (or whatever the spelling) and look at the foreign media...

Prayouth wants so much to have a red signature that he even told the media to not take into account the deportation event....

I've seen 2 spellings for it: Uyghurs or Uighurs, but "ouighour" is consistent with the way it is pronounced. Grey wolves aren't Uighurs, but I guess people are trying to connect this terrorist organization to the Uighur cause.

I've seen 2 spellings for it: Uyghurs or Uighurs, but "ouighour" is consistent with the way it is pronounced. Grey wolves aren't Uighurs, but I guess people are trying to connect this terrorist organization to the Uighur cause.

yes it is the french spelling...

The grey wolves are not linked to them officialy, however the thai media not spoke a lot about the thai embassy in turkey which was damaged after this deportation...

If you read the history of the Grey Wolves group you can see some hints however that it is not a wrong idea they may be behind this...

"He asked the public to follow news and information from domestic sources, as some foreign media misrepresent this issue with personal comments or with inadequate references, which could cause confusion."

People will have to go to foreign sources for their daily humor about the police investigation, because Somyot didn't open his mouth today. As Somyot edges further towards retirement, the public will need alternatives. After all, aside from NNT's horrific English,

"Officials still not conclude responsible group behind Bangkok blast"

"The authorities still have specified which particular group was behind the bombing incident at Ratchaprasong intersection"

where's the fun if NCPO is just going to tell us every day that they don't have a clue who the bomber is.

Cause confusion, the BIB certainly don't need foreign newspapers to cause confusion, it is currently in the hands of the experts. The beauty of it is a new funny story everyday and it comes free without even having to ask for it.

''He asked the public to follow news and information from domestic sources, as some foreign media misrepresent this issue with personal comments or with inadequate references, which could cause confusion.''

You just can't make this stuff up..........

''He asked the public to follow news and information from domestic sources, as some foreign media misrepresent this issue with personal comments or with inadequate references, which could cause confusion.''

You don't have to, it comes naturally to some.

The grey wolves are not linked to them officialy, however the thai media not spoke a lot about the thai embassy in turkey which was damaged after this deportation...

If you read the history of the Grey Wolves group you can see some hints however that it is not a wrong idea they may be behind this...

There has been no talk of an attack on a Thai embassy in Thailand because there was no attack.

You are repeating factually incorrect information.

A Thai honorary consulate was vandalized by Turkish protestors.

There is a big difference. Honorary consuls do not have the same security as an embassy. As unpleasant as the event was, no one was physically injured and it wasn't as if this was a rare event. Embassies around the world have frequently been the location of nasty protests. In France the US embassy has frequently been the location of extremely violent confrontations. Farmer protests in France cause significantly more damage.

The bombing could just as easily have been the result of a commercial dispute. In Thailand, the organized crime gangs think nothing of bombings and killing people. Remember the recent Koh Samui bombing? Wasn't that supposed to have been a red shirt initiated event? Then it was an Islamic jihadi event. We were promised an explanation and facts. Nothing happened. It turns out that the koh Samui bombing was a commercial/labour dispute. As it did not fit the political agenda, the powers that be have not said anything more on the matter.

Well then my bad...

However i don t see any commercial dispute around a public place like Erawan.

However as you say it mat be anyrhing, but rulling out the turkish trail even if the police has no proof it cannot be them is a bit suspicious... Prayouth ansolutly want it to be a red cause which would deserve him much more than the Ouighur: Chinese tourists would run away, Chinese officials would harshly criticize the police and the government...

If the bombing was related to Thailand's deportation of Uighurs back to China, I would expect suspects are also themselves related to the Uighurs, perhaps even to the Uighurs who were deported.

Given CCP's history of harsh collective punishment of the Uighur population, it would be more detrimental to Uighurs in China and specifically to the Thai deported Uighurs, to claim credit for what would be a revenge or retaliation bombing.

I don't think Zhang Chunxian, Xinjiang's party secretary, would hesitate to terminate the Thai deported Uighurs in Chinese custody as a means to retaliate against Uighurs as a whole:

"We must take the initiative to brandish the sword, take the offensive and comprehensively attack."

Apparently he did.

"stressing that the international community still has confidence in Thailand’s security management"

And do you have any documentation to back this up? Nobody in Thailand or anywhere else in the world think that the BIB are even remotely capable of managing Thailand's security.

I would have an easier time believing something a banker told me.

There has been no talk of an attack on a Thai embassy in Thailand because there was no attack.

You are repeating factually incorrect information.

A Thai honorary consulate was vandalized by Turkish protestors.

There is a big difference. Honorary consuls do not have the same security as an embassy. As unpleasant as the event was, no one was physically injured and it wasn't as if this was a rare event. Embassies around the world have frequently been the location of nasty protests. In France the US embassy has frequently been the location of extremely violent confrontations. Farmer protests in France cause significantly more damage.

The bombing could just as easily have been the result of a commercial dispute. In Thailand, the organized crime gangs think nothing of bombings and killing people. Remember the recent Koh Samui bombing? Wasn't that supposed to have been a red shirt initiated event? Then it was an Islamic jihadi event. We were promised an explanation and facts. Nothing happened. It turns out that the koh Samui bombing was a commercial/labour dispute. As it did not fit the political agenda, the powers that be have not said anything more on the matter.

You are begging the question. The Thai consulate was stormed by 200 very irate people, who did as much damage as they could before the authorities arrived.

Many people have good reason to believe it was retaliation for the kidnapped, hooded and deported Uighers.

Further Chinese citizens were attacked in Istanbul during the flare up, and seriously injured.

TNT and plastique are not low grade pipe bombs made by illiterate workers in Timbuktu.

This is high grade, well planned, intelligent nastiness.

The man on the CCTV does not look ASEAN at all.

Five years ago, an Iranian tossed bombs at vehicles and blew his own legs off in what many consider to be the Stupid Jihadist Trick of the Year.

The dreaded Them are in Thailand.

I still wouldn't be surprised if someone paid a young newbie bomb maker to do the usual scare (more bark than bite) bomb. But after this guy was a tad overzealous and killed all these people, everyone involved is in hiding and will keep quiet. I doubt anyone will claim it. If it was a real bad group like ISIS or Al Qaeda, they would have claimed it immediately with a video message.

"If it was a real bad group like ISIS or Al Qaeda, ..."

As opposed to the not really all that bad bombers or weekend terrorists or a diasaffected splinter faction of the Girl Guides??

"I still wouldn't be surprised ..."

After reading the speculative wisdom posted on TV over the years, one's ability to be surprised no longer exists.