Chiang Mai Immigration: Queue Online Visa Extension Service

Why wouldn't anyone give me a link to a government database? It's not like foreigners don't own hotels or guest houses?

This is the procedures for a business (hotel/guest house) to obtain permission to submit online guest registration. It is a database application that they use to submit the information to immigration and not an open website so of course you won't find an internet site for this. Note the requirement to supply immigration with a CD which will contain the application and registration codes.

Registration by businesses via Internet. Prepare the documents
  1. Business license or signed copy of business registration confirmation
  2. Letter of authorisation to conduct the registration via internet
  3. Copy of ID card of person giving authorisation and authorised person
  4. Fill in the form provided by the officer (download)
  5. 1 empty compact disk (CD)
Hand over the complete documents to the officer in charge.
  • The officer examines the documents.
The officer announces the result of the examination.
  • If documents are incomplete, the business owner is notified.
  • If documents are complete, the officer in charge accepts the registration. The registration code is sent to the business by mail or e-mail as indicated by the business owner, together with record forms.

Immigration

This would also be true for everyone housing a foreigner. I think it is a good idea. But I've never met anyone who does it. I've never seen any examples of a wife or mother or hotel clerk submitting this data with a cd. Have you?

This would also be true for everyone housing a foreigner. I think it is a good idea. But I've never met anyone who does it. I've never seen any examples of a wife or mother or hotel clerk submitting this data with a cd. Have you?

No, it is only for a formal licensed business. Rentals, except perhaps condos, do not qualify for the online reporting and have to do it manually - as does a friend or family one may stay with. As for hotels, the CD has an application that is most likely installed on their computer along with the supplied registration number of the business and unlikely you will actually see them entering the information but when checking in you are required to supply your passport information. When they enter it I wouldn't know. Perhaps not when each individual guest is registering but enter all the guests at a certain time of day and send en masse to immigration.

lostoday

"This is the procedures for a business (hotel/guest house) to obtain permission to submit online guest registration"

What is so difficult to understand?

The on line reporting system is ONLY available to qualifying Businesses ! Reports are made by Businesses ON-LINE not via a CD!

The system is in use. A friend of mine who owns a hotel business has one of his front desk employees enter new guests details on the system every day !

Yes I have seen the system being used !

Wives and Mothers do not qualify for access to the system.!

Edited by nowretired

While one can only sympathise with all those falangs suffering at the hands of Chiang Mai immigration, directing their legitimate complains at Thai Visa is unlikely to bring about improvements.

The hot air needs to be blown in a different direction.

The current administration has shown itself keen to ensure Thai police of all complexions do their job efficiently. With this in mind, why don't the dissatisfied customers on Thai Visa direct their complaints directly to the boss of their local immigration office?

If their grievances fall on deaf ears, they should kick the matter upstairs and enlist the help of the Bangkok Post and other English language papers in exposing yet another example of bureaucracy and inefficiency tarnishing the Kingdom's international image.

(Notice I haven't recommended getting their respective embassies to take up cudgels on their behalf. No prizes for guessing why).

lostoday

"This is the procedures for a business (hotel/guest house) to obtain permission to submit online guest registration"

The on line reporting system is ONLY available to qualifying Businesses ! Reports are made by Businesses ON-LINE not via a CD!

The system is in use. A friend of mine who owns a hotel business has one of his front desk employees enter new guests details on the system every day !

If I understand what you are saying there is a website where this information is downloaded to one Thai government department?

25 million tourists per year and given a number of hotel changes that is roughly 4 million hours of data entry work.

Do you see why I find it difficult to understand?

lostoday

If I understand what you are saying there is a website where this information is downloaded to one Thai government department?

25 million tourists per year and given a number of hotel changes that is roughly 4 million hours of data entry work.

I know nothing about the technical detail of the system only that it exists and is used !

lostoday

Do you find it difficult to understand that you've taken this thread way off topic?

• Like 1

lostoday

Do you find it difficult to understand that you've taken this thread way off topic?

A poster above asked, "Is my wife supposed to fill out a TM30 on me even thought I have a valid Foreign Tabian Baan (Yellow Book);

also

If renting, I thought it was the Rentor who was responsible for filing a TM30, not the Rentee. If that is the case, then why are Rentee's being harassed by Thai Immigration."

I answered. I guess I should not try and be nice and answer a question. I should have reported his post as being off topic. You're right. wai2.gif I stand corrected.

• Like 1

No, it is only for a formal licensed business. Rentals, except perhaps condos, do not qualify for the online reporting and have to do it manually - as does a friend or family one may stay with. As for hotels, the CD has an application that is most likely installed on their computer along with the supplied registration number of the business and unlikely you will actually see them entering the information but when checking in you are required to supply your passport information. When they enter it I wouldn't know. Perhaps not when each individual guest is registering but enter all the guests at a certain time of day and send en masse to immigration.

Tywais,

Do you have any idea where my wife would send a TM30 to CM Immigration. Same address as the 90 day report or is there somewhere else.

Anyone who's has a Thai wife, Thai Husband, or Thai girlfriend and has sent in a TM30 for their partner, please, please, please feel free to add comments/suggestions/info.

Thanks,

TotallyConfusedInThailand

Edited by connda

lostoday

A poster above asked, "Is my wife supposed to fill out a TM30 on me even thought I have a valid Foreign Tabian Baan (Yellow Book);

also

If renting, I thought it was the Rentor who was responsible for filing a TM30, not the Rentee. If that is the case, then why are Rentee's being harassed by Thai Immigration."

I answered. I guess I should not try and be nice and answer a question. I should have reported his post as being off topic. You're right. wai2.gif I stand corrected.

And I was just responding to Post #3 by NancyL regarding the TM30. So the topic branched this direction very early on. She has been doing an outstanding job of trying to keep CM TV members informed of a broad array of irregularities that have been happening since the inception of the new Promenade Immigration Office and the split of service between two different locations.

It may seem off-topic, but these new immigration issues are interrelated. Well, imho.

Edited by connda

Tywais,

Do you have any idea where my wife would send a TM30 to CM Immigration. Same address as the 90 day report or is there somewhere else.

There is so much confusion going on right now I'm getting a bit lost also. I just looked at the TM30 form and it just says your local immigration office or police if no immigration office in your area. Hopefully someone will come along with actual experience doing it rather than supposition.

• Like 2

^^^ Where has it been stated or written that the foreigner/renter is responsible for the TM 30 being filed?...

If the landlord is not cooperative, may one put a gun to his head? Just a little encouragement.

^^^ Where has it been stated or written that the foreigner/renter is responsible for the TM 30 being filed?...

I read it on Thai Visa. I'm sure someone can tell you where it was written. A poster wrote that immigration collected a fine for not having filed a TM 30 form.

Edited by lostoday

There is a desk at Imm. Prom. with a sign indicating it's for Housemasters to file the form for notice of a foreigner living at their residence. Of course, that desk isn't very busy and normally the officer staffing it helps out at the 90 day report desk located next to it.

Very true. When I was recently at Prom, I was (kept) there from 10:30 until 5:30pm and noticed only one person (actually, it was a couple) at the Housemaster desk. Mind you, I went walkabouts a few times to ease the stiffening leg muscles, so maybe there was more activity.

When we moved to our area, way outside of CM, about 7 years ago, we took the TM30 to our local police station. They had absolutely no idea what it was or what to do with it, but stamped it anyway.

I doubt the info was ever filed by the police to CM Immi - and I just hope that we're covered, when/if Immi call us out. And yes, we have photocopies of the stamped document, too.....

This morning I see there are small headlines in the newspapers, saying that Mr. Prayuth has declared that there's no place in the government for corruption....................meh.............and again, meh.

There is a desk at Imm. Prom. with a sign indicating it's for Housemasters to file the form for notice of a foreigner living at their residence. Of course, that desk isn't very busy and normally the officer staffing it helps out at the 90 day report desk located next to it.

Is the sign in English and Thai or just Thai? Is it part of Thai immigration or the agent?

Definitely in English - and in very big letters, too. At present, the desk is just inside the door, on the right and easily visible from outside (if no window glare...).

I assume 99% of the housemasters would be Thai. I wonder why the sign is in English?

Probably ALSO in Thai - but I admit I wasn't paying that much attention, being at the Prom for a completely different reason.

And to answer some other members' questions (maybe replied to already),

YES, there was 27th August 2015 still only one I/O doing retirement extensions.

NO, there's (apparently) no fixed waiting time to get your stamped and signed passport back. Sometimes after an hour or two - sometimes after MANY hours.

Obviously, for 90 days you get your PP at once.......

CHECK the info you're given by the outside desk staff, yourself, as even THEY are not always 100% sure about every detail. This from experience. Too, would be better if they stopped the hordes of other people butting in while they're trying to check your docs. A proper Q-system at the outside desk would definitely be great.

Edited by scooterboy
  • Like 1