Checking Under Motorbike Seats at Central Festival

Qman

Went to Central Festival about 5:30 and the security staff were stopping all motorbikes entering the underground parking area and looking under the seats before letting you park the motorbike. First time I have seen this and expect it must be a step up in security due to the recent events in Bangkok. Also was looking for a rubbish bin and it was hard to find one. Again, maybe taking away places you can deposit something dangerous. I did not see if they were also inspecting cars or people entering from the street.

never let them put thier hands in it

open and take out what they want.

They've been checking motorcycles for bombs at Central since August 17. They used to do this many years ago at Royal Garden Plaza, but had stopped in more recent years.

If you present your open boot, they have a right to touch anything they want. It would be part of your condition of entry. No check - no enter. I know if I was checking for bombs and the owner started passing stuff to me I'd be more suspicious.

To really check a car for hidden explosives could take quite a while, so their check is not very thorough and pretty much a waste of time. All they are achieving is teaching would be bombers the best place to hide a bomb.

Royal Garden had the poor bugger with the mirror-on-a-stick also placing a cone in front, apologizing for the delay, walking round, looking in the boot/trunk and then moving the cone so the car can get to the ticket booth... then he places the cone in front of the next car, etc...

At Central, they have a quick look down one side with the mirror-on-a-stick but don't hold you up.

How are they doing at Bangkok airport parking these days?

Well I guess the two main targets in Pattaya would be Cental Festival and Walking St.

I don't think you could have any security in Walking St that would really work and you would certainly guarantee a big fatality toll there.

Having said all that Bangkok still brings the bigger headlines so would imagine it would still be the premier target for any terrorists.

Been doing it at Central Samui for months now. Started after the bombing there.

Yes, they have. The stupid part is, they check the motorbikes but not back packs. Every time I go, perhaps once or twice a week, they never ask to look in my back pack which is the perfect place for a bomb. Bigger than the helmet space on a motorbike. Keystone Kops! facepalm.gifcoffee1.gif

Been doing it at Central Samui for months now. Started after the bombing there.

Yes, they have. The stupid part is, they check the motorbikes but not back packs. Every time I go, perhaps once or twice a week, they never ask to look in my back pack which is the perfect place for a bomb. Bigger than the helmet space on a motorbike. Keystone Kops! facepalm.gifcoffee1.gif

Yes, the security staff teach would be bombers the best place to put bombs. I wouldn't be difficult.

Yes, they wanted to check my car boot yesterday but I don't think they knew what they were checking for. Opened the boot and the guy looked inside and closed the boot lid. Nobody was interested in the bag full of "stuff" that was sitting on the back seat in plain view.facepalm.gif Capek Deh as they say in Bali.

It is high time we all had our retinas scanned. People "known to be activists" would never get to where they want to carry out their carnage.

I am not a criminal, I have no desire to be one, I have ethics, values and standards of humanity I uphold. Why should the majority like me suffer at the hands of the few?

Let's get real on this globally, why has my passport got some form of chip in it ? I don't even know what the info is ? This chip does not stop bad guys getting around the planet though, so why did they ever bother with it ?

I would pay double for special ID badge / passport if it meant I did not have to queue endlessly and drag all my hand baggage out every time, take off my belt and shoes and be scanned with deadly rays - It would be a badge of honour showing the rest of the world you are a normal law abiding person.

Just flash the pass or stare into a scanner for a few seconds and on my way......It will never happen...civil liberties blah blah blah...then more dead on a street/mall/cinema/aeroplane/train/street market/beach/tourist attraction.....

It is high time we all had our retinas scanned. People "known to be activists" would never get to where they want to carry out their carnage.

I am not a criminal, I have no desire to be one, I have ethics, values and standards of humanity I uphold. Why should the majority like me suffer at the hands of the few?

Let's get real on this globally, why has my passport got some form of chip in it ? I don't even know what the info is ? This chip does not stop bad guys getting around the planet though, so why did they ever bother with it ?

I would pay double for special ID badge / passport if it meant I did not have to queue endlessly and drag all my hand baggage out every time, take off my belt and shoes and be scanned with deadly rays - It would be a badge of honour showing the rest of the world you are a normal law abiding person.

Just flash the pass or stare into a scanner for a few seconds and on my way......It will never happen...civil liberties blah blah blah...then more dead on a street/mall/cinema/aeroplane/train/street market/beach/tourist attraction.....

Hope you never get in charge.

Edited by onemorechang

never let them put thier hands in it

open and take out what they want.

They've been checking motorcycles for bombs at Central since August 17. They used to do this many years ago at Royal Garden Plaza, but had stopped in more recent years.

If you present your open boot, they have a right to touch anything they want. It would be part of your condition of entry. No check - no enter. I know if I was checking for bombs and the owner started passing stuff to me I'd be more suspicious.

To really check a car for hidden explosives could take quite a while, so their check is not very thorough and pretty much a waste of time. All they are achieving is teaching would be bombers the best place to hide a bomb.

Camp (Fort) Arifjan Kuwait.

They hired the most retarded folks they could find for security guards.

I was running lots of logistics = on & off the base a few times a day.

What a PAIN!

I recall them running a mirror-stick around my ride in many places in Pattaya 15 years ago.