Thai authorities expedite elimination of illegal fishing to avert EU seafood ban

webfact

Authorities expedite elimination of illegal fishing to avert EU seafood ban

NAKHON SI THAMMARAT, 28 August 2015 (NNT) – The Deputy National Police Chief has paid a visit to Nakhon Si Thammarat to inspect the local fishery situation while the Navy Chief is adamant the European Union will not ban Thai seafood products.

Deputy National Police Chief Pol Gen Ek Angsananont visited fishery workers and operators in Sichon district of Nakhon Si Thammarat in order to listen to their problems. He also chaired a meeting with officials at the port-in port-out control center within the Coastal Fisheries Research and Development Center of the province.

The port-in port-out control center is an important agency for preventing illegal activities in the fishery sector, including the use of prohibited equipment and illegal workers.

Meanwhile, Commander-in-Chief of the Royal Thai Navy Adm Kraisorn Chansuvanich revealed that a letter will be sent to the EU by the end of this month to report the progress of Thailand’s fight against illegal fishing.

Furthermore, in the middle of September, Thai delegates will be sent to discuss the matter with EU representatives before they make a visit to Thailand in October to evaluate the situation. The Navy Chief expressed confidence that no red card will be issued against Thailand.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-08-28 footer_n.gif

There's a New York Times article that goes into great detail on the subject of slaves in the fishing industry here. I don't think a trip to the UK to butter up the regulators is going to suffice. It's time to do the right thing.

There's a New York Times article that goes into great detail on the subject of slaves in the fishing industry here. I don't think a trip to the UK to butter up the regulators is going to suffice. It's time to do the right thing.

They will go to the UK and talk about all they have been doing with new laws and checks planned. But it should be a wasted trip and a waste of taxpayers money because the UK and most everyone do not listen to lip service. Actions speak louder and Thais only take action for a short time and only when it is a last resort.

They will go to the UK and talk about all they have been doing with new laws and checks planned. But it should be a wasted trip and a waste of taxpayers money because the UK and most everyone do not listen to lip service. Actions speak louder and Thais only take action for a short time and only when it is a last resort.

The UK no lip service cheesy.gif

They did not want to give the report about the Ko Tao findings to the defendants because they had an agreement with the Thais. They sacrifice true justice for two of their own citizens for the relations with Thailand and you think they don't do any lip service.

Sorry but after that shocking news I kinda lost fate in the UK backbone. (I really had expected them to release the report why else send people to Thailand to investigate)

Edited by robblok

Furthermore, in the middle of September, Thai delegates will be sent to discuss the matter with EU representatives before they make a visit to Thailand in October to evaluate the situation.

-----------------------

It's called 'getting your retaliation in first

-----------------------

The Navy Chief expressed confidence that no red card will be issued against Thailand.
-----------------------
It's called wishful thinking. It could work. After all, every good Thai knows that all foreigners are all stupid and backward.

The UK no lip service cheesy.gif

They did not want to give the report about the Ko Tao findings to the defendants because they had an agreement with the Thais. They sacrifice true justice for two of their own citizens for the relations with Thailand and you think they don't do any lip service.

Sorry but after that shocking news I kinda lost fate in the UK backbone. (I really had expected them to release the report why else send people to Thailand to investigate)

You are way off topic