Deciding between the 15in and 13inch macbook pro

dsurin66

my old macbook pro is on its last legs. Im about to buy a new macbook pro with retina. I currently have the 15inch but find it a bit heavy. Im thinking of opting for a 13 inch this time.

If you have a 13 inch and have any regrets can you share your thoughts. I presume that when I open up any program (ie chrome, word etc) that the size of the font is still normal (if I were to be using a 15 inch).

cheers

I had (have) the 13" MBP Retina Screen... However, I cracked the screen while closing it on a pen.. (stupid I know, I was paying attention to my son at the time).

After visiting Fortune Town, I couldn't find a place who had the spare parts to replace the screen.

The Mac Service centre quoted 16,500 baht and 2 weeks for the repair (it would be sent to Singapore).

I therefore chose to Purchase the New MacBook - it is less powerful than the MacBookPro (I haven't noticed any issue yet).

I now have to fix and sell my MacBookPro Retina - Or sell it with a broken screen and someone else can fix it.

Anyway - my Point: Any of the Range are excellent computers - The New MacBook, The MacBookAir and the MacBookPro.

If you are a heavy user (i.e. video editing and gaming) then the MacBookPro is needed - otherwise the Air and MacBook are great especially if travelling around frequently.

Regarding font sizes etc - the 15" Vs 13" there is very little difference in font sizes.

I just replaced my 2012 15 inch MacBook Pro with the new 15 inch MacBook Pro with the Retina screen and the Force Touch trackpad. The new one is slimmer and seems lighter. It has less disk space as I went from 500 GB hard drive to 250 GB SSD. In my case I can't imagine being happy with a smaller screen or keyboard. I'd say you need to check out both in person before deciding. The only thing that is disappointing is that the Kensington lock slot is gone, probably due to it being so slim.

what is ''Kensington lock slot ''

Small hole somewhere on most laptops, about the same size as a grain of rice. it's used for securely locking.tethering your laptop to the desk do that it cannot be stolen.

I even Googled for you :(

https://www.google.com/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1920&bih=971&q=kensington+lock&oq=kensin&gs_l=img.3.6.0l10.1555.2904.0.6571.6.6.0.0.0.0.119.457.4j1.5.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..1.5.457.GI6ES79rWog