Digital TV in pattaya

stud858

Hi, just wanted to introduce this topic to help people with TV reception and to ask for some help.

Help me please. My TV Provision does not have a manual setting for time and date setting and instead gets it from the cable signal, much like mobile phones can get time and date from the network automatically. I can check that the region is indeed set to Bangkok +7.

So anyways, the time sent along the cable is wrong by 1.5 hrs. I've been to Sophon TV office twice and they understand there is the problem as I have showed them on their own set top box for automatic time setting, but unfortunately no action has been taken.

Can a few people support me on this and contact Sophon and ask why their automatic time setting is wrong.

Now for me to help others.

If you have bad reception try changing all your RJ-45 connectors to F-type at every instance all the way to the TV. Use an adapter at the very end.

Cut copper cable and remake connections to fresh cable. A booster can help from the point where the cable enters your room and the advantage is most tuning will show signal strength and quality bars on the TV screen which makes booster settings easier. Some TV's / set tops have better tuners than others. Use thick good quality cables that you can see the center thick copper wire. Black generic cables bought from Big C once cut open can show thin copper centers which is no good.

Good luck to all and cherish and enjoy your TV.

Your problem is just 1 of 1,000,000 trivial needless pointless incompetent problems we all suffer with in Thailand.

Cannot be a logical answer to your 1.5 hour time differential.

Would even be an interesting, if not funny, thread to open on the subject.

"" Thai Irrationality. "" cheesy.gif

I have installed in my rented property by my landlord TMN Cable. No set-top box. Therefore cannot know what programs are on at anytime unless I scroll through every channel live. I have no idea what will be showing in 1 hour 2 hours tomorrow nothing. And their website. No programming info at all. cheesy.gif

I have problem 2 of 1,000,000 cheesy.gif