Thai junta broadcast unrelated suicide vest picture

Lite Beer

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The main point is that this whole business stinks to high heaven just like the Koh Tao investigation. How come we always have some sudden breakthrough and the culprits are caught. They never ran away and left country while a huge manhunt was going on. And they always make a full confession - which also always fails to answer a lot of questions. And the picture of the vest is a deliberate lie which I am certain is by the police, not the Junta (as the article is trying it's hardest to imply).

But at least the Junta have taken action to clear it up and stop the false reports which Chalerm would never have done.

It never ends, does it! Every effed up thing the junta does is excused by the mere existence of the bogeyman in Dubai.

Pathetic!

So how long has Chalerm been in Dubai.

Hahaha

For all those on the other thread who were quick to announce this investigation a success and patting the RTP on the backs for a job well done despite all the bungling and pretty feeble suspect in my opinion.

I surely hope they don't search my own house, I have every item that they show as being specifically bomb making equipment, and you lot ought to be very worried also, I am sure all your houses contain very incriminating articles.

But the award really deos go out to those who think that all skeptics and critics of the RTP were too quick to judge and now should be eating their words.

Erm.......................

It is beginning to remind me of a tennis match ! biggrin.png

What ---you mean like a balls upclap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Hahaha

For all those on the other thread who were quick to announce this investigation a success and patting the RTP on the backs for a job well done despite all the bungling and pretty feeble suspect in my opinion.

, and you lot ought to be very worried also, I am sure all your houses contain very incriminating articles.

But the award really deos go out to those who think that all skeptics and critics of the RTP were too quick to judge and now should be eating their words.

Erm.......................

>>I surely hope they don't search my own house, I have every item that they show as being specifically bomb making equipment<< You should be investigated as soon as possiuble .What was your reason for bombing the shrine ?

The main point is that this whole business stinks to high heaven just like the Koh Tao investigation. How come we always have some sudden breakthrough and the culprits are caught. They never ran away and left country while a huge manhunt was going on. And they always make a full confession - which also always fails to answer a lot of questions. And the picture of the vest is a deliberate lie which I am certain is by the police, not the Junta (as the article is trying it's hardest to imply).

But at least the Junta have taken action to clear it up and stop the false reports which Chalerm would never have done.

It never ends, does it! Every effed up thing the junta does is excused by the mere existence of the bogeyman in Dubai.

Pathetic!

Wow! You really give the term "clueless" a new meaning.

Kind of makes you doubt the credibility of the rest of the pics of the supposed, collected evidence at the home of this guy , who seemingly had forged passports and therefore is easy to pin the blame on as a scapegoat, case closed RTP basking in glory.

Personally, I hope this is not the case here, but it can't have been an easy mistake to make , putting that picture in, and then describing it as found as part of the evidence, amongst the other parts found at the home of the suspect.

And then threatening people with computer crimes action if they share it.

Accountability in Thailand means you can say ning, song, sam.....etc.

And now apparently trying to pin the placing of this photo on the media for slipping it in to the pics at the scene, in spite of discussing it as credible evidence live on TV during their broadcast mmmmmm!!!!! According to a report I read tonight.

Edited by daiwill60

What was the vest ?... I do not recall seeing a photo of it.

Here it is...biggrin.png

3801.jpg?w=700&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10

No really, go to Google Images & type "suicide vest thailand" in.......It's in the first four images.

Edited by jaywalker

Consider the seriousness of the crime.

Would a successful bomber remain in Thailand , let alone stay in Bangkok and sit around with more Bomb materials?

Perhaps?

But would the evidence found according to police , seem creditable after the fabricated bomb vest broadcast on TV?

Are there not question marks over prior crime scenes and culprits ....?

On balance is it reasonable to assume Thais who wish Tourism to bounce back may want a case closed ?

The statements that refuse to call the incident a terrorist act , does not reflect the one hundred men used in the arrest.

It seems as a personal view the real bomber is still at large much the same as the rapist / murderers in another crime are.

The cover up will do more to shake confidence of westerners in highlighting what sort of cowboy country your flying into when the dollar equates more than human life , and transparent cover ups are the norm.

In the modern era the Internet both enhanced Thailand then condemned it to

scrutiny ......this case will rock them if its found they fabricated the evidence.

And this appears already possible .

Edited by Plutojames88

Why they do not just say the truth?

"We are sorry we have made a mistake."

Because saving face is the single most important thing in this country?

That's why it MUST BE a falang / foreigner. Thai people are innocent, eve when member of mafia. See Ko Tao killing early this year. Thai police arrested 2 burmese scapecoats, process still ongoing. The reputation of Thai police and justice is falling deeper and deeper, no wonder with this junta, which has no legitimation to be in power. They took the power by force and eliminated the little freedom which existed before in this country. This junta ressembles more and more the Italian fascist State of Mussolini. But please remember: Mussolini was caugtht by Italian resistance forces and condemned to death penalty by a court near Como, near the Swiss border, he wanted to escape to Switzerland. Mussolini was hanged on a tree.

Edited by AloisAmrein

Kind of makes you doubt the credibility of the rest of the pics of the supposed, collected evidence at the home of this guy , who seemingly had forged passports and therefore is easy to pin the blame on as a scapegoat, case closed RTP basking in glory.

Personally, I hope this is not the case here, but it can't have been an easy mistake to make , putting that picture in, and then describing it as found as part of the evidence, amongst the other parts found at the home of the suspect.

Emphasis added. I agree. I'm wondering if it was some incompetent high ranking officer (but I repeat myself) related to the Army's PsyWar department, or whatever they call it, trying to "be helpful." The story comments that the spokesman never mentioned it and it was never mentioned in the presentation, so it seems like it was just another picture slipped in with the others. The conflicting and often bizarre statements made in public really make me skeptical of this case. Why weren't some bomb-making materials shown in the first photos released? When I was enjoying my all-expenses paid by the government tour of Vietnam the local provincial office put on a display of weapons, ammo, and other nasties supposedly captured from guerrillas. That's the way to do it. It's hard to understand how these people achieve high rank when they are so bad at manipulating public opinion.

Edited by metisdead
Emphasis removed: 2. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording. Such posts will be deleted and the user warned.

Pathetic!

Clueless maybe, but that depends entirely on the input under consideration - but certainly not dumb and stupid in trying to connect the Koh Tao investigation, sudden breakthroughs, "They" not running away, full confessions, a picture of a vest, and a comment on Chalerm's normally useless statements as the ex minister of Police, all to be topped-off with some weird and wonderful contortions to include a fugitive ex-PM.

So, talk about giving things new meanings, congratulations - you have exceeded all expectations in establish the ground rules relating to dumb and stupid..

Pathetic!

Clueless maybe, but that depends entirely on the input under consideration - but certainly not dumb and stupid in trying to connect the Koh Tao investigation, sudden breakthroughs, "They" not running away, full confessions, a picture of a vest, and a comment on Chalerm's normally useless statements as the ex minister of Police, all to be topped-off with some weird and wonderful contortions to include a fugitive ex-PM.

So, talk about giving things new meanings, congratulations - you have exceeded all expectations in establish the ground rules relating to dumb and stupid..

Awww....now you're just being meanpassifier.gif

Police and NCPO deny suicide bomb vest sized from suspect

300820-imagejpeg-466202-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The National Council for Peace and Order said Sunday that the image of a suicide bomb vest shown in the social media among other items seized from the apartment rooms of a foreign suspect in Nong Chok Saturday was not released by the authorities but was posted by the media.

The NCPO clarified that only four images were released by the authorities: one shows the fake passports, another shows packs of ball bearings and the rest show plastic pipes and cut steel pipes and lids believed used in bomb making.

The NCPO pleaded for cooperation from members of the public to exercise caution in expressing their opinions or presenting images in a way which may hurt the image of the country and threaten relations between Thailand and the other countries.

Meanwhile, the Royal National Police Office denied as untrue a report that a suicide bomb vest was seized from the apartment rooms rented by the suspect detained on charges of possessing bomb-making materials.

The office asked netizens to stop sharing the image of the suicide bomb vest warning that they might face charges from the computer crime law.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-and-ncpo-deny-suicide-bomb-vest-sized-from-suspect

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2015-08-30

So....the vest was wrong, but we are obviously to believe everything else, without question?!coffee1.gif

believe what you want. It isn't like you're relevant. you don't even have a life. read a book.