TR visa and remote studies?

Last winter I stayed almost 9 months on a triple entry visa issued in Stockholm. I've now spent almost 4 months in Sweden and about to go back to the good old LOS.

I will apply for another triple entry. Got around 2,5 million baht on the Swedish bank statement and will attach some credit card invoices that verifies I spent around 50k/m on ATMs, hotels etc last time.

However, I will also do remote studies through a Swedish university. That entitles me to around 40-50k per month in government aid (mostly a favorable loan). So here is the question, can I include documentation on this to make it obvious I'm not working in TH? Since foreigners are allowed to study thai, diving, muay thai etc on a TR visa I assume remote uni. studies isn't breaking the visa rules? (unlike remote work)

Or am I just being paranoid and they will be happy with only the bank statement?

I'm Swedish, below 30 and a genuine tourist. (don't even have a condo contract)

"So here is the question, can I include documentation on this to make it obvious I'm not working in TH?

Since foreigners are allowed to study thai, diving, muay thai etc on a TR visa I assume remote uni. studies isn't breaking the visa rules? (unlike remote work)
Or am I just being paranoid and they will be happy with only the bank statement?"

Proof of income is not usually requested for Tourist Visa applications so unless they ask don't give them anything. If they do ask I would just give them the bank statement showing the 2.5 million Baht as that is more than enough to satisfy that you have sufficient funds to support your stay.

There is nothing to stop you remotely studying but it's unnecessary to tell them about it or the income.

Apply for TR visa as usual (triple I guess).

It doesn't harm to show financials (have documents with you).

BUT don't ever mention anything like remote study.

There is no reason for TR to give except "tourism"/"holiday"/"travel".

Don't raise questions.

Don't wake up sleeping dogs.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Thanks for your answers. It's the agent, which is one of the larger local ones, that wants a bank statement included in the application. Which they didn't last year, so I guess the embassy is (rightfully) scrutinizing longer stays more nowadays.

Thanks for your answers. It's the agent, which is one of the larger local ones, that wants a bank statement included in the application. Which they didn't last year, so I guess the embassy is (rightfully) scrutinizing longer stays more nowadays.

I wonder why you choose to use an "agent" for a simple tourist visa application.

Most Embassy's will accept postal as well as "in person" applications for tourist visas .

Have you checked with the Embassy in Stockholm ?

• Like 1

(can't quote from mobile it seems)
nowretired: neither the embassy in Stockholm or consulate in Gothenburg accepts applications by mail. They used to do, but I guess it became too cumbersome with incorrect applications and sending back and forth.

http://www.thaiembassy.se/en/visa/where-to-apply

Also, I'd rather have the agent handle all communication as they have thai-speaking employees and know the drill.

Edited by mramazing