Bottled gas regulators - advice please

cliveshep

With moving day hopefully getting closer the workshop has been dismantled and is getting stuffed into the shipping container.

Being a squirrel by nature I am wondering as I load the crates if UK Calor-compatible bottled gas regulators, both butane and propane clip-on and screw on types will fit gas bottles in Thailand?

We'll be installing the new gas cooker we bought into our new home, whether we buy that or build it, and will want whatever gas bottles that are sold in-country to be hooked up to it. Also I have gas torches, camping fridge, camping cooker that run on bottled gas.

Do I put them on Freegle here or bring them? Will any of them fit Thai bottles?

the only gas bottle regulators i have seen here are of the screw in type but having said that i have not looked around for any others

there maybe camping shops that would sell the disposable type bottles with different connections

my advice wpuld be to bring everyhing you have and hope they fit if not replacement valves do not seem to be exspensive here

i expect you already know shipping of gas containers is not allowed

.........................................i expect you already know shipping of gas containers is not allowed

What? How mean! Next you'll tell me I can't bring explosives, drums of petrol etc!

Seriously - yes, I got mobbed when I put two full 19kg bottles on Freegle here just to get rid of them.

.........................................i expect you already know shipping of gas containers is not allowed

What? How mean! Next you'll tell me I can't bring explosives, drums of petrol etc!

Seriously - yes, I got mobbed when I put two full 19kg bottles on Freegle here just to get rid of them.

sorry i couldnt quite get your point or gist of your jest

Yes, at least from personal experience the propane ones fit.

All of mine are Calor propane. Thank you so much, that is the information I was seeking. It means all my kit is compatible there.

sorry i couldnt quite get your point or gist of your jest

I was being silly is all. You were quite right to make the point.

No idea whether it helps.

Thats a typical regulator used on the gas bottles used about everywhere.

http://www.monkonggas.com/product/12/%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9A%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%95%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%B3-%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%AB%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%89%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%9F%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%A1

I have seen some pressure values for UK regulators. Seems to fit.

What I could not find is the dimension of the threads.

Here they have:

7/8" - 14 UNF-LH

"UNF - Unified National Fine Thread" an ANSI standard.

?

the only gas bottle regulators i have seen here are of the screw in type but having said that i have not looked around for any others

there maybe camping shops that would sell the disposable type bottles with different connections

my advice wpuld be to bring everyhing you have and hope they fit if not replacement valves do not seem to be exspensive here

i expect you already know shipping of gas containers is not allowed

Fittings seem to vary between countries.

When I shipped my gear to Australia, I found out the hard way that gas stoves, in my case a benchtop one - had to have a kitebrand or similar sticker to show they meet safety standards. No one would touch it when I tried to have the fittings changed. There's an incredible fine plus the risk of losing a licence.