best dance club with nice music

alvinlee87

If you are looking for the young Thai crowd head to RCA. Start with Onyx and Route 66.

I have gone to these two, i heard of funky ville and others. Are they fun? Any others to intro

I take it you didn't find Onyx or Route 66 a lot of fun. I didn't either. But the two are typical Thai-style clubs where people go to "chill out" is the way I hear people say it. Which seems to mostly mean hanging out with friends at a table laden with bottles of whisky and occasionally getting up to sway ever so gently to the music.

I did go with a buddy several months ago to what was then a hot new place off Thong Lor, name forgotten now, not sure if it was Funky Villa. We lasted about 10 mins. Suffocatingly still (tremendous amounts of hiso eye candy and very very expensive cars on display though).

Western style clubs like Spasso, Mixx, Insanity, et al, are certainly more lively. And you can actually dance. But they are all also full of "working girls" so there's that vibe, which can always be filtered out if picking someone up is not what you're looking to do. You won't find a lot of locals there, though there are always a few who enjoy the less stuffy atmosphere.

In any case, it all depends on what you're looking for in a particular night out and I guess who you are with too. What I would do if I were new and single here is explore. There are hundreds of clubs in Bkk and lists/reviews aplently on the web. Print one up and head out. Visit a couple or more a night until one clicks.

Good luck, have fun and do report back.

Edited by The Dancer

Yeah what the guy above said.

Clubs aimed at foreigners - with all but one or two exceptions - are packed to the rafters with prostitutes. That includes Levels, Sugar Club, Insanity, Mixx, Spicy, Swing, Insanity, Shock 39, Bossy . . . the list is endless.

The guys are there to score hookers so they don't give a shi' ite about the music which is basically 5 year old chart hits and cheesy floor fillers.

I'll leave it to you imagine the atmosphere in a club where all the girls are hookers, all the guys are Johns and over consumption of alcohol is introduced to the mix.

One of the exceptions is Ku De Ta - much more upmarket and they're a lot more conscientious about what comes out of the club's speakers.

Thursday and Saturdays is deep house while Wednesdays and Fridays are more commercial R&B and hip hop.

Far fewer hookers; people seem to dress well and you definitely won't see grandpa trying to dry hump a local bird in a micro-skirt with his trick hip while holding a pint of draft Guinness in one hand.

The other exception is Glow on sukhumvit 23 - so-called underground club but it's basically a dive with a really, really low ceiling. People smoke in there and there's only one exit/entrance so if a fire starts, everyone in there will be dead.

Music is beat-heavy, coma-inducing minimal techno/house (minimal referring to the talent behind its creation).

Lots of young Khao San refugees in fisherman's pants and hipster beards who haven't showered for a couple of days and who spend all night poncing cigarettes.

That said, no hookers, reasonable drinks prices and the atmosphere is lively

Given a choice between the " grandpa trying to dry hump a local bird in a micro-skirt with his trick hip while holding a pint of draft Guinness in one hand. " and " Lots of young Khao San refugees in fisherman's pants and hipster beards who haven't showered for a couple of days and who spend all night poncing cigarettes." I think I would rather stay home and read a book. The picture you have painted is all too graphic for me smile.png

Yeah what the guy above said.

Clubs aimed at foreigners - with all but one or two exceptions - are packed to the rafters with prostitutes. That includes Levels, Sugar Club, Insanity, Mixx, Spicy, Swing, Insanity, Shock 39, Bossy . . . the list is endless.

The guys are there to score hookers so they don't give a shi' ite about the music which is basically 5 year old chart hits and cheesy floor fillers.

I'll leave it to you imagine the atmosphere in a club where all the girls are hookers, all the guys are Johns and over consumption of alcohol is introduced to the mix.

One of the exceptions is Ku De Ta - much more upmarket and they're a lot more conscientious about what comes out of the club's speakers.

Thursday and Saturdays is deep house while Wednesdays and Fridays are more commercial R&B and hip hop.

Far fewer hookers; people seem to dress well and you definitely won't see grandpa trying to dry hump a local bird in a micro-skirt with his trick hip while holding a pint of draft Guinness in one hand.

The other exception is Glow on sukhumvit 23 - so-called underground club but it's basically a dive with a really, really low ceiling. People smoke in there and there's only one exit/entrance so if a fire starts, everyone in there will be dead.

Music is beat-heavy, coma-inducing minimal techno/house (minimal referring to the talent behind its creation).

Lots of young Khao San refugees in fisherman's pants and hipster beards who haven't showered for a couple of days and who spend all night poncing cigarettes.

That said, no hookers, reasonable drinks prices and the atmosphere is lively

Cypress: I think you may have found your calling. Very colorful entertaining reviews.