webfact

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bangkok bombing: Police Arrest 'main suspect' at Thai-Cambodia checkpoint

Quote "The man was detained around noon trying to cross into Cambodia from the Thai countryside, away from towns or roads."

http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/international/2015-09-01/bangkok-bombing-police-arrest-main-suspect-at-thaicambodia-checkpoint/1488154?

As I said...

The Thai government yesterday announced that the man believed to be the prime suspect in the deadly bombing of Bangkok’s Erawan shrine had been arrested in Thailand’s Sa Kaeo province, though well-placed officials in both Cambodia and Thailand said that the man was actually arrested at Phnom Penh International Airport.

The Cambodian police official’s version of events, corroborated by a Thai police source quoted by the Bangkok Post, contradicts the official narrative of the Thai authorities – including statements by Thai Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha – and has been denied by a Cambodian official. Source: http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/bangkok-bombing-suspect-arrested

Than you have all the news saying one thing and just 1 Cambodian news saying something else and in that news the Cambodian police also denies any knowledge?

Than you have all the news saying one thing and just 1 Cambodian news saying something else and in that news the Cambodian police also denies any knowledge?

That's how stories break, how lies get exposed. A leak, a break, a published story, questions asked...

If the Thai authorities are lying to the world, and the Cambodian authorities have covered up their little illegal arrangement (because neither country want to upset China by arresting and handing over a Chinese national wanted by the Chinese government), then, of course the world's press is going to be publishing the "official story".

You're not proving anything by posting links to every news story still pushing the "official story" - only that the true version of events are murky at best.

As I said, time will tell.

That's how stories break, how lies get exposed. A leak, a break, a published story, questions asked...

If the Thai authorities are lying to the world, and the Cambodian authorities have covered up their little illegal arrangement (because neither country want to upset China by arresting and handing over a Chinese national wanted by the Chinese government), then, of course the world's press is going to be publishing the "official story".

You're not proving anything by posting links to every news story still pushing the "official story" - only that the true version of events are murky at best.

As I said, time will tell.

Yeah wish you all the best and anti-Thai sentient just go home!

That's somewhat reassuring - it looks like the Cambodians were just trying to cut themselves a slice of the glory.

Problem is, after the Thai police rewarding themselves the other day, they will now, like Pavlov's dog, expect more rewards whenever there's a result, and that expectation will, er, skew police behaviour.

I hope he/they is/are convicted and cop death. Nothing less would be adequate in this case.

Would you like to at least prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that he is involved in the bombings first?

All we have at this stage is a Chinese national believed to be “wanted” by China guy with no identification who was arrested at Phnom Penh airport trying to depart for Turkey after Thais tipped off their Cambodian counterparts he had fled to Cambodia and illegally handed back to Thailand stumbling around in a jungle with a backpack that contained zero evidence linking him to the blast, but who may be the yellow shirt guy because "his face and appearance look very much like composite sketch" the mastermind behind the whole thing.

Doesn't really sound compelling enough for an arrest, let alone a conviction and execution, don't you think?

What you smokin' man?? Read it again.

I hope he/they is/are convicted? I'm not saying they are guilty. I'll let the courts decide, but if convicted, I do hope the penalty is death.

I read it several times looking for the part about the courts deciding prior to conviction before I posted, hence my question.

How simple do I have to make this. You DON'T GET CONVICTED by the local kebab man!!! You must go through the legal process, and that involves a court.

I'll dumb all future posts down so that I confuse nobody.

Edited by F4UCorsair

Thai prime minister says main suspect in bombing arrested

BANGKOK (AP) — Thailand's prime minister says authorities have arrested a man they believe is the main suspect in a bombing at a shrine in central Bangkok two weeks ago that killed 20 people.

Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha said Tuesday the man is a foreigner and was arrested in eastern Thailand near the Cambodian border. He described him as the main person in the bombing but did not directly say he is the person suspected of actually planting the bomb.

aplogo.jpg

-- (c) Associated Press 2015-09-01

So what is his name? Suspect One? Two or Three?

Who is the other guy then that they paraded around all the time. I am confused now.

I'm with you, but by the looks of it they could have arrested me.... Sorry Thailand, I do not miss you anymore.... But hey let us keep that tourism thing going...... Damn a bomb is no reason, lives are no reason..... News flash, there could be a new bomber next week.... But they are not sure..... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

all this leaves me very skeptical

I totally agree,

Let us see, they arrested the bomber , but said it might not be the bomber?

So I can see nothing has changed in the LOS....

Hey, can we make a soap opera series out of this?

Personally with as blurred as the images may be, I see no resemblance...

Last week they thought he had left the country...

Stay tuned folks, more to come I guarantee.....

So is it all about saving face, in the LOS?

Just asking mind you, no judgment, just observations,,,,,

Have a great day! kilosierrawai.gifwai.gifwai.gif

all this leaves me very skeptical

I totally agree,

Let us see, they arrested the bomber , but said it might not be the bomber?

So I can see nothing has changed in the LOS....

Hey, can we make a soap opera series out of this?

Personally with as blurred as the images may be, I see no resemblance...

Last week they thought he had left the country...

Stay tuned folks, more to come I guarantee.....

So is it all about saving face, in the LOS?

Just asking mind you, no judgment, just observations,,,,,

Have a great day! kilosierrawai.gifwai.gifwai.gif

Calm down and take you anti-Thai sentiment pills

Thai Police: Suspect Fingerprints Matched to Raided Apartment

http://www.voanews.com/content/thai-police-suspect-fingerprints-matched-to-raided-apartment/2941925.html?

He was caught trying to cross the border with a fake passport! Don't twist the facts

The fact is that well prior to his apprehension, an entire group of immigration officers at one border crossing were transferred to "inactive" posts. I would assume that these new inactive postings were based upon a further review of the documents at the border crossing by Bangkok based RTP investigators which caused the RTP officers to become upset to find a likely bombing suspect had been allowed to cross and that further "questioning" caused one immigration officer to break and confess that they had taken bribes to allow the suspect to cross over to Cambodia. The Cambodians could care less about this man and, being a much smaller country, were able to track him down with ease. Then, well at least my best guess, is that the Cambodian police would have been only too happy to obtain a few IOUs with their Thai counterparts and so handed him back to the RTP and let the RTP take credit for the capture. By the way, the photos certainly do not show someone who had been wandering around by foot in some rural area along the border.

He was caught trying to cross the border with a fake passport! Don't twist the facts

The fact is that well prior to his apprehension, an entire group of immigration officers at one border crossing were transferred to "inactive" posts. I would assume that these new inactive postings were based upon a further review of the documents at the border crossing by Bangkok based RTP investigators which caused the RTP officers to become upset to find a likely bombing suspect had been allowed to cross and that further "questioning" caused one immigration officer to break and confess that they had taken bribes to allow the suspect to cross over to Cambodia. The Cambodians could care less about this man and, being a much smaller country, were able to track him down with ease. Then, well at least my best guess, is that the Cambodian police would have been only too happy to obtain a few IOUs with their Thai counterparts and so handed him back to the RTP and let the RTP take credit for the capture. By the way, the photos certainly do not show someone who had been wandering around by foot in some rural area along the border.
You're mixing up 2 cases: the guy in the apartment had bribed the Immigration to get into Thailand. The guy they got at the border hasn't talked about any bribe as far as I know. Edited by pmugghc

the whole tale of where the second guy was arrested is all smoke and mirrors so as not to upset the chinese who were also after him.

it suits the cambodians to not admit they caught him and it suits the thais to claim the credit.

the transfer of the immigration officials is the tell tale marker that all is not what it seems

You guys are really full of it when they catch the guys you say the Cambodians did it! Yeah if the Cambodians did it they be bragging their butts off!

Everything you say is try and discredit the Thai authorities only a few here have done otherwise! All sources of news have indicated that the guy got caught in Thailand only 1 news source said that he got caught in Cambodia and it even indicated in the news and "unnamed source". You dumb the international press have offices in Cambodia they will be all over the guy in a second if he was apprehended at the airport packed with people.

We know for sure that the last guy they arrested, in the flat full of bomb-making materials, was involved in bomb-making, and more than likely connected to the recent atrocity. I still think he looks more like the CCTV bag guy than this recent arrest does. But the CCTV was very low quality, so it would be wrong to use that as any real basis. The first arrested man, his features stood out to me as similar, within the context of poor CCTV, there were still resemblances. This guy less so. We have all assumed that this group has many people involved, and I think this is true, and it is quite possible that this man arrested around the border, is part of the bomb-making terror group. It is also possible that the CCTV backpack man is related by family to one or more of the people arrested already, and looks very similar, which would add to the confusion.

It is clear that the first man was guilty of being a bomb-maker, with intent to cause mass-murder. Ball-bearings are only added to kill and maim as many innocents as possible. Bombs used against civilians are still weapons of war, and so any person building or detonating them should expect to be treated as an enemy in war, and should not expect prison counselling and cups of tea. A short time after such a bomb exploded, destroying the lives of so many innocent families and friends of the dead and maimed, if a person is then arrested sitting in a room building those same ball-bearing bombs, he should only expect to get knocked around most vigorously in custody. The fact that he started out silent for the first day, and then went totally Eurovision all of a sudden, shows that this may be the case.

This is obviously different to persons arrested for other reasons, ie. not sitting in a room full of bomb materials. Questioning of suspects who are not caught red-handed, should always respect the possibility that they are innocent. I see there is a justifiable grey area in this, due to the nature of war and persons caught building weapons of war in their flats, are in a different category to people who are just stopped while fleeing the country.

I think that the Royal Thai Police and other security personnel have done some outstanding work in catching the man in Bangkok, with the bomb materials in his flat. I see that as a huge achievement on every level. We shall have to wait and see if the other suspected members of this group were actually involved, including the man arrested near the border yesterday.

You know for sure? How about he was just hiding out waiting to be smuggled to Turkey? When it comes to this government, knowing for sure is absolutely impossible.

Someone tipped them off that some dodgy Muslim looking guys were in some apartments. Outstanding police work that.

Edited by Thai at Heart

We know for sure that the last guy they arrested, in the flat full of bomb-making materials, was involved in bomb-making, and more than likely connected to the recent atrocity. I still think he looks more like the CCTV bag guy than this recent arrest does. But the CCTV was very low quality, so it would be wrong to use that as any real basis. The first arrested man, his features stood out to me as similar, within the context of poor CCTV, there were still resemblances. This guy less so. We have all assumed that this group has many people involved, and I think this is true, and it is quite possible that this man arrested around the border, is part of the bomb-making terror group. It is also possible that the CCTV backpack man is related by family to one or more of the people arrested already, and looks very similar, which would add to the confusion.

It is clear that the first man was guilty of being a bomb-maker, with intent to cause mass-murder. Ball-bearings are only added to kill and maim as many innocents as possible. Bombs used against civilians are still weapons of war, and so any person building or detonating them should expect to be treated as an enemy in war, and should not expect prison counselling and cups of tea. A short time after such a bomb exploded, destroying the lives of so many innocent families and friends of the dead and maimed, if a person is then arrested sitting in a room building those same ball-bearing bombs, he should only expect to get knocked around most vigorously in custody. The fact that he started out silent for the first day, and then went totally Eurovision all of a sudden, shows that this may be the case.

This is obviously different to persons arrested for other reasons, ie. not sitting in a room full of bomb materials. Questioning of suspects who are not caught red-handed, should always respect the possibility that they are innocent. I see there is a justifiable grey area in this, due to the nature of war and persons caught building weapons of war in their flats, are in a different category to people who are just stopped while fleeing the country.

I think that the Royal Thai Police and other security personnel have done some outstanding work in catching the man in Bangkok, with the bomb materials in his flat. I see that as a huge achievement on every level. We shall have to wait and see if the other suspected members of this group were actually involved, including the man arrested near the border yesterday.

You know for sure? How about he was just hiding out waiting to be smuggled to Turkey? When it comes to this government, knowing for sure is absolutely impossible.

Someone tipped them off that some dodgy Muslim looking guys were in some apartments. Outstanding police work that.

Yes, we know for sure that he was involved in bomb-making. At the very least, he was sitting in a room full of bomb-making materials, and he did not report it to the police. That makes him complicit in bomb-making.

If you want to play the Little Lamb card, you would have to assume that he was the only person in the country who hadn't heard about a very recent huge bombing atrocity using ball-bearings, and he was living in a room full of detonators and ball bearings etc. without realising that it might be connected. I think that is really stretching it.

Minimum, he knew the room had bomb-making materials in it, and knew there had been a recent bombing where so many innocent people had been killed and maimed, yet he did not report this bomb-factory to the police. That shows a lack of basic human compassion, and in the legal setting it also shows complicity in concealing the bombers.

And of course a more logical conclusion is that he was infact renting those rooms for over a year, and knew exactly what was being made there, and was infact directly involved in making those bombs.

Yes, we know for sure that he was involved in bomb-making. At the very least, he was sitting in a room full of bomb-making materials, and he did not report it to the police. That makes him complicit in bomb-making.

If you want to play the Little Lamb card, you would have to assume that he was the only person in the country who hadn't heard about a very recent huge bombing atrocity using ball-bearings, and he was living in a room full of detonators and ball bearings etc. without realising that it might be connected. I think that is really stretching it.

Minimum, he knew the room had bomb-making materials in it, and knew there had been a recent bombing where so many innocent people had been killed and maimed, yet he did not report this bomb-factory to the police. That shows a lack of basic human compassion, and in the legal setting it also shows complicity in concealing the bombers.

And of course a more logical conclusion is that he was infact renting those rooms for over a year, and knew exactly what was being made there, and was infact directly involved in making those bombs.

You also forget to add the he was in the vicinity of the bombing as police say his cell phone was near that area and that is how they caught him by tracing his cell signal

Here are 3 pictures side by side. All pulled from a news site. Not sure the passport photo is the correct aspect ratio. It seems to be cut from the picture which was taken at an angle to the passport rather than straight on, so looks maybe too narrow. The other two are from the same news website put next to the passport photo. I also pulled the right side passport photo from post 25, which was straighter to the camera and probably closer to the correct aspect ratio.

What surprises me is I had never thought the suspect drawing had facial hair. I just saw it as shadow. But it is appears to maybe be razor stubble or trimmed facial hair. Facial hair matches quite a bit. Nose and mouth is pretty similar. His facial shape is also much better match than the other guy in the apartment who had a very tapered face toward the jaw.

Would like to see comparisons of this guy walking and some video from the guy walking away from the shrine.

post-25148-0-31085800-1441236701_thumb.j

post-25148-0-92723000-1441237755_thumb.j

Here are 3 pictures side by side. All pulled from a news site. Not sure the passport photo is the correct aspect ratio. It seems to be cut from the picture which was taken at an angle to the passport rather than straight on, so looks maybe too narrow. The other two are from the same news website put next to the passport photo. I also pulled the right side passport photo from post 25, which was straighter to the camera and probably closer to the correct aspect ratio.

What surprises me is I had never thought the suspect drawing had facial hair. I just saw it as shadow. But it is appears to maybe be razor stubble or trimmed facial hair. Facial hair matches quite a bit. Nose and mouth is pretty similar. His facial shape is also much better match than the other guy in the apartment who had a very tapered face toward the jaw.

Would like to see comparisons of this guy walking and some video from the guy walking away from the shrine.

Agree and I think the guy at the apartment is a bit older

You also forget to add the he was in the vicinity of the bombing as police say his cell phone was near that area and that is how they caught him by tracing his cell signal

I avoided adding that, because it is information that we only know from the police data-work. That is not to say it is invalid information, far from it. Only that I was making the point that the landlord had rented to this man for over a year, neighbours had seen him at the property for a long time, and the property was full of bomb-materials. These are all facts which prove that he was directly involved in bomb-making. The phone-data is obviously very important too.