Over-pricing Lottery Vendors caught in North Pattaya

webfact

Over-pricing Lottery Vendors caught in North Pattaya

lottery-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Banglamung Police announced on Tuesday Morning the arrest of 2 women and 1 man who are accused of selling Thai National Lottery Tickets for 10 Baht more than they should.

The vendors were caught at the Laem Chabang Market, located at the far northern outskirts of Pattaya and were seen to be selling the lottery tickets for 90 Baht, instead of the usual 80 Baht.

The 1st September Lottery is proving to be particularly busy and for some they are gambling a portion of their savings with the hope of winning large amounts of money.

Full story http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/216713/over-pricing-lottery-vendors-caught-in-north-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-09-02

Overcharge 10 baht for lottery tickets and "WE WILL HUNT YOU DOWN".... No Mercy!

Overcharge by 50,000 baht on a jet ski rental for a couple decades &.....we'll look into it, maybe, sometime later, almost.

Umm, what were we talking about? Oh yeah. New CCTV cameras!

Overcharge 10 baht for lottery tickets and "WE WILL HUNT YOU DOWN".... No Mercy!

Overcharge by 50,000 baht on a jet ski rental for a couple decades &.....we'll look into it, maybe, sometime later, almost.

I think your missing the point somewhat.

Clamping down on internal issues such as this is all about restoring peace and happiness for the Thai people.

Worrying about ripping foreigners off who hire jet skis is way way down on the list of restoring peace and happiness for the Thai nation.

In fact it's not even on the list.

I met Danny Trejo in Bangkok. Real nice guy.

Cool.

I'd love to meet him. He's a great actor. Has been around forever.

His talents are under-appreciated I think.

Plays the voice of the thug Octavio on King of the Hill, where Tom Petty plays Lucky the redneck.

grant_e_trejo_gb1_576x32411.jpg?w=1024

I met Danny Trejo in Bangkok. Real nice guy.

Because he sold lottery tickets ?

The perp on the right in the original post looks like Danny Trejo.

Mayhaps you are not familiar with his acting, but if Danny Trejo told me to buy a lottery ticket, I probably would.

I'm sure he's a nice guy, but he always plays the part of some scary thug.

danny-trejo.jpg

Clamping down on internal issues such as this is all about restoring peace and happiness for the Thai people.

Worrying about ripping foreigners off who hire jet skis is way way down on the list of restoring peace and happiness for the Thai nation.

as i see it the police pick and choose which laws to in force , it has very little to do with "peace and happiness" which is code for stupid bliss , which most males in Thailand aspire to . why work when grandma can run a food stall and provide for the family . i love thailand and their women , young or old they all have goals and work towards them . it is called a work ethic , the men ?...not so much . for those that do work they have the respect of all that see them work ........

And that because many people in authority had to purchase the position rather than get it on Merritt, as a result the average IQ level of these mandarins is lower than it could be, as a result they do no realise while it seems to be a national custom to rip of tourists means that one day there will be no tourists....

Edited by Basil B

I got charged 90 baht at the entrance to Soi 33, Sukhumvit, Bangkok last week.

The woman was adamant that this was the price.

She said 'take it or leave it'.

She's being a smart ass and it isn't right and it should be 80 baht. Unfortunately we farangs on our own wouldn't know how or where to report this and not knowing the Thai language well will make it very difficult for us to report. The best thing we can do is walk away, buy early for 80 baht and do not pay more.

It isn't fair that anybody should pay more than what they have too. My partner says that now that it has been sort of regulated to 80 baht it enables Thai's to buy more tickets at a fairer price. Now there are no big bosses who force desperate sellers out on the street for 10 baht more, ie boss gets 10 baht and vendor gets 10 baht. Just a couple of years ago I was paying 110 baht a ticket, that means 40 baht went up the food chain per ticket. The cost price is 70 baht from the Government. The sellers are allowed to make 10 baht per ticket, it's good the Government has clamped down on the previous rip offs.

I buy the lottery every draw, I buy 5 tickets at a time and have been for years. The best way to do it is with the ones that clearly display 80 Baht on their board. Also try to buy it early, I've been caught out not being able to buy tickets by leaving it too late.

You only "got charged 90 baht" because you agreed to pay that amount.

If you don't agree with the price, don't pay !

You only "got charged 90 baht" because you agreed to pay that amount.

If you don't agree with the price, don't pay !

Exactly!

Last time I was in BKK, an old lady selling lottery tickets displaying a sign with the correct pirce, asked me politely "Can I get 90 Baht?"

Due to her demeanor I agreed, however had she been forceful, I wouldn't have agreed ;-)

Edited by MTH