Wondering why the Koh Tao torture allegations topic has been locked

mark131v

Hi I was wondering why the report I have just put in about the new torture allegations regarding the Koh Tao trial has been locked by mod Charlie H

I can see the sense of not cluttering with loads of separate reports for the same subject bur having looked usually most of these are direct linked to the subject but in this case there is just a shortcut to a 92 page thread

Personally I feel this new report from the trial should be placed in the news section and I am struggling to see why it has not been put there as I think it is something a large number of BM' s are interested in so putting it in a little used sub forum at page 92 seems a bit strange

Obviously you are in charge but like I said I do not understand the logic with this so any enlightenment would be welcome

It is in the news section. LOL. Charlie was kind enough to put it there and give a link when he locked the thread. This keeps everything together. He politely asked that it be continued in the existing Koh Tao trial news thread where it should be.

<snip> There is lots of action in that news thread and even new news releases interspersed as they happen. That's the place for it IMHO (and in Charlies.)

Cheers.

Here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/849310-koh-tao-murder-trial-reconvenes-in-koh-samui/page-107?p=9809689#entry9809689

You may find this difficult to understand but it is really not necessary to have a separate topic running for each and every statement made at the trial.

That news article has been given prominence with inclusion of the link in the newsletter and in LINE and twitter posts. Members who are not subscribed to any of these but otherwise follow up he trial will have seen it among the new posts in this topic.

This is how this forum works and adding the article in this topic was the correct thing to do.

Here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/849310-koh-tao-murder-trial-reconvenes-in-koh-samui/page-107?p=9809689#entry9809689

You may find this difficult to understand but it is really not necessary to have a separate topic running for each and every statement made at the trial.

That news article has been given prominence with inclusion of the link in the newsletter and in LINE and twitter posts. Members who are not subscribed to any of these but otherwise follow up he trial will have seen it among the new posts in this topic.

This is how this forum works and adding the article in this topic was the correct thing to do.

Yes one benefit of doing it this way is the topic subscriptions still have value. If you start a new topic each and every news comment you have to subscribe to each new thread which isn't the best way to follow the discussion.

Archived