Sin Sot

dgoz

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About 2 years ago, I went to a wedding in Issan and the Sin-Sod was 250K. That was the largest that anyone had ever heard of.

Both had Masters Degrees and had very good Government jobs.

Trust me, if they are asking for more than 99,999 Baht, there is a scam going.

Also the money should go back for your wife to buy land to build the house on. If this is not going to happen tell them to get lost as all the family will be on to you like crow onto a sick sheep.

If they don't want to give the money back, then usually its to pay for a new Pickup / Moto-cycle / Booze, or family debt.

Play Hard-Line. As an example, I did that, and I told my wife's family they should pay me, as that is Farang Culture "Dowry" and now my wife owns a multi million Baht house. There are a few members here who have seen it .... Mr Lamp-Shade ????

About 2 years ago, I went to a wedding in Issan and the Sin-Sod was 250K. That was the largest that anyone had ever heard of.

Both had Masters Degrees and had very good Government jobs.

Trust me, if they are asking for more than 99,999 Baht, there is a scam going.

Also the money should go back for your wife to buy land to build the house on. If this is not going to happen tell them to get lost as all the family will be on to you like crown onto a sick sheep.

If they don't want to give the money back, then usually its to pay for a new Pickup / Moto-cycle / Booze, or family debt.

Play Hard-Line. As an example, I did that, and I told my wife's family they should pay me, as that is Farang Culture "Dowry" and now my wife owns a multi million Baht house.

There are a number of members who have been to the house and its also in my gallery.

Depends,

But you lied and its not your culture that the girl pays you. Also which country did you marry her in. Oh well I guess I actually trust me gf's family and that probaly is a big difference in my realtionship to other farangs.

She is the one with the masters degree and loaded and im the broke ass one :o

jdinasia, I've been here a while but I haven't had the pleasure of marrying a Thai girl yet, hence the attempt at gaining knowledge on the subject from wise people like yourself.

you should consider the search function then ....... but if you have in face been here awhile .... long enough to tell others they have not been here long .... you should know :o

Also the money should go back for your wife to buy land to build the house on. If this is not going to happen tell them to get lost as all the family will be on to you like crown onto a sick sheep.

You mean tell your future wife to get lost?

Because your wife will never, ever severe her bonds with her family.

With you, first...

Edited by Unknown

Her option is to marry a young Thai guy who will earn 14,000b a month, piss that against a wall, treat her like crap and then piss off when she falls pregnant.
I would also add that since she was a virgin when she met you and lost her virginity to you (assuming she's being truthful) that that might up the sin sot a bit. And I also just talked to a Thai and the current Isaan rice farmer level sin sot (at least in Khon Kaen) is indeed in the 50K-100K range. Oh, and don't forget one or two baht of gold. :o

In isaan I have no idea, as my fiancee is in the upper class of bangkok. But my fiancee said they just want to ask me for alittle sinsot.

If i was rich maybe they would ask for more

:o:D:D:D there is one born every day .........

don't pay a sin sot, it's just a scam to get cash out of a gullible farang.

tell them you won't pay and if they don't like it then bye bye.

I will 2nd to that. Dont do it ! All these people on here are telling you its tradition ignore them, its only because they got scammed !

If you insist then dont give more than 100k, and make sure its a mega party !! A friend of mine is getting married today in Isaan, he paid 100k and she was a hooker from Bangkok. Convinced him it was her 1st night on the game and he was her 1st punter ! :D

400k, oh really :D

As someone said earlier, falang no understand Thai culture, so falang no pay !

In isaan I have no idea, as my fiancee is in the upper class of bangkok. But my fiancee said they just want to ask me for alittle sinsot.

I will 2nd to that. Dont do it ! All these people on here are telling you its tradition ignore them, its only because they got scammed !

If you insist then dont give more than 100k, and make sure its a mega party !! A friend of mine is getting married today in Isaan, he paid 100k and she was a hooker from Bangkok. Convinced him it was her 1st night on the game and he was her 1st punter ! :D

I guess you havent read my other posts, Well is farang no pay maybe farang should get lost :D

hahaha no, my fiancee is 100 times better.

She is beautiful, smart, educated and comes from a wealty family who knows very high people in Thailand including members of the royal family. Im broke as piss compared to her.

So thats why I think im lucky, actually with my looks its not really surprising

I guess you havent read my other posts, Well is farang no pay maybe farang should get lost :D

Or even still just dont get married ! Renting is better then buying !

And the Thai guys that pay sin sot, are they also getting scammed? :o

No, many farangs just seem to think if it not done the western way then its wrong. Thats why many are sad all there lives living in Thailand

Donz ---- you met your GF in Australia? She's from a family that can afford for her to go to school there? You sell T-shirts?

AND you are paying anything?

:o

yes, man you know alot about me its scarey.

Im paying because I want to pay the sin sot, I dont think its fair for her parents to pay for the wedding. I asked to help pay but her father will have none of it so I said I must pay the sinsot ATLEAST.

Dont you think thats fair?

I see some farangs seem very arrogant (well whats new).

Its a thai tradition, just because you dont sgree with it doesnt mean its always a scam etc.

I think many of you just need to get you head out of your ass and live in reality :o

you won't listen so it's best to stand back and let you make your mistake. perhaps with a bit more experience you will see the error of this action.

people's realities are different, and are often so because they shape their own reality - not because someone tells them something is right (when it benefits them) and they follow blindly.

i married into a decent family and didnt pay a penny sinsod. the father told me he wanted me to use my money to take care of his daughter, which was spot on i thought. that is my reality.

if you want to pay then pay, it doesnt affect me in the slightest.

PS - you will get most of the money you pay for the wedding ceremony back from the guests who attend, via the envelopes. but i'm sure you already know this.

hahaha no, my fiancee is 100 times better.

She is beautiful, smart, educated and comes from a wealty family who knows very high people in Thailand including members of the royal family. Im broke as piss compared to her.

So thats why I think im lucky, actually with my looks its not really surprising

If I had a nickle everytime I've read that from you, I would be 10 times richer than your in laws :o

Taxin, if your friend gave 100k for a bargirl don't you think at least double would be appropriate for a non-bg?

I agree with your comment on not getting married. I'm not gone yet and I never thought I would even imagine getting married to a Thai girl (personally Ive had some wonderful Vietnamese gf's and thought I would go that way). But hey, I've happened to meet a great girl and I'm thinking about it, so after drinking and banging my way around Thailand for a few years it's time for me to learn about this, just in case.

Donz ---- you met your GF in Australia? She's from a family that can afford for her to go to school there? You sell T-shirts?

yes, man you know alot about me its scarey.

Im paying because I want to pay the sin sot, I dont think its fair for her parents to pay for the wedding. I asked to help pay but her father will have none of it so I said I must pay the sinsot ATLEAST.

Dont you think thats fair?

Nope --- you met her in a WESTERN country .... men don't pay .. and the girl's family pays for the wedding ... standard:)

Am I the luckiest Farang on there boards??

How would we ever no otherwise?

Well let me see.

I have compared my fiance to many other posters wifes.

1. her family doesnt want me for money

2. I dont get looked at as the farang and weird looking (maybe goodlooking)

3. My in-laws actually really like me.

4. My fiancee doesnt eat like a animal liek some posters have stated about there gf's.

5. I like the Thai culture as many on here dont.

6. I like Thai people as many here dont.

7. She is actually very attractive and I didnt marry her just a companion like many posters.

8. She doesnt do the silent treatment when we argue (actually I dont see that as good but anyway)

9. She doesnt seem to have the face concept like many other posters wives.

10.I trust my fiance with my life

i could go to 100 but you get the Idea. After reading alot of threads on here about people complaining about there gf or Thai girls in general, I have com to the conclusion that my fiance is almost close to perfect. Well maybe apart from her height, I wish she was alittle taller, but other then that seh is the greatest

BTW, do gays pay sin sot? If not, why?

I don't know ..... Did you pay?

there is one born every day .........

400k, oh really

cricky's tax,

im really surprised you got a friend that is that stupid as i know you well and your a real smart punter my friend. :D

why did'nt you kick his stupid arse mate . :D

its a frigging disgrace what he's doing as he will be hitting you up for a loan when she takes him for every thing he has got. :D

anyway tax, have a few coldys at the piss up for me will you. :D

cheers to you my good cobber. :o