Anti-Yingluck govt protest: Big C grenade attackers jailed for life

webfact

IMHO, any defendant having entered a guilty plea, being found guilty by the Court, and having his sentence reduced (mostly halved) for this reason, when then deciding to appeal the Court's ruling (so in fact contesting his guilt), should, automatically, lose the advantage of the granted reduced sentence, when the higher Court's ruling confirms that of the lower Court, also, that defendant should be refused the right to further appeal again to the Supreme Court (while the Ministry Public would keep that right).

It seems to me the reduced sentences for defendants admitting their guilt have not been introduced to give a tap on the shoulder, kind of a reward, to those defendants, but rather to reduce the volume of work the Courts are confronted with, while cases like this one (for an horrible crime on top of it!) seem to show it's unproductive; the system has been 'bent' in a not uncommon way for the Thai Judicial system.

Changes and reforms, they said, but not for now then...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the protesters had not been there it would not have happened...

Weren't the ones they murdered not just a pair of kids and passers-by? And when you really mean that in general, about protesters peacefully exercing their rights, no doubt you consider the same applies, in tenfold, to the, violent, red shirts who lost their life in their insurrectional occupation of BKK, don't you?

i hope this is not the end of this. They still need to identify the master mind and financier of this evil deed.

Where did the RPG come from?

Until the top people that orchestrated this heinous act are convicted and sentenced there is no justice or safety for society as these scum bags will likely hire more stooges like these again in the near future when they are not getting their political way.

I would be willing to bet whoever did mastermind this was also responsible for many of the other violent crimes that were going on around that time.

It beggars belief that they would had no connection with any of the multiple attacks with M79 grenade launchers that happened during those protests (and before too).

There can't be too many sources for those guns and ammunition, tracing back were they got theirs could help solve many other attacks.

I think both sides are equally hideous. The main difference is that one side was elected and the other elected themselves.

I think both sides have their bad side but one of the two sides is just more violent as the other. And I prefer them both not to shut down the country or city.

You may be right that there have been more violence perpetrated by people associated with the red shirts, but removing a legally elected government and installing a junta really does invite the crazies out of the wood work.

Have you ever heard about 'chronology'? You seem to re-arrange the timing of events for some reason... And, mind you, that, so-called, 'legally elected government' of yours was not 'removed', it 'removed' itself after the PTP (or ...?) pulled the plug of Parliament, and was clinging to power, far too long, under the 'caretakers' disguise, a bit like '...'had done in 2005/2006 to usurpate power, till stopped by a coup. All IMO of course.

I think both sides are equally hideous. The main difference is that one side was elected and the other elected themselves.

I think both sides have their bad side but one of the two sides is just more violent as the other. And I prefer them both not to shut down the country or city.

You may be right that there have been more violence perpetrated by people associated with the red shirts, but removing a legally elected government and installing a junta really does invite the crazies out of the wood work.

I'm not sure its crazy to fight tyranny. Also not sure more violence has been committed by the red shirts.

Lets hope these people spend the rest of their lives in jail understanding that the red cause is a cause associated with death and lawlessness.

Thank goodness you will never see Suthep supporters killing innocent kids in front of shopping centres nor cheering the deaths of innocent lives at the =hands of terrorists. .

That is why he endeared so many more supporters to his protests I suppose.

I'm not sure its crazy to fight tyranny. Also not sure more violence has been committed by the red shirts.

Say, who were those three victims tyrannizing?

Have you ever heard about 'chronology'? You seem to re-arrange the timing of events for some reason... And, mind you, that, so-called, 'legally elected government' of yours was not 'removed', it 'removed' itself after the PTP (or ...?) pulled the plug of Parliament, and was clinging to power, far too long, under the 'caretakers' disguise, a bit like '...'had done in 2005/2006 to usurpate power, till stopped by a coup. All IMO of course.

I've heard of chronology. Have you ever heard of BS? You make several unsubstantiated claims that support your opinions and ignore the inconvenient facts that totally destroy your "so-called" arguments.

BTW, the previous elected government wasn't "so-called" in the minds of other than the junta lovers.

But it does stop civil war ! Your choice ?

But it does stop civil war ! Your choice ?

Does it? Or is that something the junta wants the Thai people to believe? IMO it's the latter.

If the protesters had not been there it would not have happened...

Weren't the ones they murdered not just a pair of kids and passers-by? And when you really mean that in general, about protesters peacefully exercing their rights, no doubt you consider the same applies, in tenfold, to the, violent, red shirts who lost their life in their insurrectional occupation of BKK, don't you?

My comment was just Thai logic...gigglem.gif

Never heard of "farang" drivers being blamed for an accidents even though they were not at fault on the basis if they were not there then the accident would not have happened. wai2.gif

Lets hope these people spend the rest of their lives in jail understanding that the red cause is a cause associated with death and lawlessness.

Thank goodness you will never see Suthep supporters killing innocent kids in front of shopping centres nor cheering the deaths of innocent lives at the =hands of terrorists. .

But you did see Suthep supporters shooting down a 70 year old man, in cold blood, among others; not to mention the 'disappeared'. You have no credibility until you accept that violence is wrong no matter which side is the perpetrator. Selective memory in matters such as these serves no useful purpose.

I've heard of chronology. Have you ever heard of BS? You make several unsubstantiated claims that support your opinions and ignore the inconvenient facts that totally destroy your "so-called" arguments.

BTW, the previous elected government wasn't "so-called" in the minds of other than the junta lovers.

Back after an absence following his pronouncement, 30 minutes after the expolosion, that the Erawan bomb was the work of Thaksin supporters.

But you did see Suthep supporters shooting down a 70 year old man, in cold blood, among others; not to mention the 'disappeared'. You have no credibility until you accept that violence is wrong no matter which side is the perpetrator. Selective memory in matters such as these serves no useful purpose.

Unless you plan to overthrow an elected government in a coup.

Sure, mZurf #40, I've heard of BS, and read a lot here from biased guys... The same who mostly make 'unsubstantiated claims' to support their(?) opinion, and indeed 'ignore the inconvenient facts that totally destroy their(?) so-called arguments'... Those who f.i. call others 'junta lovers', 'yellow shirts', etc., when they don't support their manipulative propaganda-inspired babbles... Hmm, I see in your reaction you left out 'legally' about the previous 'government'... Nah, just joking.

But, seriously, to take you on your word: have YOU 'substantiated' your opinion, when, how? Isn't the re-arranged chronology of the events you wrote about, kind of ignoring inconvenient facts destroying your arguments?

Everyone keeps saying violent red shirts, but more red shirts have been killed in this dispute. I'm happy that these guys got life, but let's keep some perspective and not choose to rah rah for one side or the other.

About keeping things into perspective, hasn't it ever come up to you that there could maybe not have been any red shirt killed when there would not have been the violence from the red shirts during their insurrection(!) and wild occupation of central Bkk...? (Or then only in provocation actions by mercenary men-in-black)

Edited by bangrak

Sure, mZurf #40, I've heard of BS, and read a lot here from biased guys... The same who mostly make 'unsubstantiated claims' to support their(?) opinion, and indeed 'ignore the inconvenient facts that totally destroy their(?) so-called arguments'... Those who f.i. call others 'junta lovers', 'yellow shirts', etc., when they don't support their manipulative propaganda-inspired babbles... Hmm, I see in your reaction you left out 'legally' about the previous 'government'... Nah, just joking.

But, seriously, to take you on your word: have YOU 'substantiated' your opinion, when, how? Isn't the re-arranged chronology of the events you wrote about, kind of ignoring inconvenient facts destroying your arguments?

Sorry. Can't follow your ramblings. Still trying to figure out the rearranged chronology part?

BTW, did you really put the blame for the latest bombing on the reds before any facts were known?

Sorry. Can't follow your ramblings. Still trying to figure out the rearranged chronology part?

BTW, did you really put the blame for the latest bombing on the reds before any facts were known?

In you #23, isn't the second part of the sentence like telling these premeditated murders would have been perpetrated after the last PTP government was, so you call it, 'removed', while in fact this odious crime was committed well before that. So, isn't that kind of a re-arranged chronology of events?

In you #23, isn't the second part of the sentence like telling these premeditated murders would have been perpetrated after the last PTP government was, so you call it, 'removed', while in fact this odious crime was committed well before that. So, isn't that kind of a re-arranged chronology of events?

Uhhh...no. You sure have a peculiar way of reading posts.

How about it. Did you blame the reds for the last bombing right after it went off or not?

The thing that bothers me is did they admit guilt to save themselves from the death penalty? I mean the process is flawed in that you can reduce your sentence if you admit guilt. Not saying I condone the act; more a case of did they get the right people?

Good. More vermin and scum behind bars.

And make sure they end up in a jail with a high yellow shirt population.
Haven't you noticed.

They rarely put yellows in prison. Neither for corruption, nor murder. Your wish is highly unlikely to come true.

Like most wishes ?

But it seems the reds have far more crazies waiting IN the woodwork. And in far too many of these instances of political violence, the perpetrators allege they were paid by those with positions in, or connections to members of, Thaksinist governments.

Interesting that this event was caused by the removal of Thaksin in 2006. That suppressed rage must finally have got to be too much, right?

Nice way of distorting facts, the 70 year old was innocent, however he came between a clash with the Rambo of Isarn and the anti government demonstrators. The Rambo of Isarn had been harassing and using weapons to intimidate the anti government protesters (kinda like this grenade attack they discuss here). So as a result the anti government protesters brought weapons too. So a firefight broke out and he caught in the middle. That is totally different thing from intentionally shooting grenades at unarmed protesters and killing kids (The reds killed kids in Trat too almost like a pattern). The 70 y/o was a victim of both sides and IMHO more of the red side even though the bullet came from the anti government side. The harassment of the Rambo of Isarn had been happening for days and the police did nothing about it. That was what led to the violent clash. Tragic, but nothing like the act described here.

Your mention of the disappeared is nice, but there is no proof it happened not a shred the klongs were searched no bodies were found. Your gasping at straws. There is one side who is far more violent as the other and it is clear for everyone to see who has no red glasses on.

The Trat attack and the cheering about it on stage of a large red-shirt meeting is such an example, children were killed there too. All you can come up with is the unfortunate dead of a 70 y/o who was the victim of both sides and some other unproven things.