Why Did You Choose Your Screen Name?

corkscrew

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine stands for middle east oil man since I'm working in the Gulf.

Nowadays I don't wear my Redwing boots that often anymore and spent more time behind a desk dealing with all sorts of red tape that you don't want to know about.

Templer

This was my very first nickname ,

I was about 5 yrs old when the TV series

The saint was on the TV (UK)

My neighbour started calling me Templer

after Simon Templer The saint

My first name is Simon

I was definitely not a saint

Shame you spelt it wrong though.... :o

[ Templar ]

I picked quadricorrelator because it was my favorite analog microchip architecture used in designing phase locked loops for recovering clock and data signals in fiber optic systems.

Since I picked that name, I have used other architectures which give better results, but I already picked the name, so I guess I can't change it.

-q

I picked quadricorrelator because it was my favorite analog microchip architecture used in designing phase locked loops for recovering clock and data signals in fiber optic systems.

Since I picked that name, I have used other architectures which give better results, but I already picked the name, so I guess I can't change it.

-q

Fair enough , but why not something more catchy like ...(IQ' - QI')/(I^2 + Q^2)

?

:o

-q

Fair enough , but why not something more catchy like ...(IQ' - QI')/(I^2 + Q^2)

?

Good one!

Wish I'd thought of it.

-q

childhood nickname; boo-boo

Boo.. Is that cos you used to hit all the boys?

How did you choose your screen name, Admin3?

Admin2

It was chosen for me by my Parents , Admin0 and Admin1 , what's your story ?

[ are we related ? ]

funnynq2.gif

A friend came from Wam Nam Yen, so I asked on the Thai language forum what it meant. I was told 'Cool Water Palace' hence... I still never found out where the cool water palace is or was. It seems just main street, anywhere on a trunk road, to some extent, with a few back streets. I think in the past the place may have been first settled because of a local spring, possibly a consequence of the volcanic outcrops to the north. I want to know more about Thailand's geology. Any references known, in English? Or have I not studied the regular guide books closely enough?

My first effort was all in one word, but that was already taken, so I split it up.

Edited by Cool Water Palace

Mine is simple enough.

Back home my best freind is called Paul, and we were both called Pauly by our other freinds.

For some strange reason all my freinds, guys and gals had a "Y" sutck on the end of their names.

PeteY, MarkY, KellY (well that one was there anyway) MattY, MikeY

When I started coming to Thailand regularly before I moved here they called me Thai Pauly to avoid any further confusion :o

Well my mates call me Donz, the donz,sir don, donza, I like Donz better

The ladies call me Is Don is good, but thought the winner was donz so I chose that

Never mind the name, you changed your avatar AGAIN !!! <deleted> :o Are you hiding ?????

I was forced to take it down, this is a temp one until i find another good one.