Just like the people I came here to avoid..

willyumiii

No, it wasn't you either Naam, both you and Trans have more post counts than the poster I'm referring too.

It was not me either!

I worked for years as a firefighter.

I would put anyone out.

I couldn't help myself.

It is what I was trained to do!

Not you, you don't have a high post count. IMO, a high post count is over ten thousand.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OP, who cares? live your own life here and stop worring about what others say or do, you will have a much better life here, you sound just like the people you are complaining about

worried?

I believe I said I was amused!

Inded not worried, just complaining like an old sad farang. Try to grow some skin "willyumiii", and remove the rose tints.

Simple to answer the OP's question!

In Farangland many things are better than in Thailand, and many things are worse than in Thailand.

So it all depends on what you personally consider to be important in your life.

Nothing wrong about complaining about what you don't like here & there, as long as you also see what is good here & there.

(And wouldn't it be wonderful if we could combine the good of both worlds? - for that, Farangland and Thailand would have to change).

I do realize of course that my opinion does not fit in a bar or in a bar like forum.

Much easier and popular to air extreme opinions.

"(And wouldn't it be wonderful if we could combine the good of both worlds? - for that, Farangland and Thailand would have to change)."

THAT IS WHAT I SAID

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

THE ARGUMENTATIVE ONE SAID:

But who decides what the good things are ... A small number of foreigners who assume they have all the answers or the "owners " of the country. If you can't fix what's wrong in your own country, why would you assume you have the expertise to change everything here.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

NOW THAT WE HAVE THE QUOTES SORTED OUT....

- did I say that I have all the answers?

- who exactly are the owners of Thailand? The current / previous hiso?

- did I say that EVERYTHING needed changing here?

In my opinion, the loso of both Farangland and Thailand (and other countries) can together learn from each other.

Accuse me of being a dreamer, no problem, John Lennon wrote a song about that, but please save me your sour comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRhq-yO1KN8

when in rome do as the romans doi have lived in many countrys and find same thingthey gather together and think we are better than the people in there guest countryand start to put shit on thembut always remember weak people gather in groups and put people down who dont join there groupi now keep to myself and family and always get many laughts every dayand sometimes make the serious and bored on tvf get a laught

opaired, I agree with what many, including the OP and yourself have said, thank you.

My uncle always said

"When in Rome do as the Romans. Now he's serving a life sentence in an Italian prison for killing 1,250 Christians".

You said you sometimes like a good laugh, I hope this is one for you. No insult intended to anyone, just happiness.

You are all forgetting that the members on TV are NOT the majority of farang tourists and expats.

I know plenty of farangs who never heard of TV and others who have, but are not bothered to read and/or post.

Some bash Thai on some points and usually for good reasons, but then I always remind them that they live in Pattaya and Pattaya is NOT the real Thailand.

Most people I know are unaware of this forum. Those that have come across it were generally either repulsed by the negativity and some of the opinions stated here, or found the kind of people that dominate the place laughable. It certainly doesn't represent the Thailand I live in.

I think some people made such a mess of their lives here that they gain a little comfort from dragging everyone else down to their level. Seeing others enjoy life in their failed paradise is just too painful.

Some of us failed in their farang life (me)........I never complained about that to anyone..

But, what pisses me off is folk who get burned in LOS without ever living here and runs folk down who have tried to make a go of it. One bloke comes to mind at this very moment.........This bloke just can't help posting on Thai forums running folk down who are having a go at Thai life.

Why would someone who's never lived here spend that much time on Thai forums?

I think some people made such a mess of their lives here that they gain a little comfort from dragging everyone else down to their level. Seeing others enjoy life in their failed paradise is just too painful.

Some of us failed in their farang life (me)........I never complained about that to anyone..

But, what pisses me off is folk who get burned in LOS without ever living here and runs folk down who have tried to make a go of it. One bloke comes to mind at this very moment.........This bloke just can't help posting on Thai forums running folk down who are having a go at Thai life.

Fink hate for those who do cos they he a problem.........Yep, sure of that...

Well that cleared that up.

"In some ways I feel like I have found a second childhood,

with so many new experiences and new things to learn."

On the button

Yeah,...Just great... Second Childhood, so right !!!

There are so many things I do in Thailand that I could not do in Europe,...money wise or law wise,... I drive a car i could not drive in Europe because of the Off Road modifications that would be forbidden in my country,...Driving around SE Asia could be done inexpensively compared to driving in Europe....

And I'm not even talking about the quality of nightlife I had in the time I am in SE Asia....I could easily invite a couple of friends in a restaurant witch I could not do in Europe without it costing me a small fortune....etc,...etc...

Best regards.

I agree Transam.

People who do not live in Thailand who are experts on life here and usually very critical of Thailand and those of us who do live here.

What could be their motivation??

Even if they did live here" once upon a time"...if you are not here now, you are not current or relevant.

Possibly a good topic for a new thread...." Why?"

I agree Transam.

People who do not live in Thailand who are experts on life here and usually very critical of Thailand and those of us who do live here.

What could be their motivation??

Even if they did live here" once upon a time"...if you are not here now, you are not current or relevant.

Possibly a good topic for a new thread...." Why?"

Actually there was a good thread on this a while back but some commenting on this from the "camp" your referring to all started getting hystrical from their farangistan countries and the thread was closed in the end

Agreed with the OP. Its thedifferences that make it all an experience.

Vive la difference.

Yep. I go slap bonkers after a few months in Thailand, but totally love the place.

As long as I'm back & forth to my world & theirs, it's cool.

Gotta say it's the best in Asia though for me.

Taiwan, Japan, China, Malaysia, Cambodia, PH? Been there.

I prefer Thailand.

============

PS........I DO love to laugh at the Thai government though.

OP, who cares? live your own life here and stop worring about what others say or do, you will have a much better life here, you sound just like the people you are complaining about

Spot on, but this type of humans never ever sees their own faults just others..

Glegolo

Exactly, the OP should get a life and stop complaining like a sad old man. One more thing OP, try to grow some skin.

Exactly, the OP should get a life and stop complaining like a sad old man. One more thing OP, try to grow some skin.

I am sure the OP does have skin, as if he didnt his internal bits would fall out

• 1 month later...

Archived