Very tiny bugs on the ceiling

Has anyone seen these almost microscopic bugs that live on the ceiling? They look reddish-brown and smaller than any bug I have ever seen. What are they? They crawl around upside-down on the ceiling and to a lesser extent on the walls too. I can't get rid of them. I clean them off and spray Chaindrite where walls meet the ceiling but they keep coming back. It's not really possible to spray the entire surface of the ceiling cause most of the spray falls back down and I just end up breathing it.

I would be grateful for the advice off anybody that has dealt with these creatures.

These are ticks in their infant state. If you have dogs or cats, check them and treat them.

You can use a soft broom to remove them from the ceiling and cellotape works great on the walls.

Buy Bayticol and use that to spray, not so heavy as Chaindrite and renders the female ticks infertile.

Spray the pets as well if you have them.

Edited by Lunghans

A photograph might help.

Perhaps with a Match-head or Cotton Tip alongside for size comparison?

I'll charge the camera and try but they're small. I think I would need a macro lens to get a decent shot.

Knowing which room(s) would also possibly add a clue or two to solving the mystery.

They can be found in all rooms but one bedroom has more than the others. I had these in an apartment I lived before, I'm in a house now. I live in Phuket by the way.

These are ticks in their infant state. If you have dogs or cats, check them and treat them.

You can use a soft broom to remove them from the ceiling and cellotape works great on the walls.

Buy Bayticol and use that to spray, not so heavy as Chaindrite and renders the female ticks infertile.

Spray the pets as well if you have them.

They don't have the shape of a tick. They are more oblong not the round spider shape a tick has. No pets here either. I've used the broom when I'm lazy but I don't like them ending up on the beds and furniture. That's why I use a wet rag.

Buy a smoke bomb, it is a bug bomb that fills everything crawly. Set it off and leave the house for 6 hours and wipe all surfaces when you come back.

I've never seen those here. Where can I get some. I'd try that if I could get it.

Thanks for the replies.

In my 11 years here I have never, in several locations, been WITHOUT tiny bugs, ants ?, scurrying

about many rooms but, long ago, agreed to stop spraying if they acted respecful & didn't consume

much. Often right in my hot pot which I used to empty and refill so now I just incinerate those

disrectful of my morning coffee !

Here are some pics. It's the best I could do.

Yes, every one of those tiny dark specs is a bug and they are not just sitting there. They are moving around but sticking to the ceiling mostly.

post-53817-0-58080000-1441701193_thumb.j

post-53817-0-69514000-1441701292_thumb.j

post-53817-0-08803600-1441701384_thumb.j

post-53817-0-29570800-1441701457_thumb.j

post-53817-0-01126100-1441701495_thumb.j

post-53817-0-17128900-1441701554_thumb.j

post-53817-0-63535100-1441701583_thumb.j

post-53817-0-86529300-1441701633_thumb.j

post-53817-0-80954200-1441701686_thumb.j

post-53817-0-85644900-1441701713_thumb.j

post-53817-0-57782000-1441701742_thumb.j

post-53817-0-46093900-1441701787_thumb.j

Edited by Pakaty

We have had ticks in the house. And I mean a lot. They don't crawl along upside down on the ceiling. They go up to find a place to moult / lay eggs.

I agree, they aren't ticks.

In my 11 years here I have never, in several locations, been WITHOUT tiny bugs, ants ?, scurrying

about many rooms but, long ago, agreed to stop spraying if they acted respecful & didn't consume

much. Often right in my hot pot which I used to empty and refill so now I just incinerate those

disrectful of my morning coffee !

I wish the best for you and your extended family cheesy.gif Bugger off biggrin.png Sorry, I couldn't resist laugh.png

On the ceiling? I don't think so facepalm.gif

Are you killing them with a sharpened toothpick?

I was making shush-kabobs.

Do you have gekkos (jinjoks)?

If not try introducing a few, whilst they do poop quite a lot they eat bugs of all sorts and the poop is bigger and easy to clean up.

Lots, I'm from Hawaii where they are considered to be good luck to have in your house. Never kill a gecko. But I think these things are too small to even make a gecko's mouth water.