Makro Phayao due to Open

ripstanley

For all members near Phayao the new Makro branch is due to open on 16th September 2015. It is located on Highway 1 about 500 metres south of the Ing river crossing.

My main concern will be the traffic trying to enter from the south and vehicles trying to depart heading north. Time will tell

Edited by ripstanley

• 2 weeks later...

First day for the public was today. Many people as would be normal for the opening day. The shop is the same setup as the Mae Sai shop.

What I did notice that I thought strange was a non Thai working in the bakery section. The wife spoke to him but he could not understand her. She spoke Thai to him. He spoke English. It appeared that he was there for the opening only. The man he called was Thai and could speak some English as well.

We do not have a Makro card. My wife went to the counter to register but was given a number to present at checkout. She was told to come back after we exited the checkout with receipt and then app[y for a card. It will be ready for pickup in 7 days.

Good to see a new supermarket in Phayao.

There was a police presence at the entrance with many witches hats on the roads.